Author Topic: New York to Tax the Rich  (Read 8677 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New York to Tax the Rich
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2011, 06:12:25 AM »
Kimba,

If you moove to Macon Ga. I will introduce you to the Chineese guy that lives there.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »
I recall seeing a Chinese restaurant in Macon once when there was some accident on the Interstate and we had to drive slowly through town. I bet there is more than one Chinese guy in Macon. I have yet to see a Chinese restaurant in the US that had anyone but other Chinese waiters and cooks.

I do recall a Chinese restaurant in Santo Domingo I went once where only the owner was Chinese and he was not in attendance. The worst fried rice, ever. Including when I have tried to make it in my own kitchen.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »
lol

interesting thing about my people in america is thiers a 70% chance if I did meet that guy from macon I probly could only talk nto him in english. chinese only hang out with chinese from the same village because our dielect is so different we sound like gibberish to each other. I remember the first time I heard mandarin I just won`t believe that`s chinese. took me almost a year to accept it. I`ve met many people who thinks I`m a hillbilly because of my dialect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taishanese

sadly wiki refined it`s definition ,before it said it`s incomprehensable,now it`s hard for the cantonese to understand.they pc the hillbilly out of us.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2011, 01:06:40 PM »
Taxes are not punishment, they are revenue.

sirs assumes that they are punishment. Maybe for marrying the wealthy Mrs sirs, who knows what he feels so guilty about.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
And Xo assumes wrong, once again.  Imagine that     :o    Taxes are a necessary function to Government doing its job.  The issue then what the proper size and role of Government, keeping in mind that the bigger it becomes, the more taxes necessary to feed it. 

ADDING higher taxes to those that already pay the highest taxes is a coward's way of trying to play the class warfare card, and is defacto punishing those for their success.   And as everyone can note, drives buinesses out of your state, along with all the jobs and tax revenunes connected to them. to states with a lesser tax and regulation burden

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:30:16 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2011, 04:12:23 PM »
ADDING higher taxes to those that already pay the highest taxes is a coward's way of trying to play the class warfare card, and is defacto punishing those for their success.   And as everyone can note, drives buinesses out of your state, along with all the jobs and tax revenunes connected to them. to states with a lesser tax and regulation burden

Are you reverting back to arguing state level taxation or are we still discussing federal taxation?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
It is typical sirs, it really matters not.

Capitalism rewards people very unevenly. Those who benefit the most, should pay the most. It is not punishment, it is like hotels charging more in the Summer when the weather is more agreeable.  sirs dementedly thinks it is "punishment", but this is not true. sirs is simply nuts.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »

Are you reverting back to arguing state level taxation or are we still discussing federal taxation?

Typical Xo, wrong, as it matters at every level, local, state, and Federal.  To answer Bt's question however, begs the question, how am I reverting to anything?   The current detrimental level of taxation and regulations being imposed on CA is a microcosm of what DC Democrats have been pushing Federally. 

The advantage that DC has is by globally (meaning across the country) applying their taxation and regulation bonanaza, is that businesses and people have no place to move to.  But the foundation of the problem remains, at all levels, trying to impose even higher taxes on those who already are shouldering far more of the burden in running this country, than can't even remotely be considered fair
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2011, 05:40:32 PM »
So you are conflating the to levels of government and their philosophies re: taxation. OK.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2011, 05:47:44 PM »
Not at all, since I just referenced how they are seperate.  But by all means, continue

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »
Not at all, since I just referenced how they are seperate.  But by all means, continue

Yes, you did, after the fact. Just trying to ascertain your state of mind at the time of the post.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
  Local taxation is generally better , your money gets spent closer to home and the benefit is much more visible , practicly none of it gets sent overseas.

I do consider high tax rates to be punishment , it is the very point of sin taxes and the practical effect of confiscatory rates of taxes.

I have been been working a lot of overtime, to the point that it seems less rewarding to work any more and somewhat pointless.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
Just trying to ascertain your state of mind at the time of the post.

Not sure what "state of mind" has to do with anything.  Nothing nefarious or misleading here, if that was indeed your effort to imply

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
You have answered the question to my satisfaction. Thank you.