Author Topic: Could Hillary have been trying to torpedo Obama's re-election?  (Read 3558 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Could Hillary have been trying to torpedo Obama's re-election?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
So Big Bird needs to go shave off an eyebrow??  Or was it Elmo??  Perhaps you can enlighten the class on this symmetry kick you're on

Pointing out blatent hypocrisy hardly has to do with anything symmetrical or not
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 06:10:09 PM »
By 2016 this entire thing will have been as forgotten as the attack on the Cole is today.

Hillary did the right thing. Of course, 99.9% of all the consulates in the world of all the nations in the world could be destroyed by a rocket attack.

This is nothing that matters much to the presidential race, nor should it.

I remember the Cole.

Seems as if you do too.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »

Hahahahahahaha!

It isn't gonna work.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »
Hillary is Sec. of State. it was her job. The President does not have the job of micromanaging the entire country at home and abroad. By 2016, all this will be forgotten, anyway. I don't think that there was much that could be done, other than have called the Ambassador back to Tripoli. But of course, they did not have a crystal ball. It was simply an unfortunate snafu. I do not blame Hillary or the President, and I doubt that any serious thinking Americans will, either. Isa is a moron, I expect him to act like one.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »
Hillary is Sec. of State. it was her job.

So, she needs to be fired.  So where's the leadership of the President on this one?  If indeed the buck stops with Hillary, she has to go.  You'd be the 1st in line screaming for a Sec of State Rice's firing

I don't think that there was much that could be done, other than have called the Ambassador back to Tripoli.

Actually, MUCH could have been done, WHEN IT WAS REQUESTED.  The State Dept had billions budgeted for precisely these situations.  No crystal ball needed, just more security, as requested

I do not blame Hillary or the President, and I doubt that any serious thinking Americans will, either.

LOL....hypocritically priceless

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 08:15:14 PM »
You'd be the 1st in line screaming for a Sec of State Rice's firing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She made LOTS of blunders, and I did not call for her resignation once.

I just didn't think she deserved to be promoted or nominated for president or VP.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
Actually, she made very few, as it relates to "blunders", and if tthe State Dept had directly refused repeated security requests, that then directly led to the 1st ambassador to have been murdered in over 30years, you indeed would be screaming for her firing, much less resignation

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 08:53:36 PM »
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has stepped forward to say she accepts responsibility for the fact that our consulate in Benghazi was refused enhanced security. This is another example of her willingness to take one for the team. But what does it mean? Will she "accept responsibility" by resigning her office?

This is what is meant by accepting responsibility in most parliamentary democracies. As Secretary of State, she surely knows that any of her NATO colleagues who accepted responsibility for such a debacle would immediately surrender his office.

Vice President Biden executed a play on words that has become tradition in his party when he said "we" didn't know that Amb. Stevens had urgently requested enhanced security in the worsening situation in Libya. We in this case meant he and President Obama. It does remind us of the most memorable line from the Clinton administration: It depends on what the definition of "is" is. In this case, "we" is not the Obama administration.

How could they (President and Vice President) not know? Is it their duty to know? It's interesting to contrast the military ethos with that of this administration. If a submarine captain collides with another ship while surfacing, it is presumed to be that skipper's fault. He knew--or should have known--to take measures to prevent the collision. The recent incident involving a U.S. nuclear submarine and another Navy vessel will doubtless result in both commanding officers being relieved.

For Hillary to say she accepts responsibility for the deaths of four Americans in Libya--including the first U.S. Ambassador, Chris Stevens, to be murdered in 30 years--and then do nothing would be an empty gesture. She is slated to resign in January at any rate. She has told the world, probably unwisely, that she is a lame duck.

But this disaster in Libya is yet another serious misstep during her tenure as Secretary of State. Recall her notorious "Re-set" button. She began her tenure by giving a gag gift to the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov. It was supposed to lighten the mood at their first meeting. A big red plastic button said "Re-set." But the Russian word was spelled wrong. And it wasn't even written in Cyrillic, the Russian alphabet. An unsmiling Lavrov was not amused by this adolescent prank.

It is our relations with Russia today that need to be "re-set." Russia has proved a most unhelpful partner in Syria, Iran, the Mideast generally. Hillary should probably consider resigning over the obvious failure of U.S.-Russian relations.

Or how about our nearest neighbor ally, Canada? Hillary went to Ottawa and publicly rebuked Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative government for not pushing abortion in Africa. Harper apparently feels enough Africans are dying of preventable diseases and Canada's aid dollars are better spent saving lives than killing them.

Hillary has chilled our relations with Britain. She reopened the Falklands Islands matter. In 1982, the British went to war with the military junta in Argentina to reclaim the Falklands--whose island people have been staunchly loyal to Britain since the early nineteenth century. Rather than let sleeping dogs lie--or in the case of the Falklands--sleeping sheep dogs--Madame Secretary raised an undiplomatic row by calling the Falklands the "Malvinas"--the named the Argentine dictators gave them when they tried so infamously to seize them in 1982.

Let's not forget how she lashed out at Israel for building apartment houses in Jerusalem for the increasing numbers of Jewish refugees who flee to the Jewish State. When the threatened Jews move to Israel, where are they supposed to live? Richard Nixon was excoriated in the press for "counting Jews" at the Bureau of Labor Statistics. But Hillary Clinton counts Jews in Jerusalem and in the media, it passes over.

Wherever we look, we see an administration foreign policy in tatters. And yet the media worries that the murders in Benghazi will stain Hillary Clinton's tenure. They are only the inevitable result of a policy of cringing. Cringing is dangerous in any situation. In world affairs, it can prove fatal.

She should certainly resign.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
What is Bill Clinton's motivation for tirelessly campaigning for Obama? Everybody knows they don't like each other very much. Obama said Clinton was racist in 2008. Clinton told Ted Kennedy that this guy (Obama) would have been carrying thier bags a couple years ago. Obama threw Hillary under the bus on Benghazi. So what is in it for Clinton? I've actually lost a lot of respect for him for selling out.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 01:01:55 PM »
No one threw anyone under any bus.\

Clinton recognizes that the GOP is poison for this country. Neither Clinton was ever on your side.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:31 AM »
No, unfortunately, your two sentence answer was insufficient. There is more to it than that. Clinton barley lifted a finger to help John Kerry against Bush, and the left sees Bush as far more evil than Governor Romney. What does Clinton have to gain? Clinton and Obama do not get along and do not like each other.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 12:52:53 AM »
stupid sirs thinks he knows my every action in any hypothetical situation. He doesn't.

It seems to me that Kerry would have had Clinton's help had he requested it. Clinton's greatness had not yet become obvious in 2004, and that is probably why he did not request it.

The 2008 primaries began with constant ratbag rightwing slurs on Hillary. Practically a day did not pass between 2000 and 2008 when fatass Limbaugh did not insult Hillary.

I do not believe that Clinton considers Obama any sort of enemy.

It seems to me that Clinton thinks Romney would be a disaster, which is probably true.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 01:18:05 AM »
stupid sirs thinks he knows my every action in any hypothetical situation. He doesn't.

What the frell?  Try asking for clarification before making yourself look ridiculously ignorant.  Every action??  I realize you like to use me to try and wiggle out of every hole you dig yourself into....it just starts looking pretty pathetic though....or should I say "stupid xo"?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 03:29:21 AM »
Kerry did request Clinton's help and stated publicly that he didn't help him that much.

Romney and Clinton get along quite well, actually. Romney spoke recently at the Clinton Initiative and gave a rousing speech. Clinton praised him before the speech saying that Romney pushed for Clinton's Americorp while he was Governor.

Have you noticed that Clinton has been saying some things lately that haven't really been terribly helpful for Obama, like saying that he didn't fix the economy and that he seemed like he was going to cry at the debate? He also called Romney "Moderate Mitt" which had Chicago feeling uneasy.  He also said all the Bush tax cuts should be extended which undercut Obama. This is Slick Willy afterall. Maybe he is trying to get payback for 08 when Obama called him a racist.  He is still simmering about that. There have been many articles written explaining that Obama and Clinton do not like each other.