Author Topic: economic power from America to China?  (Read 475 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
economic power from America to China?
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »
Do you welcome a shift in global economic power from America to China?
Vote in the poll

http://www.economist.com/what-the-world-thinks/do-you-welcome-shift-global-economic-power-america-china

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: economic power from America to China?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »
So the Norwegians and Pakistanis are all for China getting more power.

Why would Norwegians have this opinion,and not the rest of Scandinavia? I find that curious.

The fact is that China will gain a bit, the US will probably not be any worse off, but will not grow as fast as has previously been the case.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 01:26:49 AM »
people keep forgetting china has nothing to stop it except it`s own government . America on the other hand has alot of things that slows it.

broadband & medicine. these factors alone show no sign of growing ahead of other countries.
infact broadband has imposed use limits.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »
people keep forgetting china has nothing to stop it except it`s own government . America on the other hand has alot of things that slows it.

=============================================
China's main barrier may be its government, but the government imposes order,without which there is not likely to be development. Investing in China is pretty risky, and would be a lot more so if not for the government. China has something as close to a planned economy as anyone has ever had in a capitalist system. The government of the US catches some company like Goldman Sachs or the B of A for selling mortgage securities as a safe investment and selling them short at the same time, and they get a small fine, paid by the investors with no admission of guilt. The same thing in China could easily result in the Execs responsible for this fraud for being taken out and shot.

I agree that the government holds the Chinese back, especially in matters of freedom of speech and self-governance. But at the same time, without the government providing some security, China could never maintain a growth rate of 9-10% annually.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 12:10:49 PM »
look at the movie" kung fu panda"
the chinese government was publicly upset it`s own movie industry can`t produce a movie just as good. the response from the industry was it can`t because of government regulation hinders them.

but the one true advantage china has over america is that if they ever want to make the best of anything,it can. america can`t.

ex. america can never compete in stem cell research

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »
I thought "Kung Fu Panda" was a decent toon, but hardly the best. I can't imagine what government restrictions might prevent them from making such a film in China. There is a lot of technological expertise involved in such films, but the sense of humor seems very American to me. I would think that Mu-Lan would be more in keeping with Chinese artistic and comedic sensibilities than Kung Fu Panda.

I think that the US comes very close to perfection in its space program. Voyager I and II are STILL sending back data.