Author Topic: ‘MSM’, a synonym now for appalling double standard  (Read 1332 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
‘MSM’, a synonym now for appalling double standard
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Charles Krauthammer, during the panel segment on the May 17 Special Report with Bret Baier on FNC:

I think there is an appalling double standard here. It’s okay for the Washington Post to run a five thousand word front page story on a prank that Romney, at the age of 15, committed. And yet it’s somehow illegitimate, the low road or whatever, for people to bring up the fact that the adult Obama had a 20-year relationship with a racist anti-American preacher whom he considered, spoke about, wrote about as his mentor and spiritual advisor. That is a double standard unlike any I’ve ever seen.

Now John McCain accepted it in his campaign. I think it was mistake and I think it’s legitimate in a case of a man as unknown as Obama to ask, of whom there was no history, there was no legislative achievements or signature intellectual achievements. He wrote two books that were both about himself incidentally – which might have been a clue. But other than that, we didn't know him and illegitimate to ask about his associates? How else would you know him, him and William Ayers? But McCain accepted it. I thought it was a tactical error, but I understand the noble intent that was behind it.

But today, I would say, tactically it’s a mistake because we know who Obama is. He isn’t the unknown of ‘08. He’s got a record and you don’t have to bring it up. But in principle, if you want to do it, it would be completely legitimate and I think the double standard ought to be denounced rather than accepted as everybody, including Romney, does

Article
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: ‘MSM’, a synonym now for appalling double standard
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »
Now John McCain accepted it in his campaign.

I know Romney may be saying there are other more important things to talk about,
but I do think Romney is a guy that will go after Obama really hard on a lot of issues.
Romney is going to make McCain look like a pansy. Romney may look like the rich frat boy,
but the guy can get down and dirty with the Chicago Mobsters he will be facing in this election.
Romney is like the Ivy League college guy that if you piss him off will take off his polo shirt
take you back in the alley and kick your frickin ass. Obama is going to be facing a Republican
that punches back very hard. Watch and see......
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
If it is valid to blame Obama for silly statements from Rev. Wright that he may have never heard or never have taken seriously, then it is equally valid to blame Mitt Romney for silly stuff from the Book of Mormon and from the sermons of Mormon Prophet and Founder Joseph Smith.
President Obama has publicly disassociated himself with Wright.  I bet the Mittster would have a hard time disassociating himself with the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.

As for Krauthammer, I think of him as a Kurt Vonnegut character from Mother Night, August Krapptauer, a name that suits him to a tee.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 12:17:23 PM »
Says Professor Obamacare-is-only-1000pages
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »
As for Krauthammer, I think of him as a Kurt Vonnegut character from Mother Night, August Krapptauer, a name that suits him to a tee.

more attack the messenger
demonize the messenger to help divert from the facts
it's funny to watch the squirm when sources like ABC cant be so easily demonized
it's like "whooops I cant use the faux demonization of Breitbart or Debka it's frickin ABC News"

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

more attack the messenger
demonize the messenger to help divert from the facts
it's funny to watch the squirm when sources like ABC cant be so easily demonized
it's like "whooops I cant use the faux demonization of Breitbart or Debka it's frickin ABC News"

lol...so true, so true. 

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 01:02:28 PM »
blame Mitt Romney for silly stuff from the Book of Mormon