Author Topic: Libby destroyed evidence, Cheney 'deeply involved'  (Read 2379 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Libby destroyed evidence, Cheney 'deeply involved'
« on: January 23, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/23/cheney-libby-trial/

BREAKING: Libby Destroyed Evidence Prior To Testifying, Cheney ‘Deeply Involved’

Under oath, Vice President Cheney’s former chief of staff Scooter Libby told a grand jury that he first learned that Joe Wilson’s wife, Valerie Plame, was a CIA agent from conversations with the media. In fact, he first learned that information from Vice President Cheney himself.

Libby is now on trial for perjury. His defense is that he simply forgot who told him that Plame worked for the CIA. But in court today, prosecutors outlined a powerful case establishing that Libby had reason to remember who told him and motive to cover it up. MSNBC’s David Schuster said today’s revelations from prosecutors are “new and will astound a number of people, even those who have been following this case.” Among the new claims:

– “Vice President Cheney himself directed Scooter Libby to essentially go around protocol and deal with the press and handle press himself…to try to beat back the criticism of administration critic Joe Wilson.”

– Cheney personally “wrote out for Scooter Libby what Libby should say in a conversation with Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper.”

– “Scooter Libby destroyed a note from Vice President Cheney about their conversations and about how Vice President Cheney wanted the Wilson matter handled.”

{Transcript follows}
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Libby destroyed evidence, Cheney 'deeply involved'
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »
Interesting. But i don't think this is the whole truth. Libby and Cheney were both frequent visitors to the CIA department where Plame worked. And she was involved with the reports on WMD they were seeking. Whether they knew she was married to Wilson is unclear, but that they knew she worked at the CIA isn't unclear.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »
Is there any evidence or have there been any studies done on how many times a hair can technically be split?

I suppose it could be done infinitely but would it always and forever be a hair?  Wouldn't it split so many times that it's essential "hairness" would no longer exist?

Perhaps that is YOUR intent.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »
You notice how distant and nearly invisible both Lanya and Brass were when confronted with hard ball questions by ami & Prince, related to the anti-1st amendment "Fairness Doctrine", but here they're like vultures hovering, looking for any scrap of evidentiary meat, and despite none, will jusp to the absolute conclusions of how Cheney & Rove had to have committed felonious crimes of outing a covert CIA agent, when even after Fitzgerald's investigation, that's not what Libby's even on trial for

Just an interesting observation, I noted
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
Nobody's ever said he was on trial for having outed Plame.

Please indicate where I have or apologize.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 06:42:25 PM »
Nobody's ever said he was on trial for having outed Plame.  Please indicate where I have or apologize.

Show me were I claimed you said Libby was behind it all...then I will.  If you try reading 1st, I referenced Rove and Cheney as the nefarious bandits who supposedly outed Plame, that you and like minds keep throwing out.  I simply brought you back to reality that after Fitzgerald's investigation into who supposedly outed Plame, NO ONE WAS CHARGED, NOR WAS PLAME DESIGNATED COVERT or even UNDERCOVER. 

Also noted was yours and Lanya's complete absense to ami & Prince's questions regarding the unFairness Doctrime

Please try to keep up
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 06:54:33 PM »
Dangle on the hook, loser.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 07:33:39 PM »
Nobody's ever said he was on trial for having outed Plame.  Please indicate where I have or apologize.

Show me were I claimed you said Libby was behind it all...then I will....Also noted was yours and Lanya's complete absense to Ami & Prince's questions regarding the unFairness Doctrine

Dangle on the hook, loser.

Didn't think you could.  But I do appreciate you validating my point, for all to see.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »
Is there any evidence or have there been any studies done on how many times a hair can technically be split?

I fail to see how my comments were splitting hairs. If memory serves think progress or some other progressive group ran stories on the unprecedented number of visits Libby and Cheny paid to Langley in the lead up to the war. The department they visited was the department Plame worked at. I guess they were trying to make a case about cooking the intel. Also at the time the story started getting legs, i said that Libby would be at the heart of it. The above was why.

Justice, if anything, is the search for the truth. And something seems untruthful about this latest story.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »
BT,

Let's go back.

What's your theory?  It seems like you're working from a premise of some kind regarding Plame's involvement with Cheney and Libby.

If it makes sense to me, I'll tell you.

B

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
If a rogue faction of the CIA could bring down Kennedy and Nixon, why would it be far fetched that a rogue faction could attempt to bring down Bush.

Mucho

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 01:32:49 PM »
If a rogue faction of the CIA could bring down Kennedy and Nixon, why would it be far fetched that a rogue faction could attempt to bring down Bush.

The Bushidiot has either fired and/or outed anyone in the CIA that might have been intelligent and decent enough to bring him down.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »
The Bushidiot has either fired and/or outed anyone in the CIA that might have been intelligent and decent enough to bring him down.

So you agree there was a plot.

Mucho

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 02:57:31 PM »

So you agree there was a plot.

One can only hope.