Author Topic: If you think flying the flag upside down and filing for secession are bad...  (Read 1676 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Big business and big government are close cousins , the members of one leadership flow into the power positions of the other without much real retraining.

Big business can get unreasonably powerfull and intrusive in the lives of the people it affects , big government can do the same even easier.

I agree that the government must have the power to reign in business in excess, but I don't agree that the government needs to be just as big as all business to accomplish this. Nor would I agree that the rules need to be very complex to accomplish this.

Lots of business effort is coping with the balooning regulations , are we twice as safe if there are two agencys rather than one making rules on the same product?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I agree that the government must have the power to reign in business in excess, but I don't agree that the government needs to be just as big as all business to accomplish this.

==========================================
Who says otherwise? We hardly need as many state troopers as drivers.

There needs to be a law banning government officials from becoming lobbyists for ten years or longer.''

Government is neither too big or too small, it just is not efficient. Part of this is guys like Tom DeLay and Dick Cheney, who bounce back and forth between business and govt.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
There are laws intended to prevent or punish conflict of intrest, but look at who we depend on to enact and enforce such laws...

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Some do a good job, others are accomplices.

We need more Elizabeth Warrens in charge and more Tom DeLays in prison.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Some do a good job, others are accomplices.

We need more Elizabeth Warrens in charge and more Tom DeLays in prison.

The procicution of Tom DeLay for nothing in particular is a shame , but it is unlikly to result in a conviction. I think the procicutor needs to be procicuted , but there doesn't seem to be a law against unwarranted persecution for political purposes.

What did Elizabeth Warren do that makes you mention her in this context?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Because people like her need to be in charge. DeLay and his ilk need to be elsewhere,and they have plenty on him.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
No, I mean I really don't know what Elizabeth Warren has done better than Tom DeLay.

I won't be able to argue well of such vagueness.

Could you narrow this a bit , such that I don't simply peruse her whole career for whatever I might?