Author Topic: I would be thankful...  (Read 8963 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: I would be thankful...
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Bear,  I don't think Sirs is aware of what he does, when he does it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »
Oh and so there is no case of misunderstanding, BSB left the forum of his own free will as is his history.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »
Maybe someone should make him aware. I prefer to ignore him; I've tried and the effort has been wasted. But if he wants to keep dragging me in, I'll be glad to tear into him. There's always hope it might sink in, someday.

And I know about BSB, I did not think you had booted him.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »
You want to offer an olive branch? Offer it to someone who is actually here and posting. There was no reason to drag me or BSB into it. None. Other than to provoke a reaction.

Like I said, you can drop it or deal with it. Leave me out of it, completely, or live with the consequences.

I think I'll offer it to those that it would have been appropriate to offer it to.....i.e. the ones who would tend to respond, when they do, with insults, slurs, snarks, and degradation efforts, as the crux of that response.  Your current examples a plenty, not to mention I have no fricken clue as to yours or bsb's intentions to post or run

Like I said, a sincere window of opportunity was presented, and you decided to throw a chair through it.  Bravo

--------------------------------------

and for Bt........whatever "what he does" is supposed to mean.  Is that the part, exemplified by the 2 of you espousing what you think I mean, so many times, despite clear words & explanation to the contrary?

In any case, I made a sincere effort, and it was apparently trashed.  Back to status quo, I guess   *sigh*

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »
More bullshit.

I think I'll offer it to those that it would have been appropriate to offer it to.....i.e. the ones who would tend to respond, when they do, with insults, slurs, snarks, and degradation efforts, as the crux of that response.

Like I said, BSB is gone, BT pointed that out a couple of days ago. I generally don't get pissed enough to go on a rant until have been pushed far enough, and even then I had not posted in two days and made it clear then I wanted nothing else else to do with you. There was no reason for you to mention either of us in your post other than you just can't let go. And no reason to keep coming back to the subject except for the same.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/robertburns/works/to_a_louse/

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »
...if folks like Xo, H, and Bsb could make a concerted effort, at leat thru the weekend, that when responding, to avoid the 3rd grade namecalling, insults, slurs, snarks, and degradation efforts, as the crux of that response.  This is a debate forum, and disagreement is a part of humanity.  We're not going to see eye to eye on many levels.  If we don't agree, please make an effort to indicate why, & not just that you think yourself smarter, and that should be the end of that. 

And if you don't think that message of why is getting thru, by all means, agree to disagree, and let's move on.  I'll endavor to do the same, ..... as long as its being recipricated

Is that doable?  Are we mature enough?

Can a redo be done?

This is basicly a good idea , and I bet Sirs , did not mean to seem accusing.

IF  one can note , he did not leaqve himself out of the promise to improve.

If this were said
...if folks like we are could make a concerted effort, at leat thru the weekend, that when responding, to avoid the 3rd grade namecalling, insults, slurs, snarks, and degradation efforts, as the crux of that response.  This is a debate forum, and disagreement is a part of humanity.  We're not going to see eye to eye on many levels.  If we don't agree, please make an effort to indicate why, & not just that you think yourself smarter, and that should be the end of that. 

And if you don't think that message of why is getting thru, by all means, agree to disagree, and let's move on.  I'll endavor to do the same, ..... as long as its being recipricated

Is that doable?  Are we mature enough?
Any of us could have said it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Bear,  I don't think Sirs is aware of what he does, when he does it.

Eh , who does?

I plead for tolerance .

With the potential for reciprocation.

After all, irritation is frequently mutual.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 01:29:54 AM »
I think I'll offer it to those that it would have been appropriate to offer it to.....i.e. the ones who would tend to respond, when they do, with insults, slurs, snarks, and degradation efforts, as the crux of that response.

Like I said, BSB is gone, BT pointed that out a couple of days ago.

Did I see/read ANYTHING to that reference or specificity?  Was there an announcement made of required reading, I missed? That would be a no

I generally don't get pissed enough to go on a rant until have been pushed far enough, and even then I had not posted in two days and made it clear then I wanted nothing else else to do with you.

No, you got your hand caught in the rhetorical cookie jar, and instead of manning up, went on on some xo-like rant.  You had no obligation to make any response to this thread.  You weren't goaded into anything or "provoked" in any way.  The fact you did, actually helps buttress the original point that was made.

You were wrong H, on so many levels, last of which was you thinking my original post was some sinister provocation post, when it was precisely the polar opposite.  You read into it, what you wanted to, nothing more.  And ironically got caught doing the exact same thing you keep claiming I do, as it relates to assigning alterior motives to my post.

The reason both of you were referenced is PRECISELY hi-lighted by your tantrum here.  An effort to try and improve all of our responses and improve the stature of debate around here.  If you didn't want to make the effort, you merely had to not respond, and that'd be the end of it.   But nooooooooooo, you had to go piss all over that effort as well, ironically helping to reinforce why I attempted to improve the tone in here, at the beginning of the thread.

Like I said, Bravo
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 02:58:43 AM »
Bring it, boy. I keep giving you chances to drop it, and you just keep chugging right along. God, you are so fucking stupid.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 03:02:47 AM »
Plane, your attempts at peacemaking are laudable, but until this smarmy little shit takes the opportunity to leave me the fuck alone and quit mentioning me in his posts, it ain't gonna happen. I'm tired of his bullshit, and I tried to just walk away, but he just can't seem to drop it. My patience has run out.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 03:27:12 AM »
Wrong, on so many levels.  Like I said, I guess I'm really thankful that I'm not so bitter, hyper-defensive, and close minded as some others around these parts.   The irony here is H's commending Plane for trying to do precisely what I tried to do. 

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 04:58:42 AM »
Bullshit. Plane didn't drag me into it by name. You did, for no reason other than to get a response. You got it. The choice is still yours whether to STFU and leave me out of it, or continue.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 05:22:02 AM »
Again, wrong on so many levels

For someone who prides themself in supposed logic & objectivity, you are sorely lacking in any as of late.  My "reason" has already been explained.  It's not Plane, or Cu4, or Bt, or even Miss Kim, or Miss Henny, or Miss De, or anyone else for that matter that has downgraded their debate and responses into xo-like rants.  You disagree with what I say, fine, disagree.  You want to demonstrate why?, excellent, go for it.  You want to ignore my responses altogether?, no skin off my back.  You want to sink to gradeschool insults & namecalling?, fine, you can do that as well. 

You want to try and claim my sincere request for a better debating effort, by all parties is supposedly BS, based on nothing more than I mentioned those who have been demonstrating such gutter-like responses, as of late?  You're going to get called on it.  And if you keep pushing that erroneous garbage, that I only wanted to get some "response out of you" with this thread, you're going to continue to be called on it

Your choice

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 06:50:28 AM »
Bring it, you little piece of shit.

There was no reason to name BSB, who is gone, or me, who had no desire to interract with you whatsoever, except provocation. You can make claims to the contrary all you want, all it shows is you are a lying piece of shit. And I'll keep pointing that out as long as you keep up your bullshit.