Author Topic: Blended Conservatism  (Read 6861 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Blended Conservatism
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
What is going on in someone else's body cannot be my concern. A person's right to reproduce is absolute and none of your beeswax.

Absolutely....no issue there.  The issue becomes when a 2nd person is added into the equation.  A person that the courts count as a PERSON, when we're talking about the murder of a pregnant woman, and there's a count of 2 persons murdered

I have no more reason to tell a woman that she cannot have an abortion than I do to tell you that you cannot remove the tonsils, adenoids or rotten tooth that God, in all his wisdom, gave you.

Probabaly because the latter doesn't involve a seperate innocent life

If a person has no control over their own body, they are not a free person.

A person has every right to do whatever they want to their own body.........UNTIL IT INVOLVES ANOTHER PERSON.  That is at the heart of rights & freedom, in this country

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »
1 person + one fetus= one person.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 02:08:57 AM »
And FACTS refute that in a court of law. 1 Person + 1 "fetus" = 2 persons
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
And FACTS refute that in a court of law. 1 Person + 1 "fetus" = 2 persons

No they don't.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »
Courts across the country, say otherwise, I'm afraid

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 11:26:19 AM »
Courts across the country, say otherwise, I'm afraid

Well you made the claim, show where the charges are exactly the same for the homicide of the mother and the homicide of the fetus.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
Sorry. That doesn't meet my request, in fact it proves my point and disputes yours. See feticide vs homicide.

Let's make it easier. Please cite court cases where the fetus is granted full and complete personhood rights. Rights that override the rights of the mother at the non viable stages of the development of the fetus.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »
Sorry. That doesn't meet my request, in fact it proves my point and disputes yours. See feticide vs homicide.

Actually it does...suffice's your request in information regarding Fetal homicides, and how courts across the country will aknowledge the death of 2 persons, in the homicide of a preganant woman.

Sorry, those are the facts, as I referenced earlier

Let's make it easier. Please cite court cases where the fetus is granted full and complete personhood rights. Rights that override the rights of the mother at the non viable stages of the development of the fetus.

I'll make it even easier.....Not the claim I made, but nice try

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »
Even if it were legally so, that would not make a fetus a person anymore than a law could make a jackrabbit a person or sirs a jackalope.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »

Actually it does...suffice's your request in information regarding Fetal homicides, and how courts across the country will aknowledge the death of 2 persons, in the homicide of a preganant woman.

Sorry, those are the facts, as I referenced earlier

I'll make it even easier.....Not the claim I made, but nice try

So if the fetus is not given complete personhood rights how is the homicide of the fetus and the mother treated as well as called the same crime.

1 Person + 1 "fetus" = 2 persons
Are you stepping back from that statement?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 01:03:42 PM »
Even if it were legally so,

It is, in courts across the country.  THAT's the fact I was refernecing. 

... that would not make a fetus a person anymore than a law could make a jackrabbit a person

Hardly.  But of course, you'll do what i just did and present some facts to back up where any court across the country presented a jackrabbit as a person, in some form or fashion.  Good luck with that

or sirs a jackalope.

And the trademark Xo effort and 3rd grade insulting.  Or perhaps we can demote that to 2nd grade, at this juncture.  tsk tsk tsk

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »
So if the fetus is not given complete personhood rights how is the homicide of the fetus and the mother treated as well as called the same crime.

It's called the murder of 2 persons, with a subsequent conviction, in a court of law as such, if found guilty, in courts across the country      ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
So if the fetus is considered a person by the courts, how is the killing of this person by abortion considered legal by these same courts?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »
You're going to have to take that up with the Judicial system, not to mention why so many folks don't support abortion.  Pretty abhorent double standard, if you ask me