Author Topic: Can you just imagine...  (Read 5101 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Can you just imagine...
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 02:36:10 PM »
I don't recall excusing them.

You certainly minimized it.

In fairness, their racism causes much more harm to individuals than this example.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 02:38:55 PM »
I don't recall excusing them.

Nor I.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 02:54:27 PM »
Possibly african americans are meant to be exempted to the definition of bigotry
jesse jackson- hymie town
isaiah washington-faggot
 A senator whose name escapes me skwinted her eyes to portray asian -twice
the rodney king riot -all asians got attacked,when only koreans were the target-with the statement they`re all the same.
it`s just a hard sell on their part that they are not prejudice.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »
Sorry Js, you're going to have to elaborate a tad more, since that answer of "security" in and of itself, still doesn't justify overt racism

You justify the Israeli Government's overt racism with the word "security" so I thought it was suitable to every example of racist action.

Perhaps when you can show me how the Black caucus is physically attacked daily and groups diametrically opposed to their cause are on recore and up front in trying to rid the world of their existance.  Groups that perhaps even have wide spread support and sympathy.  THEN you may be able to apply "security" as a rationalization for their overt racism
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 02:59:18 PM »
No, I just put it in context. Israel's racist policies have resulted in far worse repercussions for the people of that region.

Even Steve Cohen says that he will find other ways to work with the Black Caucus and that he respects the members.

I'm not excusing racism, but I won't sit here and pretend that Steve Cohen's plight is similar to that of those who face Israeli apartheid. Surely we can work with context.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
Perhaps when you can show me how the Black caucus is physically attacked daily and groups diametrically opposed to their cause are on recore and up front in trying to rid the world of their existance.  Groups that perhaps even have wide spread support and sympathy.  THEN you may be able to apply "security" as a rationalization for their overt racism

Oh there are many violent white supremacist groups in existence. Though, just as in Israel, many of the ordinary people do not support them.

I see now that there are rules regarding when racism is acceptable. How convenient.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 03:12:35 PM »
No, I just put it in context. Israel's racist policies have resulted in far worse repercussions for the people of that region.

Meaning you have no examples, just a distorted attempt at connecting a completely off topic point, and supposed support of racism out of security to live.  There is no context here as they're no where close to comparable.  Next time though we see the Black Caucus attacked by a KKK suicide bomber, perhaps we can revisit this supposed "context" of yours.

Until then, please try addressing the point of the thread/story posted, if you don't mind
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:34:46 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »
I agree they aren't comparable. One is Ivory Tower congressional caucus membership and the other results in desperate poverty, irrational racism, and death.

Until then, please try addressing the point of the thread/story posted, if you don't mind

No problem Sirs. I'll leave your nice little "reverse-racism" thread alone keeping in mind that while you complain about whites being discriminated against in the United States, you support much more blatant racism in another country that has horrible effects on the people living there. I'll keep that in mind every time you whine about racism, freedom, democracy, and the free-market.

Now please, return to your points about Steve Cohen and the Black Caucus, pardon my interruption.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
I agree they aren't comparable. One is Ivory Tower congressional caucus membership and the other results in desperate poverty, irrational racism, and death.

No problem Sirs. I'll leave your nice little "reverse-racism" thread alone keeping in mind that while you complain about whites being discriminated against in the United States, you support much more blatant racism in another country that has horrible effects on the people living there. I'll keep that in mind every time you whine about racism, freedom, democracy, and the free-market.

Now please, return to your points about Steve Cohen and the Black Caucus, pardon my interruption.

BAM!!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 04:14:18 PM »

More accurately one is overt racism & segregation based nothing more than color, while the other you perceive as racism is in response to the everyday attempt at wiping them off the face of the earth, and the measures they've had to impliment as a result.  Again, the history books demonstrate Israel didn't "all of a sudden" start racist actions against palestinians, just because they could.  The actions they took were in direct response to the near immediate & simultanenous attacks by Israel's arab neighbors.  Is Israel pure as snow?, of course not.  What country is.  The point remains in how amazing you minimize 1 while condeming the other.  And we all know which you seem to have less trouble with.

I'll leave your nice little "reverse-racism" thread alone keeping in mind that while you complain about whites being discriminated against in the United States, you support much more blatant racism in another country that has horrible effects on the people living there.

Nice revisionist history, but whatever floats your boat, Js

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 04:52:22 PM »
At the end of sirs' last post, I just heard that horn riff they play when someone looks at the camera and frowns sometimes...waonh-waonh-waaaanh.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 05:15:12 PM »
At the end of sirs' last post, I just heard that horn riff they play when someone looks at the camera and frowns sometimes...waonh-waonh-waaaanh.

Gotta love seeing when the left continues to demonstrate their consistent double standard.  Blatant racism here.....no big deal.  Supposed racism on the other side of the globe, no matter the circumstances that brought about those supposed racist acts, but because it's Israel......now THAT we have to condemn

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 05:31:28 PM »
Hey, I called it racism and asked questions about whether they use federal funds.  What do you want from me?

The Israelis kill people.  I have yet to hear of one person killed by the Black Caucus.

What we're arguing about here is the difference between a .45 and a ticking dirty bomb.  Both are deadly.  Both are dangerous.  I would want neither around my kid but if I had to pick the lesser of two evils, I'd be less inclined to pick the ticking dirty bomb to put in my son's toddler bed.

Ok?

What do you want from me?

This is so stupid because I was going to do a post about this Cohen thing and the general racism pervasive in Memphis and how I think it could be circumvented.  I was going to be indignant about the situation with the Black Caucus and now I'm sitting here having respond to your bullshit.  Jeez.  Read my post tomorrow morning but it won't be because you demanded to hear some outrage on this.  I was going to do it anyway, JackA.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 11:42:32 PM »
Hey, I called it racism and asked questions about whether they use federal funds.  What do you want from me?

Consistent condemnation

The Israelis kill people. 

The Israelis kill terrorists bent on seeing them cease to exist.  Occasionally, innocents are tragically caught in the crossfire.  A far cry from some gneric claim that Israelis kill people.  We all kill people, in various ways.  The point being, Israel isning using racism to kill people, nor is the Black caucus.  The difference between the 2 is largely what Js referred to before....survival (though he referred to it as "security")

I have yet to hear of one person killed by the Black Caucus.  What we're arguing about here is the difference between a .45 and a ticking dirty bomb.  Both are deadly.  Both are dangerous. 

No, what you're talking about has nothing to do with what I've been saying, nor the racism being discussed.

What do you want from me?

Asked and answered already

Read my post tomorrow morning but it won't be because you demanded to hear some outrage on this.  I was going to do it anyway, JackA.

Well you ask so nicely, and so civillay, how could I not      ::)