Author Topic: Gun Sales Surge After Obama Re-election!  (Read 22347 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Sales Surge After Obama Re-election!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »
Wearing a holster is the economical solution for most of the time , including gardening and working on the car.

But you still need a stainless firearm for taking to the shower.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »
You know, if folks like myself or Cu4 were to have made similar comments, messers BsB & Xo would be raining all forms of gun-nut verbage down upon the source.  Go figure

About my comment? BSB, probly not, and XO, who cares?

Actually, not that long ago, I referenced, actually stongly stressed, the importance of gun safety, especially as a CCW holder.  Bsb was raking me over the coals as some gun nut, for daring to have one.  I've noticed how he, and Xo, have steered clear from doing that with you.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »
But you still need a stainless firearm for taking to the shower.
Nothing like a shotgun in the shower!

Big Jake
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »
Actually, not that long ago, I referenced, actually stongly stressed, the importance of gun safety, especially as a CCW holder.  Bsb was raking me over the coals as some gun nut, for daring to have one.  I've noticed how he, and Xo, have steered clear from doing that with you.

They are welcome to rake away. I've been threatened, attacked, stabbed, cut and shot at (and missed, fortunately). I've worked several jobs that put me in contact with people who weren't happy with what I do, and as an armed courier carrying several thousand dollars at a time. When it comes to my personal safety, I don't play around; even less so when it comes to my home and my family.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »
Yet that would get you branded a gun nut.  I too had a job that required me having to travel to all sorts of areas and neighborhoods that were, shall we say, less than stellar, and was thankful not just to have a weapon with me, but the training to use it and use it safely.  That gets me branded a gun nut.  My guess, is that you're immune from the charge since you're also a rational Bush Basher & Republican Basher, and they don't want to alienate you from their side, on those topics      ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »
Republican basher? LOL, actually I just like to see the truth, all of it. I'm still a  registered Republican, but I don't vote the party any more, I vote the individual and the issues that are important to me. The Republicans, AFAIC, should have stuck to smaller government and lower taxes. Now they push too many issues, as a party, I disagree with.

Why don't I bash XO? He's like an appendix. Bash the Democrats? Enough voices doing that in here already. And BSB, we've been around long enough and been through enough, I think we respect each other.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »
That's cool.  Just noting that's why you're getting a pass on the CCW and defensive use with firearms, that would have Bsb lavashing all sorts of gun-nut ridicule for exactly the same position

BSB

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 06:18:03 AM »
Well since I drove a cab at night in Boston without carrying a gun and since I carried bearer bonds worth several million $ around Boston without a gun I'd say you're both gun-nuts.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »
........ since I carried bearer bonds worth several million $ around Boston........................

BSB

I would admit that this qualifies you as a nut authority.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
 ;D

BSB

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
I was insured by the New York Stock Exchange to carry Bearer Bonds for Alex Brown Inc. It was a high paying job and I enjoyed it. Not once did I carry a gun and not once was I approached or threatened in any way.  Your take is just another example of how far off you are most of the time.

BSB 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
actually, your response is just another example of how freedom of choice, and use of firearms for defensive purposes is so far off, most of the time.  Here's a hint, you have every right to chose not to carry or even use one.  Good for you.  Now try recognozing that this country, in particular the Constitution provides the same right for others to chose to.  You may think you're smarter and just know better, but that doesn't defacto make you so

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
I worked as a locksmith, often repossessing cars and gaining access to homes and apartments to evict people. Those folks don't tend to tip you and thank you for the ride. Many nights I worked all night and wasn't able to get home to drop off the cash I had collected, and twice I was called out in the wee hours by people who intended to rob me. They weren't successful either time. I also carried cash deposits from a local chain of convenience stores to the bank, with some stores in pretty rough neighborhoods. Rough enough that the owners hired me rather than expose their store managers to the risk of being robbed.

It's your choice whether to own firearms or not, or to carry them. I prefer not to be a victim.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »
It is one thing to have a job carrying cash about, and quite another to have a gun available to grab on a moment's notice at home, unless one lives in a very dangerous area threatened by thieves who know you have a lot of stuff worth stealing.

I hardly think that being armed while working for Brinks or Garda makes someone a "gun nut".

Owning fifteen firearms is a completely different thing.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
Fifteen? I wish. There are several I would love to have.