Author Topic: If Obama is re-elected hide your guns!  (Read 1697 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: If Obama is re-elected hide your guns!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 01:55:29 PM »
In addition to your great responsibility with firearms, you also claim to foretell the future.

Perhaps when you step out of your shower and see a burglar brandishing your trusty P-whatsit, you will pop him with your towel and save the day.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
Wrong again, oh not-so-wise one.  Merely referencing reality and statistics, that you seem to be avoiding like the plague.  I'm far more likely to help stop a crime than I am to shoot myself.  Simple as that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »
It is just as likely that someone will shoot you or someone in your family with your own gun.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »
Not even remotely close, but your ignorance in the subject, is duly noted
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 05:42:27 PM »
I admit to not knowing the future. Statistically, nonetheless, the odds are that if anyone gets shot with your gun, it is more likely to be someone in your household.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »
Fortelling the future was never part of the "debate", until you deflected with it.  Ignorance in firearms, their use in preventing crimes, and gun statistics on this subject, especially with higher violent crime in regions with severely strict gun laws/restrictions, is your forte, compared to those regions with more permissive gun laws and CCW permits.  But cudos on your continued perseveration on this completely meaningless fortune telling tangent of yours.  I bet if you try really hard, you can predict that the sun will rise tomorrow, work on that fortune telling ability you seem to be so enamored with
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:29:44 PM by sirs »

BSB

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
I will admit to liking the idea of having a license to carry so I can carry if the need, in my opinion at the time, should ever arise. The truth however is that in all my life, not including my time in the military, I only felt the need to carry once. Further, I never, nor would I ever*, carry on a daily basis. Anyone who walks around carrying a concealed, or otherwise, weapon that is not required to do so as part of his or her work, is a nut-job.

BSB

* Unless there were a bunch of Dallas Cowboy fans around.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »
a) we all have the right to own one...period...until we abuse that right

b) your feelings aside, as long as someone follows the laws of that particular jurisdiction, including the appropriate level of training and safety handling, not only is a daily CCW a good idea, but statisically stops FAR more crimes than deaths associated with any irresponsible or accidental use by a CCW holder

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 06:22:41 PM »
your feelings aside, as long as someone follows the laws of that particular jurisdiction, including the appropriate level of training and safety handling, not only is a daily CCW a good idea, but statisically(sic) stops FAR more crimes than deaths associated with any irresponsible or accidental use by a CCW holder

==============================
Bah!

There are no statistics on crimes avoided because someone pulled a gun.

This is like saying, "If we had some ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had some eggs.

I have no idea what a CCW is. Some gun nut exercise, I suppose.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »
As I said, your ignorance on the subject is indeed impressive

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 12:39:24 AM »
You can only badmouth.

You have nothing to prove your ridiculous allegations.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 01:03:25 AM »
LOL....pricess and so ironic, since I'm actually the one providing all the facts and urls to those facts, while you're sitting at your keyboard, badmouthing everything contrary to your already made up mind of what is is, not being able to provide ANY thing remotely supporting your asanine assertions.

Priceless     8)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:40 AM »
  There are constant accounts of crimes foiled by gun weilding private citizens.
These are consistantly ignored by the press, the main body of the media is very liberal leaning and does not accept that the story of a crime foiled is ever important.

These storys are reported in NRA publications at a rate of about twenty a month, but who sees them there?

I bet an egg that XO went all year last year without reading an NRA magazine.

To be even handed tho XO has a point, just having the gun around is not garuntee of much, you have to carefull with it to prevent accident and more ready to use it than your advesary, this is a responsibility that cuts two ways.  About a third of the incidents of policemen being shot are incidents of the policeman being shot with his own wepon.
Odviously this portion of police personell being shot could be eliminated by disarming our policemen.

BSB

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:07 AM »
The catch 22 in all this is that those who make the most noise about our constitutional right to own a firearm, and most desire to carry one, are the very people who shouldn't be allowed to have a firearm. 

After reading sirs inane posts for all these years would anyone here trust him with a weapon? Of course not, the guys a complete nut-job.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »
  If we are talking about Sirs, this is not your call.

The Georgia legislature is considering new law right now that wouold remove the right to own guns from anyone with a history of violence.

What makes this difficult is whose call it should be and how much violence is violence.

Do people who have never harmed anyone , but who talk badly represent a bad risk?

How about people accused but not convicted?

What about people who have used justified violence?

How will this law be implemented in a jurisdiction where the authoritys are eager to disarm anyone that they can?

If we can actually make it illeagal for people prone to violence to buy guns , will this have any real effect?

I think this is a tough call.