Author Topic: Is it any wonder there's "no votor fraud"?  (Read 1639 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is it any wonder there's "no votor fraud"?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 06:23:19 AM »
Another problem with absentee and early voting is that they often are kept in a separate stack out of sight of the numerous poll workers who add a real sense of democracy to an election.

Absentee and early votes fall under the adage of he who counts the votes controls the election.

This can't be fixed ?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
Yes by doing away with them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 01:43:52 PM »
I really don't think that absentee ballots can be abolished. I agree that a lot of people who vote absentee that I know are entirely capable of early voting and voting on election day, and really have no pressing reason other than convenience, to vote absentee. All are citizens and I see no reason why they should not be allowed to vote absentee.

Most of the voter fraud we have here is caused by people who deliver absentee ballots to old folk's home and other institutions, then deliver them to the polls. In cases where the voters themselves request, fill out and mail in their ballots, fraud is minimal to nonexistent.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »
Yes by doing away with them.

There really needs to be a way to gather votes from Soldiers on station, businessmen on assignment and whoever elese is nailed down away from the polls, I would expect an abolisment of absentee voting to be very unpopular.

I would like it fine if there were a more stringent and  standardised system , one that included verifacation and confirmation of recipt, we can do this with dollars , why are votes harder?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 01:00:14 AM »
There really needs to be a way to gather votes from Soldiers on station, businessmen on assignment and whoever elese is nailed down away from the polls, I would expect an abolisment of absentee voting to be very unpopular.

I gave you a solution for military and civil service folks.
For the others perhaps a national holiday so they are home to vote.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 01:07:48 AM »
Even if your solutions worked very well, packing the whole event into a single day would be daunting to many when the lines got long, the present trend is in the other direction.

I don't think the difficultys that result from making the election a month long are harder to surmount than the difficultys that result from making it a single day.

Note this though , it makes the positive ID of voters all the more important , otherwise it opens much wider the oppurtunity  to cheat.