Author Topic: Obama losing it??  (Read 2734 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama losing it??
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »
Wrong on SO MANY levels.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »
What pipeline??  The one that Obama just rejected in its being built, that would have not only amounted to thousands of newly created U.S. jobs, for a long period of time, but by improving our own national security, with a much closer supply of oil, vs relying more on the volatility of ME oil. 

What's your tact here, Bt?  Are you trying to defend Obama's decision??

So if there is no pipeline as of the moment, 
Oil isn't coming IN to the U.S. and its refineries, via the pipeline.
so why not truck it until the pipeline issue is sorted out?

Not sure what is so hard about that question.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »
What pipeline??  The one that Obama just rejected in its being built, that would have not only amounted to thousands of newly created U.S. jobs, for a long period of time, but by improving our own national security, with a much closer supply of oil, vs relying more on the volatility of ME oil. 

What's your tact here, Bt?  Are you trying to defend Obama's decision??

So if there is no pipeline as of the moment...

Yet that is the issue, at hand, at this moment.  A plan to do exactly what Obama keeps supposedly harping on, jobs, jobs, jobs, yada, blah, etc.  Trucking does nothing but turn any incoming oil into a mere trickle, doing prescious little but putting more gas guzzling big rigs on the road, with a far higher probability of accidents and overturning of their loads, and prescious little as it relates to jobs

So, are you actually defending Obama's decision?  This is not an issue that "needs sorted out", especially in placing it AFTER the ELECTION.  It already has been...3years review, State Dept all set to approve it.  This is pure politics, and noting to do with the president looking out for this country.  He's looking out for his job, and noting more, with this decision

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:47:48 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »
Yet that is the issue, at hand, at this moment.

So you agree that it would be smart for the oil producing country to line up other potential customers since Obama has decided the Keystone pipeline needs to be put off until after the election. But in the meantime i don't see the oil producing country halting production, so what happens to the shale oil now? How is it being delivered to refineries and where are they located? And is trucking a viable short term option?

And no i don't agree with Obama's decision . it shows extreme cowardice and hypocrisy. But that doesn't matter, because he's a short termer anyways and this congress can override his decision, all they need is enough senate votes to do it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »
Yet that is the issue, at hand, at this moment.

So you agree that it would be smart for the oil producing country to line up other potential customers since Obama has decided the Keystone pipeline needs to be put off until after the election.

Absolutely

But in the meantime i don't see the oil producing country halting production, so what happens to the shale oil now?

On deck, China

And no i don't agree with Obama's decision . it shows extreme cowardice and hypocrisy.

Extreme, is putting it nicely

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 09:20:33 PM »
So your hope is that Canada signs huge contracts with China just so you have material to bop Obama over the head with?

He nixed the pipeline, now what? anyone?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »
So your hope is that Canada signs huge contracts with China just so you have material to bop Obama over the head with?

Yea, that has to be it.         ::)

He nixed the pipeline, now what? anyone?

New President....Nov can't come fast enough

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »
Obama will win.

Give it up.

Stop whining about some stupid pipeline that will never affect ever the teensiest part of your miserable existence.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 11:30:19 AM »
Hope that cool-aide tasted good at least

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
How would that pipeline affect you? Tell us.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »
Leave it to Xo to make the parameters one that can only directly effect me personally, to proclaim how good an idea it is for this country

It personally effects me in how it can stimulate an increase in both the job market, increased revenues coming into the country, and a lesser reliance to the up/down volatility of middle east oil....which in turn, personally makes me feel much better about this country and a president, who would be looking out for the people of this country, vs his job

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »
So you want to risk poisoning the Oglalla aquifer so you can "feel good"?

Why not just give yourself a massage?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 12:16:46 PM »
Risk is mininal.  You can continue to fester in he world of maybe, while I keep focused on the world of would & will

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 03:35:32 PM »
That pipeline is not going to be built where it can endanger that aquifer.

Since Alberta Tar Sands oil is currently shipped out for refining, it is being done by train, truck and barge, which ALL involve more jobs than shipping via pipeline. So this is not about jobs.

It is about favors for a potentially dangerous foreign oil company.

Why you join the herd of  oil company cheerleaders when no one has so much as issued you a single  pom-pom seems baffling.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
That pipeline is not going to be built where it can endanger that aquifer.

What aquifier?, and how would it be "at risk"??

Since Alberta Tar Sands oil is currently shipped out for refining, it is being done by train, truck and barge, which ALL involve more jobs than shipping via pipeline. So this is not about jobs.

WRONG.....while all the other methods continue, who the hell do you think is going to build & maintain it??  ITS ALL ABOUT JOBS

It is about favors for a potentially dangerous foreign oil company.

What the frell??  Potentially??  Canada is now a dangerous foreign nation??  I realize the mere term "oil" is like a horrible term, but gads, talk about desperately grasping for straws    :o

Why you join the herd of  oil company cheerleaders when no one has so much as issued you a single  pom-pom seems baffling.

WRONG, I joined the herd that cares about America, its security, and the current Obamabyss the current WH resident is sending us into.  And my pom poms are the American Flag and Constitution, thank you very much
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:52:45 PM by sirs »