Author Topic: County officials convicted Ohio recount  (Read 3889 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
County officials convicted Ohio recount
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_steven_l_070125_ohio_elections_offic.htm

Ohio Elections Officials Convicted of Tampering with 2004 Presidential Recount
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: County officials convicted Ohio recount
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:59:20 PM »
Really effective vote tampering there.

Bush LOST that county by a margin of more than 2 to 1.

Oh yeah, if you read the actual article, you'll find that they were convicted of tampering with a total of 21 ballots, out of over 670,000.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:07:29 PM »
Ohio Elections Officials Convicted of Tampering with 2004 Presidential Recount

Yea, that sure was the difference in the elections results, right Lanya?  Bush stole another election, right?

::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 03:33:18 PM »
Lanya never once said anything about this proving that Bush stole an election.

I think you both owe her some retractions.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
Lanya never once said anything about this proving that Bush stole an election.

I "read between the lines."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
Lanya never once said anything about this proving that Bush stole an election.  I think you both owe her some retractions.

You don't do "nuance" Brass? 

Seriously though, what then was the point of the piece then, in particular her highlighted reference to "Ohio Elections Officials Convicted of Tampering with 2004 Presidential Recount"?  If it had no bearing on the outcome of the recount, why highlight it as if it did?  This is much like your frequent consipiratorial runs, meaning it's generally assumed that's where you're going with some unsubstantiated "bizarre coincidence" commentary.  Lanya has been quite prolific in supporting claims of stolen elections by Bush & the GOP.  She has been quite consistent in documenting op-ed after op-ed, at the time, claiming precisely that, of a Florida stolen election in '00, and an Ohio stolen elction in '04.   This is just more of the same.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »
Lanya is fair game for attacks Brass.

Of course in a reverse scenario you won't be allowed to make such attacks.

I've observed that this is one of the "unwritten rules" of debate. Lanya seems to be a frequent target, though often her detractors are guilty of the very same things they claim to dislike.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 04:12:12 PM »
Of course in a reverse scenario you won't be allowed to make such attacks.

Please document an occurance of "not allowing Brass to make attacks."

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »
Heh. That rather makes my point in fact.

Of course he is "allowed," (and I could have chosen my words more carefully) but Lanya seems to take a great deal of flack on here for things that quite a few others do.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 04:49:38 PM »
Lanya never once said anything about this proving that Bush stole an election.  I think you both owe her some retractions.

You don't do "nuance" Brass? 

Seriously though, what then was the point of the piece then, in particular her highlighted reference to "Ohio Elections Officials Convicted of Tampering with 2004 Presidential Recount"?  If it had no bearing on the outcome of the recount, why highlight it as if it did?  This is much like your frequent consipiratorial runs, meaning it's generally assumed that's where you're going with some unsubstantiated "bizarre coincidence" commentary.  Lanya has been quite prolific in supporting claims of stolen elections by Bush & the GOP.  She has been quite consistent in documenting op-ed after op-ed, at the time, claiming precisely that, of a Florida stolen election in '00, and an Ohio stolen elction in '04.   This is just more of the same.

Lanya lives in Ohio.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 04:53:09 PM »
Of course he is "allowed," (and I could have chosen my words more carefully) but Lanya seems to take a great deal of flack on here for things that quite a few others do.

She takes flack for things that she does.

It probably seems worse than it really is, because of her frequent habit of failing to respond to any criticisms of her statements.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 05:09:35 PM »
I've observed that this is one of the "unwritten rules" of debate. Lanya seems to be a frequent target, though often her detractors are guilty of the very same things they claim to dislike.

Lanya is only a 'target" in that she so frequently fails to respond to direct questions and requests of her position.  And instead when she does post, will either provide yet another op-ed of someone else's opinion, that she apparently agrees with, or goes into Xo Bush-bashing mode.  I can't count how many times folks have tried to get a debate going with her, with the "fairness doctrine, simply the latest in a long line of indefensible positions she's taken up

And I'm not sure where you're going with the 2nd half of that statement, but whatever

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 05:11:17 PM »
Lanya lives in Ohio.

and.........?  That makes her accusations and innuendo regarding the Ohio recount more valid?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 05:14:35 PM »
Lanya lives in Ohio.

and.........?  That makes her accusations and innuendo regarding the Ohio recount more valid?

My point was not Lanya's style of posting.  It was that she only posted an article about some guys tampering with a vote and you guys flew off the handle making accusations of any old anything.

A proper responce would have been a simple post like "And?".

But you and Ami saw some "Kick Lanya" fun and went for it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »
My point was not Lanya's style of posting.  It was that she only posted an article about some guys tampering with a vote and you guys flew off the handle making accusations of any old anything.

Based on the history of her making similar accusations, via a plethora of like-minded op-eds and implied reporting of stolen elections.  This is much like the Libby/Rove/Cheny/Plame debacle, where not just Lanya, but a plethora of folks were jumping up & down with the notion of Rove & even Cheney being led down the WH steps in handcuffs, for "outing a covert CIA agent".  Story after op-ed after commentary, proclaimed that expectation, once Fitzgerald's investigation was completed.  Now we have Libby on trial for something having nothing to do with outing a CIA agent, and yet the title threads keep implying something much sinsister, much more nefarious, much deeper than just Libby.  Yet you're trying to convince me to ignore the title of the threads, ignore the historical postings, and apologise for daring to make such a logical conclusion of Lanya or yourself implying something much grander than simply Libby on trial for perjury, or that some Ohio folks are convicted for tampering with the state recount

A proper responce would have been a simple post like "And?".  But you and Ami saw some "Kick Lanya" fun and went for it.

I can't speak for Ami, but being he's much sharper than I, likely grasped the same trending theme from our patron Lanya. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 07:24:52 PM by sirs »