Author Topic: Bloomberg says six studies suck and Romney is full of stuff.  (Read 1458 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bloomberg says six studies suck and Romney is full of stuff.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
LOL....priceless
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
As I recall, for Tinkerbell to fly, the entire audience has to believe in Tinkerbell. It is not like you can believe three times as hard and have the impact of three people.

Shouldn't tax law and tax collection require arithmatic more than faith?

When President Bush pushed through his tax cuts , there was no diminunition of tax collection.

I beleive this can be proven.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 11:06:07 PM »
The Blue angels do not increase nor decrease the Navys inventory of aircraft , pilots or maintenience personell.

=------------------------------------------------
Yeah, right. They cannot be used for defense of this country. They are set up for stunts.

It is not the only thing that should be axed, but it is close to the silliest. Probably the huge number of military marching bands are sillier.

Again, NO ONE is going to cut the budget by 10%.

You are thinking of the Snowbirds, the Canadian team .
Snowbirds Aerobatics Team landing at CYYZ
They are flying aircraft no longer suited to combat, but they do a good show.
Our "stunt " aircraft can be converted to combat aircraft in a few hours, the wepons they are not carrying are bolt on.

I guess they could be flown into combat in gaudy paint , if time was short.

The sequestration is accomplished already, NO ONE , will want credit for it but an across the board cut , done automaticly is the only way to ensure everyones Ox is equally gored.

To prevent sequestration co-operative action is required, looks to me as if this will only happen, if at all , right at the brink.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »
None of these planes will ever be used in combat, other than perhaps to justify the enormous expense of keeping them flying. Since no campaign has ever made an issue of the inherent waste of maintaining and flying these guzzlers for the occasional amusement of perhaps a twentieth of the population at best, even this is doubtful.

As for the Canadians, I do not pay for their air force.Let the Canadians decide what they want.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 06:34:23 AM »
None of these planes will ever be used in combat,....

Do not pretend expert status , these are combat aircraft as are any other combat aircraft the USN or USAF have.
Loading them with live ammunition would take hours , the whole team could be in combat the same day the order came.

And Lo, how unfortuante are the enemy who find themselves in the sights of these pilots .

An ordinary fighter pilot is already a requirement for exellence.

By the way , if we impose a no fly zone in Syria next week this would save hundreds of lives and might be very popular for the President, but it can't be done with present drone tech.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »
And Lo, how unfortuante are the enemy who find themselves in the sights of these pilots .
----------------------------------------------------

They rarely meet with pilots in a a flying circus. No Thunderbird or Blue Angels aircraft has ever been, or ever will be, in combat, except perhaps in the movies. Enemy pilots are probably not all that worried about spectacular whoopsies and loop de loopsies. You seem to have bought the propaganda entirely. Have fun with it. I am unconvinced. To me, it is a grotesque and unnecessary waste of my tax money.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 11:50:59 PM »
----------------------------------------------------

They rarely meet with pilots in a a flying circus. No Thunderbird or Blue Angels aircraft has ever been, or ever will be, in combat, except perhaps in the movies. Enemy pilots are probably not all that worried about spectacular whoopsies and loop de loopsies. You seem to have bought the propaganda entirely. Have fun with it. I am unconvinced. To me, it is a grotesque and unnecessary waste of my tax money.

I consider your arguement refuted.
On these points.
The expense is tiny, if the normal upkeep of combat aircraft and crews is subtracted.
It is skill building , yes better pilots do survive combat better than lesser skilled pilots.
Public relation spending is not wasted , the public gets direct exposure to military excellence .
It is very popular with the public.

PBS probly costs many times the tax money it takes the Navy to put on a show , but the Navy gets nothing from PBS.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 12:30:17 AM »
Touche'......well summized, Plane     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle