Author Topic: If Obama is re-elected hide your guns!  (Read 1703 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
If Obama is re-elected hide your guns!
« on: March 18, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »

The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

Breitbart.com has uncovered video from 1995 of then-U.S. Attorney Eric Holder announcing a public campaign to "really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."

Holder was addressing the Woman's National Democratic Club. In his remarks, broadcast by CSPAN 2, he explained that he intended to use anti-smoking campaigns as his model to "change the hearts and minds of people in Washington, DC" about guns.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."

Holder added that he had asked advertising agencies in the nation's capital to assist by making anti-gun ads rather than commercials "that make me buy things that I don't really need." He had also approached local newspapers and television stations, he said, asking them to devote prime space and time, respectively, to his anti-gun campaign.

Local political leaders and celebrities, Holder said, including Mayor Marion Barry and Jesse Jackson, had been asked to help. In addition, he reported, he had asked the local school board to make the anti-gun message a part of "every day, every school, and every level."

Despite strict gun control efforts, Washington, DC was and remains one of the nation's most dangerous cities for gun violence, though crime has abated somewhat since the 1990s.

Holder went on to become Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton administration, and currently serves as Attorney General in the Obama Administration.

The video of Holder's remarks was uncovered by Breitbart.com contributor Charles C. Johnson.

Video:
http://content.bitsontherun.com/previews/vvy0FSoM-svqBtzyp

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/03/18/Holder-Fight-Guns-Like-Cigarettes

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: If Obama is re-elected hide your guns!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
The fewer guns are in Washington DC, the fewer people will get shot with them.

It is NOT hip to own a gun.

Some asshole cracker neighborhood watch type in Tampa just shot an unarmed Black teenager who was returning from the store with some Skittles and chips.  If there had been no gun, no one would have been killed.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »

Funny thing....DC has some of the most strictist gun laws in the country.....and has some of the highest gun related crime in the country.  Imagine that

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:46:21 PM »
Obama's scumbucket Holder is worried about Americans having
guns while he passes out free guns to the Mexican drug cartels!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:15:49 PM »
Not to mention this has zip to do with "hip", and everything to do with a RIGHT, that I might add, WILL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON

Until that Constitution is amended at least
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »

This is quite counter intuitive to me.

What is the reason to think this way?

It woould seem as though the strict regulation in the DC has mainly accomplished the disarmament of law abideing and responsible people , who were never the problem in the first place.

Lawbreaking and irrisponsible people seem just as well armed as ever.

BSB

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »
If you're part of a well regulated militia in Washington DC you should be able to own a flintlock, otherwise no guns. I'm the head sheriff of the BSB Posse so I can pack a modern firearm. But non-military type people like sirs should turn their weapons over. Preferably to me if it's a decent firearm.

Sheriff BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »
notice the typical....

"we know better than the masses, lets control them, force them to do what we want"

as doctor savage says:  liberalism/control freakism = a mental illness

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:34 PM »
Michael Savage is insane, pandering to morons, or both.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »
If you're part of a well regulated militia in Washington DC you should be able to own a flintlock, otherwise no guns. I'm the head sheriff of the BSB Posse so I can pack a modern firearm. But non-military type people like sirs should turn their weapons over. Preferably to me if it's a decent firearm.

Sheriff BSB

Yo sherriff.....you & Xo can take your anti-Constitution clap trap elsewhere.  In this country, I have just as much right to own a firearm as you do.  period

Bill of Rights Sirs

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:14 AM »

Sheriff BSB

Yo sherriff.....you & Xo can take your anti-Constitution clap trap elsewhere.  In this country, I have just as much right to own a firearm as you do.  period

Bill of Rights Sirs

I thought I detected satire.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:17 AM »
One can only take a minimal pleasure in knowing that statistically the most likely person to get shot with sirs guns is sirs himself, or someone else in his house.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 01:05:54 AM »
While realistically, and even more staticially, I'm more likely to stop a crime, by merely brandishing my P-228.  So nice of you to perseverate on the irrational, vs actually being able to refute the facts of higher violent crime, in a locale with arguably the strictest gun laws in the nation.  Cudos to your consistency.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »
I suppose you stroll about with your P-whatever strapped to your hip. But eventually, you will not be wearing it and perhaps the next thing you see will be someone else brandishing it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
No, I actually follow the law, so no one knows.  And when/if the time ever comes, my brandishing is far more likely to stop a crime, than you'd wish.  Sorry to disappoint