Author Topic: Pre-June rant getting some practice  (Read 3449 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pre-June rant getting some practice
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
There isn't one.  That's your flaw

with more people working --> (increased income tax revenues gathered - State & Fed)

That's why jobs are so important.  It's why Obama's green economic policies being pushed OVER that of anything/everything else, along with the fog of the left wanting to increase taxes, is stagnating the private sector and job growth/expansion.  Similar policies by Democrat state governments, such as CA simply exacerbate their conditions
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »
Then why haven't states facing near bankruptcy done away with state income taxes, if as you state, lowered income taxes equal higher sales tax revenue. Seems to be a no brainer, yet it hasn't happened.

So why?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »
Ahh, and here I thought Xo would be the one to pull that strawman of if one supports tax cuts, obviously they want to abolish any and all taxes. 

Sad
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 12:21:38 AM »
I was referring to income taxes.
Lowering income taxes, as Ryan is proposing, will NOT increase revenues.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 12:37:12 AM »
And has been demonstrated, not to mention a factual historical reality, it does

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 12:45:57 AM »
Ahh, and here I thought Xo would be the one to pull that strawman of if one supports tax cuts, obviously they want to abolish any and all taxes. 

Sad

So lowering state income taxes would not lead to an increase in that states sales tax revenue?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:34 AM »
Apples and oranges, but in general, Lowering, Yes.  Abolishing, no

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 02:10:29 AM »
I disagree that it is apples and oranges since you introduced the at all levels of government escape clause.

And i see no reason why a gradual reduction in state income taxes couldn't be used to prove your theory about increased sales taxes.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 02:47:56 AM »
Yea, I introduced...you're the one trying to twist it into something it's not, personified by the ridiculous notion that I someone advocate an abolishment in taxes, since I dare to support tax cuts, as well as this trying to mix incomes taxes with sales taxes.  Again, I'd expect that kinda garbage with Xo.  Not you

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 03:01:52 AM »
Yea, I introduced...you're the one trying to twist it into something it's not, personified by the ridiculous notion that I someone advocate an abolishment in taxes, since I dare to support tax cuts, as well as this trying to mix incomes taxes with sales taxes.  Again, I'd expect that kinda garbage with Xo.  Not you

Where did i claim you advocated abolishing taxes? and  please you were the one who claimed linkage between income taxes and sales tax revenue.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 03:16:18 AM »
You're implication in reply #16 was pretty clear, since I never made any reference to abolishing taxes, yet there you are, pulling an Xo, and wondering why on earth shouldn't these states be doing away with their income taxes, per sirs theory.  the "link" was in the general concept I referenced in ny post.  Not some direct link that you keep trying to claim I made

I think we're done

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 03:21:21 AM »
No the link was when you referenced a reduction in federal income tax rates would result in an increase of sales tax revenue at the state and local level. Now you appear to be denying you wrote #4

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »
No, it wasn't

1 last time, tax rate cuts (WHICH COULD STATE AND/OR FEDERAL AND/OR CORPORATE TAXES) 
- more money in people's pockets to spend more --> (increased sales tax revenues gathered - Local & State level)
and
- businesses to invest more, creating more jobs --> (increased payroll tax revenues gathered - State & Fed)
and
- with more people working --> (increased income tax revenues gathered - State & Fed)

And the cycle can then repeat itself

No where, and at no time did I ever claim that specifically a reduction in ONLY Federal income tax results in an increase in State sales tax revenue, though looking at it, that could happen as well.  But the nonense of asking what sales taxes do the Feds collect is quite stark

Now I know we're done

BSB

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 05:36:20 AM »
I never fail to marvel at the windfall of good fortune that the Bush tax cuts have brought us. In particular the economic collapse of 2008, the unparalleled decline in the national debt, and the unemployment rate of 2009, 2010, and 2011. Plus a little known benefit. The increase in snow leopard sightings at Yankee stadium during the months of December and January.

Oy vay, such a deal.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:16 AM »
Yet in reality, when a person is able to take home more money, but ends up spending 4x more than the increase that they took in, *poof* you get the economy, unemployment, and windfall that Obama has blessed us with

More money spent (OUR MONEY) in this administration, then every other one combined.  Yea, what a blessed deal

Sirs