Author Topic: How extreme is the gun lobby?  (Read 3917 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How extreme is the gun lobby?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »
When you PREVENT a crime without shooting anyone, the gun is not fired.

Does your famous gun training involve how to convince the evildoers and malefactors that they should surrender peacefully because you will otherwise shoot them? Are there NRA Intimidation classes?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
When you PREVENT a crime without shooting anyone, the gun is not fired.

BINGO.......you're catching on.  Many crimes are prevented by the mere brandishing of a firearm.  The gun does not need to be fired to prvent a crime.  The goal is that you don't have to fire it

Does your famous gun training involve how to convince the evildoers and malefactors that they should surrender peacefully because you will otherwise shoot them?

YEP

Oh, I also see you gave up pretty fast on demonstrating where in the Constitution, that owning a car is a constitutional right.  1st smart move you've made in this thread

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »
>>A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.<<

There is nothing there about arming the neighbourhood watchman, or the personality challenged up in the mountains for a weekend with friends. As I said before, we long ago abdicated the defense of this nation to federal authority. That was the practical thing to do. 

I have nothing against gun ownership per se. I do have a bone to pick with the licensing of individuals for the purpose of carrying a concealed firearm. It's the holly grail of gun ownership and it needs to be dealt with in order to bring America's fascination with firearms under control. And, it will be, it's only a matter of time. The United States is not Somalia.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
Irrelevent.....it's legal (for a watcman to be armed, and for someone to be armed while camping)

period

And FACT remains that those regions in this country with more liberal CCW laws have LOWER VIOLENT CRIME than those regions with far more restrictive gun and carry laws. 

So, Mr Hyperbole, regardless of your personal feelings on the matter, both the facts, law, and Constitution trump your notion of who should, and shouldn't have a firearm
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/04/guns-everywhere.html

Funny how review of other websites such as KC3, Amred Citizen, American Rifleman, Gubs save Lives and we see on average 80 such successful defensive gun uses a month. We will stack that against the few occurrences of abuse any day as the anti's are fond of saying, if it saves one life it is justified.•

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/04/guns-everywhere.html#ixzz1tHKXLLYa

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »
http://start.toshiba.com/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9UD4D6O4%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=931&page=1

When you go to a political convention in Florida be aware that the locals can be armed and might carry conceiledfirearms at the protest march. Large water guns are not permitted also no masks,lumber.

Getting near the president or the canadate armed is still not a good idea as the Secret Service will wrestle you to the ground if they don't like the way you hold a toothpick.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »
Oh, I also see you gave up pretty fast on demonstrating where in the Constitution, that owning a car is a constitutional right.  1st smart move you've made in this thread

=====================================================
Of course is is a right to own a car, because owning anything not prohibited is a right. When the Constitution was written there were no cars, anyway.

You have a singularly obsessed mind. Keep that in mind when you take your guns out for their daily fondling.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »
You said that already.  I demonstrated how you were wrong........yet again.  Just because something is legal, doesn't defacto make it a consitutional right.    oy   :o

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »
You should attend your "well organized militia" practice more often, maybe they could explain it to you. At least it would keep you off the streets, where you might harm someone with all those guns you adore.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »
If I were attending my "well organized militia", they'd all tell you the same thing as well.  You're wrong....just being legal doesn't make something defacto Constitutional.  End of story

But see?....helping to reinforce my hardcore liberal theory...."I'M" the one that should be worried about.  The perfectly legal guy...the one who's taken hours and hours of firearms training, under the direct supervision of law enforcment officers.  I'M the one that needs to be kept off the streets, for some paranoid fear of what I might do, not the thugs, criminals, and illegals.  Just another supposed Zimmerman

Your efforts are appreciated    8)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 10:10:23 PM »
"well organized militia"

does or does not
equal
"neighborhood watch"
'
?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
Zimmerman was not a well organized militia". Perhaps some neighborhood watches might qualify, if the country was being invaded by foreigners, brown bears, grizzly bears or zombies.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
Zimmerman was not a well organized militia". Perhaps some neighborhood watches might qualify, if the country was being invaded by foreigners, brown bears, grizzly bears or zombies.

But not Burgulars?

Why?

Are Burgulars less dangerous than Zombies?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
No Plane.....to folks like Xo & BsB, it's we legal civilians who dare to exercise rights they deem not appropriate, as the real danger

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
Zimmerman was not preventing burglaries. Trayvon had no burglary tools with him.

More people are killed with guns in a week in the US than are killed with guns in England in a year.