Author Topic: Gloria Allred  (Read 1329 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Gloria Allred
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:54:38 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/08/herman-cain-accuser-sharon-bialek-gloria-allred-s-latest-media-circus.html
The discussion here is hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as here.

chris nw
7 Hours Ago
To those who ask 'why Allred?' it's simple. Lawyers specialize just like doctors. You have heart problems, you go to a cardiologist. The very best cardiologist, with the best track record, you can afford. If it's sexual harassment, there are attorneys who specialize in that, as well as divorces or real estate. The reason Allred is prominent is because she gets results for her clients.
FauxHunter2 and 1 morelike this.
· Reply Jeffin90019
8 Hours Ago
The involvement of Allred introduces an enormous element of doubt into the validity of the sexual harrassment claim.
charlieultrasheenlikes this.
· Reply TeaParody
5 Hours Ago
Of course it does
FauxHunter2 and 1 morelike this.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:14:45 PM by Plane »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »
"The involvement of Allred introduces an enormous element of doubt into the validity of the sexual harrassment claim."

Precisely a point, I've made from the beginning, as well
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »
I was impressed right away by Gloria's street smarts - - she wouldn't even enter the room till the guy from Howard Stern had been cleared out.  She took control of the message that was going to emanate from that room:  100% Allred, 0% Stern.

Something else that impressed me right away:  her line, "Mr. Cain had a stimulus package of his own."  That line's got legs!  Gonna be around for a long time.

Gloria's gonna rip Herm the Perv a new ass-hole.  Got a very good feeling about this woman.  Herm the Perv is a real creep because he was taking advantage of a woman after she'd already been fired, and was desperate to get her job back.  That is NOT a class act.  He's a piece of shit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:39:24 AM »
I'm sure you & Gloria will get back to us when you actually have some proof, you know, evidence.  Restaurant receipt, Hotel dates, witness(es), something.  Her word, and Gloria's just ain't going to cut it, and until then the only pile of AMBE being spewed is that of the accuser............she's simply "unbelievable", per your own parameters
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:59:37 AM »
Well Gloria may be good at press conferences but she wasz short on facts.

Like the date of the meeting.

The name of the hotel.

The name of the restaurant.

Important things that should be available to the accused when making graphic allegations like her client made.

Lin Wood ( Cain's attorney) is no babe in the woods when it comes to media generated witch hunts. He protected Richard Jewell when the AJC was calling him the Olympic bomber. He defended the Ramsey family when the media was trying them in the press.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 05:36:06 AM »
I think an attorney with experience in rape and sexual assault cases has a huge advantage over a guy like The Perv's lawyer because many times she will have had clients who DON'T have any recollection of all the facts that you required.  Many times she would have been faced with the same absurd demands for perfect recall of all the trivia of an event when all her client can recall are the salient facts - - how she came to be with the man, and what the man did to her.  And her track record seems to indicate that she knows how to surmount the attack, probably (and I'll just guess here at how she does it) by ridiculing demands for total recall that very few people are capable of providing and by throwing the demands for particulars back at the perp and his lawyer.

Anyway, Gloria's on her home turf now and The Perv's lawyer is not.  This'll be fun to watch.  My bet: that the old Hermster is going down.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 06:26:39 AM »
...........all her client can recall are the salient facts - - how she came to be with the man, and what the man did to her. 

These are the sailent facts that cannot be checked. Where, when and how could be told in terms that have left traces.

The presumption of innocense would be entirely enough to defeat any attempt to enforce the law on Herman Cain, and the presumption of innocence is cultural enough that it may be appealed to in the public .

I have a suggestion , that some old persons who were involved in the "Scottsboro boys" case be consulted. That a woman should be believed just because she is white and a man disbelieved just because he is black is a part of the old fashioned culture that we are doing well to grow out of.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/scottsboro/scottsb.htm

Hmmmm  ....1937  .... might not be anyone left in good shape to be consulted. I was a bit hazy on the time this occured.

Still the principal of believeing a woman for the sake of her white virtue and disbelieveing a man on the strength of his famous black sex drive became embarrassing even in Alabama even in that day.

In our more recent history we have elected a womaniser accused of pretty much this same thing by pretty much the same sort of accuser and pretty much the same number of them.

But he was White.

Once elected it was joked that the was the first black president because he fit the steriotype so well.

This is a particularily deadly steriotype , it directly causecd "strange fruit " in the 1920s and must be one of the slowest malicious  ideas to die.

Democrats are quite hard to embarrass, but being found holding this bloody old racist tool in their hands might be enough to shame even a Clinton supporter.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 06:40:55 AM »
 http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/scottsboro/scottsb.htm

Hey MT, I didn't know that the American Communist party had an important role in the Scottsboro boys case.
   Had you heard of that?

They helped  provide the defense ,  this caused a real defense to be put together for the appeal after a rather poor defense had been applied for the origional case.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 10:47:19 AM »
Even the Communists are on the right side from time to time.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »
I used to know a lot about the Scottsboro boys, having read a paperback autobiography of Samuel Leibowitz, the attorney retained by the CP, I believe for the re-trials ordered by the Supreme Court.  It was such a long time ago that I had to Google the Scottsboro Boys just to retrieve Leibowitz' name, which I had forgotten.  Google reminded me once again of the courage of Matt Wann, the local sheriff who had faced down a lynch mob , proving that there were, even then, some decent white Southerners (probably one in a hundred thousand but still . . .)

The thing that I never forgot from the book was Leibowitz' arrival in the small town where the retrial was going to be held, surrounded in his hotel by a mob bearing signs that said "Kill the Jew from New York" and the hospitality shown to him by the prosecutor and his wife in their own home, to the outrage of the townsfolk.  (OK, three in a hundred thousand)

Incidentally, from Googling for Leibowitz' name, I found there's a huge amount of information easily available about the case, which even has its own web-site.  From the Wikipedia article alone, I was able to find photos of many of the participants in the case, including the two girls Ruby and Victoria, who were not exactly hothouse flowers even as teenagers.  It was pretty hard to imagine either one of them exciting the baser passions in anyone except a sailor who'd been at sea for . . . oooops, sorry, plane!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 06:32:16 PM »
  I shall exact a revenge of suitable caliber later.