Author Topic: it`s interesting how businesses don`t know how to make money  (Read 928 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
it`s interesting how businesses don`t know how to make money
« on: November 16, 2011, 02:57:21 AM »
I was at barnes and noble and notice all these ads about there ebook, but no VISIBLE demo models for people to try out.
I very much remember the applestores has all there products for people to try out as much as they like in fact the staff is there to teach how to use them anytime they like. I don`t recall any other store willing to sell thier product to such a degree.

I think thats one of the reason competing tablets are not doing well since people will not be able to use the product before purchase. most demo i see are not functioning and the clerk only guessing how it works.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: it`s interesting how businesses don`t know how to make money
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »
Barnes and Noble is not a very useful place to buy anything.

On numerous occasions I have gone there looking for a book. They promise to order it, I return and not only is the book not there, but there is no record that anyone ordered anything for me. As soon as I discovered that I could get the book used in good condition from Amazon for a fraction of the price, I quit going to Barnes and Noble and other mall bookstores.

Apple's stuff is hugely overpriced, but it is well designed, and they do have it available to try out in their stores, which are among the most inviting ones in the mall.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: it`s interesting how businesses don`t know how to make money
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
Exactly

The only reason you can't try a demo or ask a question in a applestore is because thier packed.