Author Topic: Will Romney make the Ultimate Triple Crown?  (Read 3286 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Will Romney make the Ultimate Triple Crown?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
The Queen is the official head of the Church of England, but she lets the Archbishop of Canterbury do all the presiding. She gets to dress up for special occasions. Her Royal Britannic Majesty is mostly decorative.

The Dalai Lama is the official head of the Tibetan government in exile, though he does delegate a lot of his duties.

Neither the Queen nor the Dalai Lama actually claims to link the people with God, like the Mormon Prophet.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »
That is the old fashioned part, the pope takes his title from the latin words for "bridge builder" he is supposed to be that conduit.

This is one of the disagreements with prodestants , even more so Pentacostals.

Become Pentacostal , God can talk to you too.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 01:35:19 PM »
I do not question that some people think they hear God talk to them. This may or may not be a mental condition like that of the "Son of Sam" who took orders from a dog.

I am sure that they are convinced of this. I have heard far too many goofy things from such people to take them seriously.

Prophet, however, is a different role. A Prophet is a person divinely instructed to listen to God and pass along His words. The Pope does not claim to be a prophet. Pontiff, as you say, means "bridge", but the way that works is that the Pope is considered infallible only on matters of doctrine and dogma. What this means is that if the Pope gets it wrong, God will understand the sincerity of those who took the Pope's advise and not punish them for following the directive. If this sounds like a lot of mumbo-jumbo, you are right, it is. The Church has rather a lot of mumbo-jumbo like this. My favorite is their claim that the Song of Songs is not werotic poetry at all, it is a dialogue between Jesus and the Church.  The Church has symmetric breasts and wonderful creamy thighs. oooooo yeah!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 01:44:23 AM »

The Song of Solomon is pretty straightforward about the joy of sex, it needs to be there because some people take chastity further than it needs to go.

If the Mormon Church finds the Post President Romney to be a suitable leader , I will be only peripherally interested, not my business you see.

Isn't it kind of a goofy thing to worry about? Were you worried that President Obama would follow the teachings of his church , that seem to include that the destruction of the USA would be a good thing?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 01:16:02 PM »
I am not worried about Romney becoming the Prophet. I simply found the prospect amusing.

President Obama is not going to destroy the country. That is paranoid. Romney I see as likely to monger a war, since that is what Republicans seem to like to do, and he will cause the country to become more unequal. Her knows little about foreign affairs and has a whole assortment of warmongering NeoCons lined up to advise him. Romney obviously favors some Americans over others, those that already hold most of the cards and seek to grab an even bigger share of the wealth of this country for themselves.
Republicans have no answers and their philosophy prevents them from finding any that are likely to work. We would be better off without them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
That is amusing I guess.

No less than the Democratic tendancy to double think.

Why don't you think that Democrats are prone to monger wars?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------
Because they have not mongered any since Vietnam. duh.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------
Because they have not mongered any since Vietnam. duh.

You mean since Wendsday.

Obama is a war president , Clinton was a war president , even Carter prepared an attack on Iran, (we don't call it a war, but that is just because it turned into an abortion too soon to be a war).

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
even Carter prepared an attack on Iran,

-----------------------------------------------------
That is, of course, a lie.
Carter only approved of a well=justified invasion to rescue hostages. That was no war.

President Obama inherited two wars from Juniorbush, a warmongering fool.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 06:26:13 AM »
even Carter prepared an attack on Iran,

-----------------------------------------------------
That is, of course, a lie.
Carter only approved of a well=justified invasion to rescue hostages. That was no war.

President Obama inherited two wars from Juniorbush, a warmongering fool.

Excellent, and Reagan only approved of a well=justified invasion to rescue hostages in Granada. That was no war.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 02:03:52 PM »
They sure gave a lot of medals for something that was not a war.

Hostages, bah! The purpose of Reagan's invasion of Grenada was to overthrow the government of Grenada. The "hostages" were simply a bogus pretext.

There were actually hostages in Iran, and they were there because Carter unwisely listened to Kissinger, who deliberately set him up. Then Reagan conspired with the Ayatollah to delay the release until Carter was out of office. Kissinger and Reagan are traitors to this country in my book.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »
Oh yes , there were really real Americans under real threat , how they do not qualify as hostages to you I don't get.

Carter tried hard to stage a rescue , and as soon as I learned of it I was broken hearted because I was there and I wanted something like that to happen, but to be effective.

It is a good thing that Reagans invason of Grenada didn't face anything more challenging than Cuban soldiers.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
The "hostages" were unaware that they were hostages, and it wads not necessary to invade Grenada and overthrow the government to "rescue" them.  It was done because Reagan was made to look like a fool in Lebanon, and wanted to reclaim his title as Tough Guy. Reagan managed to fool most of the people most of the time. His acting skills were impressive. But there was always a glimpse of the Men behind the curtain, pulling his strings and handing him scripts to those smart enough to see them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »
Are you really smart enough to see things that are not there?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »
He does it with Racism, especially Tea Party Racism.  Why not "the men behind the curtain"?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle