Author Topic: Obama Literary Agent 1991 Booklet: "Obama born in Kenya"  (Read 6220 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama Literary Agent 1991 Booklet: "Obama born in Kenya"
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
Free products are actually not available.

The point is that people will not buy an infinity of identical products.

If people have no job and no money, they are not likely to buy anything.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »
We used to buy newspapers.

We used to throw them away or start fires or wrap china in them.

Now we buy laptops , which can display the news for a few years in a recyclable way.

But the paper was never free, it was just very cheap, now we have a system that is not quite as cheap but is so much more versitile that it is worth the diffrence.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »
Free products are actually not available.

Free products...SOCKS....was brought into the debate by you.  It's a hypothetical, or so I was to assume

The point is that people will not buy an infinity of identical products.

Not the point, since no one was referencing buying identical things.  Is every one of your socks "identical"?

If people have no job and no money, they are not likely to buy anything.

Unless its "free".....then whalaaa.....no more need for washing machines
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »
I have decided to buy only gray socks, so all my new socks are indeed identical.

The point is that there is a limit to the number of things people will buy.

Here in Miami, and perhaps in other places, the mattress companies have decided to convince people that they need to change their mattress every eight years.  They have this ad where they tell people that every year your mattress soaks up gallons of sweat and half a pound of skin flakes. They show this by pouring salt and water on a sponge.

This is a good way to convince people to buy a mattress PAD and wash the sucker often, perhaps, and maybe put a sheet of vinyl under it. But not convincing to buy a mattress every eight years. The skin flakes will mostly be washed out in the laundry. The sweat evaporates.

Again, if all products are made with robots, and people have no jobs and therefore no money, who will buy those products?

The ultra righties are squawking about how unemployed people are not paying taxes and leaving taxes up to them to pay. They have far more money than they ever had, and will not employ people. This makes no sense.

Every time I drive by the Port of Miami, there is another rusty ship or two piled high with used mattresses and bicycles, bound for Haiti.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »
I have decided to buy only gray socks, so all my new socks are indeed identical.

LOL....you you just debunked your own claim that no one just buys identical stuff.  Same brand, length, thickness, & size.  Impressive

The point is that there is a limit to the number of things people will buy.

NOT IF ITS FREE......THEN THEY'RE NOT BUYING IT.  THAT's the point, when YOU injected free items into the topic

The ultra righties are squawking about how unemployed people are not paying taxes and leaving taxes up to them to pay. They have far more money than they ever had, and will not employ people. This makes no sense.

It makes no sense because you have no idea of what "fair" means any more, as the ultra lefties have mutated it over the years.  Not to mention your complete relinquishment of the terms freedom & liberty, and your attempts at interchanging the terms promote & provide, when they actually have seperate definitions

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
Yeah, like you are an expert on anything.

I do not buy INFINITE QUANTITIES of gray socks. They are cheap. They sell them at Dollar General, and I get a "buy $25 for $20" coupons every week, I could buy 100 pairs or 1000 pairs, but 10 pairs is all I need and that it the limit.

Your logic is screwed up, really screwed up.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 11:20:40 PM »
Yeah, like you are an expert on anything.

Brilliant response.  Folks can clearly note who's losing this debate now

I do not buy INFINITE QUANTITIES of gray socks.

YOU'RE THE ONE REFERNECING THE STRAWMAN OF The point is that people will not buy an infinity of identical products, AS IF THAT'S THE POINT.  YOU KEEP DEBUNKING YOUR OWN ASANINE CLAIMS.  If something is free, people are going to naturally take as much as they can manage....and likely more.  There's no logic that items must be identical

Your logic is screwed up, really screwed up.

Strike III......you're outa here.  You were better off simply not answering........that's probably why you've been so silent on the more direct questions posed to you. 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
Continue to make a fool of yourself, sirs.

You lost the argument and went down in smoke and flames, your charred and smoldering remains are but mute testimony to your monumental lack of intelligent thought.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »
Continue to make a fool of yourself, sirs.

You lost the argument and went down in smoke and flames, your charred and smoldering remains are but mute testimony to your monumental lack of intelligent thought.

As everyone can note, again, "brilliant response", devoid of any attempt at addressing any issue, and instead saturated with grammar school snarking.  The sign of pure defeat, but too bit an ego to deal with it with any level of maturity.  Sad for a supposed "professor"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »
You are a poor judge of what is sad and what is not.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
If you want a Shcmoo you can have one , and another as many as you wish.

And a Schmoo will give you anything, absolutely anything including its own self for you to eat and its whiskers to pick your teeth.

http://www.deniskitchen.com/docs/new_shmoofacts.html
http://www.lil-abner.com/shmoo.html

The Shmoo first appeared in the strip in August 1948. According to Shmoo legend, the lovable creature laid eggs, gave milk and died of sheer esctasy when looked at with hunger. The Shmoo loved to be eaten and tasted like any food desired. Anything that delighted people delighted a Shmoo. Fry a Shmoo and it came out chicken. Broil it and it came out steak. Shmoo eyes made terrific suspender buttons. The hide of the Shmoo if cut thin made fine leather and if cut thick made the best lumber. Shmoo whiskers made splendid toothpicks. The Shmoo satisfied all the world's wants. You could never run out of Shmoon (plural of Shmoo) because they multiplied at such an incredible rate. The Shmoo believed that the only way to happiness was to bring happiness to others. Li'l Abner discovered Shmoos when he ventured into the forbidden Valley of the Shmoon, against the frantic protestations of Ol' Man Mose. "Shmoos," he warned, "is the greatest menace to hoomanity th' world has evah known." "Thass becuz they is so bad, huh?" asked Li'l Abner. "No, stupid," answered Mose, hurling one of life's profoundest paradoxes at Li'l Abner. "It's because they're so good!"

Ironically, the lovable and selfless Shmoos ultimately brought misery to humankind because people with a limitless supply of self-sacrificing Shmoos stopped working and society broke down. Seen at first as a boon to humankind, they were ultimately hunted down and exterminated to preserve the status quo. (Thought extinct after the 1948 adventure, one Shmoo always seemed to escape to Dogpatch's Valley of the Shmoon to form a new colony and a later plot revival by Capp). Licensed Shmoo merchandise became a huge phenomenon in the late '40s and early '50s, spawning a wide variety of dolls, toys, glasses, wallpaper, belts, books, jewelry, balloons, clocks, ashtrays, cannisters, salt & pepper shakers, dairy products, banks, belts and ear muffs. There was even an official Shmoo fishing lure! These are all highly collectible items today.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »
I had a pet Schmoo when I was a lad. It was ceramic, though, and I think it got broken.

I was very fond of Al Capp until he started gassing off about how the Vietnam War was so great.

I disagree that Schmoos would be all that bad in reality.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
You are a poor judge of what is sad and what is not.

Says Professor Obamacare-is-only-1000-pages-long

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
I had a pet Schmoo when I was a lad. It was ceramic, though, and I think it got broken.

I was very fond of Al Capp until he started gassing off about how the Vietnam War was so great.

I disagree that Schmoos would be all that bad in reality.

A lot of Al Capp's work is stubtle thought experiment.

Every now and then he was not stubtle at all, and made a clear point with vigor.

One of the tag lines from the Shmoo is that the Earth is a Shmoo.

I fount that very thought provoking.