Author Topic: BT and Plane  (Read 4179 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
BT and Plane
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »
"...Instead, he took it to the worst of the political game, where the other guy is never anything but a terrible person and even his good ideas are to be held in contempt..."

I found that quote in a sports story, of all places ( http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--spurrier-comments-swinney-stain-lattimore-tribute.html ), but it reminded me so much of what I see in politics nowadays, and in here. Well, here it's mostly one sided, but on the occasions I've dropped by and scanned through some of the posts without posting - and I do that fairly often - all I seem to see are posts with the same old tired meme, my guy is good, yours is bad, backed up by twisted facts and half truths if not outright lies. Trying to be fair and objective, as I did posting 'the rest of the story' about the emails saying a terrorist group had claimed responsibility about the Libya attack (then later disavowed resonsibility for it) just attracts a shitstorm of the DG good ol' boys network with their fangs bared.

Other than occasionally coming in and making sport of the clan here, I've pretty much lost my taste for it all. I apologize if I have overstepped any bounds as far as insults, but I find more and more as I age I seem to have a genetic defect - I lack the gene for tolerance of stupidity. I tire of having to defend myself from charges of making statements I didn't make, supporting candidates I don't support, and taking positions I didn't take. In general, I am tired of people reading things into what I say that I did not say. Maybe someday they will grow up and learn to read things for what they say, period, and not try to make thngs out to be what they are not. Maybe someday they will learn some real objectivity, be able to take a look at the entire picture and get the whole story before rushing to judgement, rather than taking some biased piece long on bluster and short on details as gospel truth. I'm not hanging around and holding my breath. I'll drop by and sneak a peek from time to time, and I may find yet another post sometimes that piques my interest and draws me in for a day or two, but for now I have better things to do.

I wish you well.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: BT and Plane
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »
Volenteers only.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:45:13 PM »
We will miss you H.  Your contributions are indeed appreciated
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »
all I seem to see are posts with the same old tired meme, my guy is good, yours is bad, backed up by twisted facts and half truths if not outright lies.

And yet pretty much all your posts were slams on Romney. Go figure.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
And yet pretty much all your posts were slams on Romney. Go figure.

And R.R. he calls me nitwit, a dumbass, an absolute moron, a sorry ass.
And he's the mature one? He's the dignified statesman?
I tried to reason with the guy, told him I thought he was bright guy & to chill.
Sirs welcomed him and said "we'll miss you".
Where has that guy said anything nice about SIRS or me?
The guy wants a one way street.
He wants to call people a "dumbass", "a sorry ass", ect.....
But then he gets all huffy and cries when the kitchen gets hot.
I wish him the best and hope he can resolve his bullying and anger issues.
If he does he'll probably live longer.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
I noticed that CU4. The more he was backed into a corner the more he lashed out. Now he needs a break. Every post that I've read from him has been Democrat talking points, right down to BushCo lied, as if he's not using tired old memes.

BSB

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »
Now Bear. I see you posting, I rejoin thinking there will be at least a few posters who can see the forest for the trees, then bang, you leave.  Come on, at least stay through the election. Get out the antacid, have a couple of small batch stouts, ignore the riff-raff, and so on.

BSB

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 04:18:12 AM »
Now Bear. I see you posting, I rejoin thinking there will be at least a few posters who can see the forest for the trees, then bang, you leave.  Come on, at least stay through the election. Get out the antacid, have a couple of small batch stouts, ignore the riff-raff, and so on.

BSB

BSB, for you, Plane and BT I will consider it. Honestly, there is no need for antacids , anger management or any of that bullshit. I simply get bored with the same old shit, and have other projects I am working on that interest me more. It's pretty much a waste of time coming in here trying to teach these people to fact check the bile they spew.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »
It's pretty much a waste of time coming in here trying to teach these people to fact check the bile they spew.

If you've really fact checked all these people and put them in their place they would be the ones running away, not you.

And if you really want to keep yourself busy, try fact checking XO. He's 0 for 1,000,001.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »
If you've really fact checked all these people and put them in their place they would be the ones running away, not you.

Nope, they're too thick to learn.

And if you really want to keep yourself busy, try fact checking XO. He's 0 for 1,000,001.

He is only one person. I went with the majority, hoping to do the most good. The ones who simply cut and paste articles without checking them themselves.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »
It is futile to provide sirs with facts. he attacks the messenger, denies irrelevant details,  stupidly says that every argument is a "deflection", or just makes snide remarks perpetually.
Debating constructively with such an irrational critter is not unlike attempting to build a suspension bridge out of cheese. He is not creative, he is a bore, and I really see no reason to attempt to provide him with any facts, since he has invented so many of his own.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

mirstnkim

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 04:47:04 PM »
See Sirs!  "Orgasmic emotions." I can't help but laugh because it was so predictable.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »
Yep, you did nail that one     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
Facts are nice , but are facts the primary reason that we have opinions?

Don't opinions come first and then facts to prop them up are sought?