Author Topic: New York to Tax the Rich  (Read 8680 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New York to Tax the Rich
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 03:57:36 AM »
And i just think it best if taxes must be raised and if their taxes raising is justified then every person who draws a paycheck should roll up their sleeves and help out. For the fairness.

See, I understand the Principle of that concept, but how is it we got the the point that "if taxes must be raised...." 

Why MUST they be raised, when its been made crystal clear, from both Dems & Republicans, that during times of recession/depression, one of the worst things you can do to stifle any economic recovery is to raise taxes, especially on "the rich" and businesses?? 

Why MUST they be raised, when its not a revenue problem that has brought us this economic disaster?? It's rampant out of control Government spending problem.  You rightly hilighted the Dept of Education as another good example of overt Government bureaucracy and spending
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
I don't believe i said they must be raised. I believe i said if the govt can justify raising taxes that would be how they should do it. I was very careful in that stipulation.

Now you know and i know that the GOP has made noises about cutting spending but they haven't come up with anything that significantly reduces spending now. Meanwhile we borrow 40cents on the dollar to keep this sinking ship afloat.

Is it any wonder our creditworthiness is questioned?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
So, as it currently stands, no one can justify why taxes MUST be raised, yet that's all that's talked about, while barely a word is spoken on when & where the gorilla-in-the-room spending beast, that brought us the massive debt & deficits, and need to borrow 40cents on the dollar to keep this sinking ship afloat, is to be tackled

Some folks, like myself want to do what's right, however too many want to talk & simply do what's easy    :(

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:41:41 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 12:59:37 PM »
Let's see your immediate spending cuts and then we can determine if raising taxes is justified. 1.4 trillion worth, i believe. And lets not count war savings.

Ball in you court.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »
Umm, I'm still waiting for the ball that justifies that we "must raise taxes", in a recession.  Ball still hasn't left your court.  But to tease you a bit, it's a 5% cut to every agency, across the board, to start with, along with consideration for abolishing certain agencies all together, such as the Dept of Ed.

One more time, the cowardly lazy talk of simply raising taxes is all that seems to want to be talked about, while barely a word is spoken on when & where the gorilla-in-the-room spending beast, that brought us the massive debt & deficits, and need to borrow 40cents on the dollar to keep this sinking ship afloat, is to be tackled

Some folks, like myself want to do what's right, however too many want to talk & simply do what's easy     

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »
In case you missed it the first time:

I don't believe i said they must be raised. I believe i said if the govt can justify raising taxes that would be how they should do it. I was very careful in that stipulation.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »
So how much does 5% across the board save us?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 01:40:24 PM »
In case you missed it the first time:

That's strange.....I don't recall claiming you ever did.  Imagine my surprise when you make it seem as if I did.  .........  not.       :o

I'm merely asking for a justification in YOUR use of "...if taxes MUST be raised.....".  My bad, if you can't seem to come to any rational answer to that.  Perhaps there really isn't one....which is ironically the main point being made. 

But let's keep talking about what's easy vs what's right

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »
I'm merely asking for a justification in YOUR use of "...if taxes MUST be raised.....".

What?

Are you asking why i insist that they be across the board? and not just on the rich?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
I'm asking as to why taxes MUST be raised, during a recession.  I've seen no "justification" from anyone, including the government, as was your parameters.   In fact, I've seen quite the opposite reference of rhetoric, during a recession

It's merely easier to raise taxes than to do what's right, in cutting the out of control spending, which is causing us to borrow 40cents on the dollar to keep this sinking ship afloat

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »
Why are you asking me that question?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »
I guess that answers my question, thank you very much

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »
Glad we cleared that up. So how much does your 5% save us?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 03:12:16 PM »
If its across the board, its a great start.  I'll just point to the Ryan plan for an additional grasp of what the right thing to do is, vs what's easy

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
If.

Such a small word, but such huge implications when it is missed.

The issue as I saw it wasn't 'taxes MUST be raised', it was 'if taxes MUST be raised...'

But carry on...I do so enjoy watching.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016