Author Topic: Was Zimmerman a Home-Grown Militant?  (Read 7218 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Was Zimmerman a Home-Grown Militant?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:49 AM »
Where did you get that Zimmerman was capturing Martin.

Martin jumped him.

Please try to keep up, you are not getting the whole story.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:49 AM »
Why was Zimmerman chasing Martin down if not to capture him or perhaps shoot him?

Zimmerman was in his car and saw Martin looking "suspicious". He then GOT OUT OF HIS CAR and pursued Martin.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 02:58:04 AM »
The Orlando Sentinel reports:

With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law-enforcement authorities told the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.

The newspaper elaborates on Zimmerman’s story:

Trayvon was visiting his father’s fiancée, who lived there. He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie.

. . . .

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police. Trayvon then said, “Well, you do now” or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose, according to the account he gave police.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.

As well as the available corroborating evidence:

Several witnesses heard those cries, and there has been a dispute about whether they came from Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Lawyers for Trayvon’s family say it was Trayvon, but police say their evidence indicates it was Zimmerman.

One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 08:00:31 AM »
If some asshole points a gun at you, what is more logical than trying to take it away from him?

uh?
say what?
if somebody points a gun at me the LAST thing I would do is try to take the gun away from them
i would pretty much do everything possible to back away from the situation the best I could
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:17 AM »
So you aren't as brave as Martin, perhaps.

Again, Zimmerman was responsible here. He had no reason to get out of his car and pursue Martin. And please, Zimmerman is NOT the victim here. You can easily tell that, because the other guy is dead.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »
I noticed that after it all Zimmerman was asked by the police, or EMTs, if he wanted to go to the hospital. Zimmerman said no.

So, let me see here. You're getting beat up so badly that you need to pull a gun and kill your attacker, but you don't need to go to the emergency room? You just go home, make a pbj, and watch a little TV?

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »
The fact remains:
(1) Zimmerman should not have been armed.

That's NOT a fact...that's an opinion.  And according to Florida Law, had a perfect right to be armed.  THAT IS A FACT

(2) He should not have gotten out of his car and pursued Martin.

That's not a fact either, that's a judgement call.  In hindsight, he shouldn't have
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »
So, let me see here. You're getting beat up so badly that you need to pull a gun and kill your attacker, but you don't need to go to the emergency room? You just go home, make a pbj, and watch a little TV?

We don't know if Zimmerman pulled the gun or whether Martin was trying to take the gun from him while he was on the ground and in the struggle it went off.

But that is neither here nor there. Zimmerman was authorized by the state to carry that gun.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »
So you aren't as brave as Martin, perhaps.

No just smarter......
the thug is dead because he tried to take the gun away....that you claim is so logical.

BSB

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »
No one has ever said Zimmerman wasn't legally authorized to carry a gun. The question is why did he kill a seventeen year old kid who every right to be where he was and didn't even hurt him enough to require medical attention? Being a pussy doesn't give you the right to shoot people.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
I don't see where he is a pussy for declining a trip to the ER.

BSB

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
That's how you took what I said? Are you getting sirs disease?

He's a pussy because he wasn't beat bad enough to even have to go to the ER, yet he killed the kid.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:53 PM »
Are you saying he unholstered his pistol and shot the boy in the chest or was there a struggle over the gun and then the boy got shot? I don't know the all facts and i doubt you do.

Did he need to have required 30 stitches before you would judge his life in danger? He didn't know the extent of the head injury until the EMT's looked him over.

The situation was fluid. He did what he had to do.

If laws were broken, hopefully justice will prevail. In the courts and not in the press.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »
he wasn't beat bad enough to even have to go to the ER

No....just beat enough to have a broken nose!

BSB

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
First of all, when did this  >>the gun went off by accident during a wrestling match for possession of it<< come up, and what is the source? If he was protected under the give no ground law, which is what we've been lead to believe, that implies he shot to kill.

Second, 30 stitches might not be necessary, but something beyond a few bumps and bruises.

What kind of society do you want to live in BT? Are we going to live in a society where if someone jostles you on the subway you can just start shooting? Zimmerman and his firearm were an accident waiting to happen. This incident is a perfect example of why I'm conflicted about concealed carry laws. On the one hand I'm for it, on the other I know most of the people who carry don't know what they're doing.

BSB

P.S. CU4, a broken nose? Are you kidding? Give me a break.