Author Topic: Gun Sales Surge After Obama Re-election!  (Read 22381 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Gun Sales Surge After Obama Re-election!
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:47 AM »
The ability to provide quality care, specific to that patient's needs.

You know i find the most valuable trait in a good doctor.

The ability to listen. To observe. To ask follow up questions.

And if needed order further testing. All of which can be handled remotely.

I certainly don't agree that an attaboy can't be given remotely.

.....on a TV-LIKE screen.

Oh. Why didn't you say so . I think computer monitors are capable of delivering higher resolution images than run of the mill black friday special TeeVee.

I see plenty, as a health care provider, 1st and foremost the severe decline in the quality of care to patients

Your specialty is physical therapy and is thus limited to those disciplines covered by your certifications. I believe this discussion concerns Medical Doctors. So your say so is not gospel, as it were.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2012, 02:23:10 AM »
The ability to provide quality care, specific to that patient's needs.

You know i find the most valuable trait in a good doctor.

The ability to listen. To observe. To ask follow up questions.

And if needed order further testing. All of which can be handled remotely.

Minus of course the intangible personal connection.  You can get a good computer voice to go along with your version.  Make him sound like Yoda even....."MRI test you must"

I certainly don't agree that an attaboy can't be given remotely.

I sure can, certainly not near to the level that a hand shake or even supportive pat on the back, that no monitor can perform

.....on a TV-LIKE screen.

Oh. Why didn't you say so . I think computer monitors are capable of delivering higher resolution images than run of the mill black friday special TeeVee.

Yea, because that's what I look for in a Dr...how good his resolution comes across a monitor.    ::)

I see plenty, as a health care provider, 1st and foremost the severe decline in the quality of care to patients

Your specialty is physical therapy and is thus limited to those disciplines covered by your certifications. I believe this discussion concerns Medical Doctors. So your say so is not gospel, as it were.

My specialty is in Professional Healthcare, nor do I claim some form of gospel certification.  Merely that I have ample experience in the field, both as a provider and a recipient, with an intimate connection to all manner of health professionals, from pharmacists, to nursing, to social services, to physicians.  I see the quality of care declining across the spectrum, which inclides Physicians.  The idea that only a Physician can provide any expert opinion, while all others are void, is analogus to being unable to make any valid comments regarding the pros & cons of birth control, unless you're a woman
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2012, 02:31:57 AM »
I see the quality of care declining across the spectrum, which inclides Physicians.

And all this without remote consultations. So is the problem the medium or the personnel?

By the way, my meds are mailed to me . I couldn't tell you who the pharmacist is.

I just know that i renew them each month online and they arrive a couple days later, like clockwork.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2012, 02:41:42 AM »
The problem is in the process of creating an enviroment that requires less and less physicians to see more and more patients.  Making those absolutely necessary personal connections harder and harder to establish and take root.  This programs take the impersonal to a whole new level
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:16 AM »
The problem is in the process of creating an enviroment that requires less and less physicians to see more and more patients.  Making those absolutely necessary personal connections harder and harder to establish and take root.  This programs take the impersonal to a whole new level

You say that like it is a bad thing. Being the medical expert you claim to be, what percentage of medicine do you think is based on observe, diagnose,  prescribe?

You act like we are still in the age of Dr. Welby. We aren't and haven't been since the 60's.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2012, 09:57:02 AM »
By the way, my meds are mailed to me . I couldn't tell you who the pharmacist is.

I just know that i renew them each month online and they arrive a couple days later, like clockwork.

=========================================================
I do the same. There is a Walgreen's three blocks from here and a CVS half a block farther down the avenue, but the personal attention is pretty much nil. There is one pharmacist, several assistants and a cashier. It takes half an hour of waiting to talk with the pharmacist,and every prescription from anywhere comes with a pretty thorough page of contraindications.

The mailorder pharmacy is more convenient. Since I pay nothing, the price is unimportant.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2012, 11:42:32 AM »
Go watch a football game.

"Shooting authority" there is a really dumb name.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."