Author Topic: Can Jim Lehrer keep his bias contained?  (Read 1902 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Can Jim Lehrer keep his bias contained?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »
Romney chattered on and on, throwing in meaningless figures from time to time. yammering about how somehow Obama was misinterpreting his nonexistent plans.

Apparently made so little sense, he was the hands down winner, as proclaimed by even by the likes of those at MSNBHeeHaa.  Boy your coolaide must be REALLY tasty

He was nervous as hell and annoying to boot.

You noticed that in Obama as well.  Wow, impressive.  He sure looked like he wanted to be any place else, but there fighting to remain President.  Maybe he was imagining his last round of golf on Hawaii
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
Romney chattered on and on, throwing in meaningless figures from time to time. yammering about how somehow Obama was misinterpreting his nonexistent plans. He was nervous as hell and annoying to boot.

Leherer made more sense than either Romney or Obama.

All figures are meaningless unless you understand them.

I am struck at how minutely the event is being examined, someone with a stopwatch actually discovered that President Obama spent more time speaking than Govenor Romney did.
The talking heads are wondering why BHO did not bring up Romneys latest gaffe, or in any other way demonstrated that he had done his homework.

Did you hear of Al Gores explanation?
The barometric pressure favored Romney .

I am heartily in agreement with the barometric pressure.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
test
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 12:39:56 AM »
Romney refused to say what deductions and loopholes he was going to remove. He did not mention a single one.

All he did was prattle on and on about how President Obama did not understand his "plans". He sounded just like some little kid trying to explain how he managed to set the house on fire, wrecked the car and killed the cat in a couple of hours: that was the tone he spoke with: agitated, illogical and entirely unconvincing.

The Ryan/Romney plan will NOT solve the deficit problem, will make people less healthy, is quite unlikely to create any jobs.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 01:05:59 AM »
Romney refused to say what deductions and loopholes he was going to remove. He did not mention a single one.

All he did was prattle on and on about how President Obama did not understand his "plans". He sounded just like some little kid trying to explain how he managed to set the house on fire, wrecked the car and killed the cat in a couple of hours: that was the tone he spoke with: agitated, illogical and entirely unconvincing.

The Ryan/Romney plan will NOT solve the deficit problem, will make people less healthy, is quite unlikely to create any jobs.

We don't know which loopholes Obama plans to keep either.

That was the very thing I liked so much about (9-9-9) , the answer to that question was comprehensible.

Romney started out a few months ago being far too specific, his fifty seven point plan was impossible to make a bumper sticker of. Recently Romney condensed his plan to five more general points, shortly afterwards President Obama issued his five point plan. I note that the first four points in each of these are the same.

Have you ever heard the one about the Kids who got diffrent grades for the same answers on a test?
The teacher had to explain it to them.
"Well Billy" says the teacher" I think you coppyed Sams answers ."
"Nya uh" says Billy"How come you think that?"
"Well Billy"said the teacher," Here on question eight where Sam wrote "I don't know " Your answer was "I don't know either". 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »
He sounded just like some little kid trying to explain how he managed to set the house on fire, wrecked the car and killed the cat in a couple of hours: that was the tone he spoke with: agitated, illogical and entirely unconvincing.

Yep, that sums up Obama's performance, quite nicely, as he sets the country on economic fire, in a manner of just a few years.  Then again, its kinda hard to defend a record that's pretty much indefensible

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »
What is this sirs, the "I know what you are but what am I" defense, straight from PeeWee Herman's playbook?

You are a pathetic imbecile.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
PBS has done more for education in this country than any other single government program, from Sesame Street and Dinosaur Train to the Ken Burns documentaries.

All for less than the cost of one Blue Angels plane and its maintenance. It was monumentally stupid for the Mittwitt to take on Big Bird.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
test

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
What is this sirs, the "I know what you are but what am I" defense, straight from PeeWee Herman's playbook?

You are a pathetic imbecile

Xo and his status quo "debate".  Ignore the issue, refuse to support any asanine claim/accusation made, throw mud, & pray something sticks.....which never does

Hope it made you feel better though

And here's a news flash...Romney wasn't up on stage trying to fire 1% Big Bird.  He merely said its time the Bird stop living off the taxpayer's dime.  That's not the Government's function

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
it would not surprise me if Obama was on something

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04:05 PM »
Looks like the problem has been resolved. CU, my yahoo email has a 2 after my name. sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
 He merely said its time the Bird stop living off the taxpayer's dime.  That's not the Government's function

=======================================
Teaching millions of children how to read is infinitely more important to this country than a whizbang aerobatics team. And we have TWO of them: the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels.

Romney is full of CRAP on this, and so, of course, are you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
He merely said its time the Bird stop living off the taxpayer's dime.  That's not the Government's function
=======================================
Teaching millions of children how to read is infinitely more important to this country

sure....at the STATE level

...than a whizbang aerobatics team. And we have TWO of them: the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels.

Which helps improve military efficiency, performance, PR, and recruiting, and consitutionally DOES fit the pervue of the FEDERAL Government

Romney is full of CRAP on this, and so, of course, are you.

Oooo, that was intelligent.  So, based on the fact of how wrong you are, nearly every time your throw out such ludicrous opinions, I guess its safe to assume pretty much the opposite. 

Or, we can apply Xo's "debating ability"......Obama is full of AMBE on this, and so, of course, are you

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked: