Author Topic: ....and then there are other ways  (Read 10239 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: ....and then there are other ways
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
It appeared so with your reference to my intent.  So, you don't believe it was either?  ok,  Now I see why you closed the thread the way you did, propping H's erroneous conclusions, and removing any sign of objective leadership on this issue

Makes you both wrecklessly wrong, though at least you haven't down shifted into the namecalling.  So I guess that's ....... something

So i didn't say it, yet you say i did. Why would you put words in my mouth?

And i closed the thread because it had ceased bearing fruit 20 posts previous.

I also suggest you reread the pms you sent me. I was truly worried for your sanity.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »
When you 'have more time'.

Having trouble finding where I took any sort of stand on what Obama said, other than that he did, in fact, say it?

Or proving I said what I didn't?

You seem to have plenty of time any other time throwing the old crap around, when you feel you can freely make stuff up, when you can pretend you know what I'm thinking and what my motives are. All of a sudden, when it comes to providing proof, you don't have the time.

It's okay. I'm patient.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »
....endeavor to repost those threads that show him where he was in error, ....

Nooooooooooooo!

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »
LOL, pms to BT. What, trying to get me thrown out? Not a problem, Sirs, just as soon as you drop the subject and leave me out of your crap, I plan to be gone anyway. Well, other than checking in from time to time to be sure you're not trying to sneak a reference to me behind my back.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
When you 'have more time'.

Having trouble finding where I took any sort of stand on what Obama said, other than that he did, in fact, say it?

Or proving I said what I didn't?

You seem to have plenty of time any other time throwing the old crap around, when you feel you can freely make stuff up, when you can pretend you know what I'm thinking and what my motives are. All of a sudden, when it comes to providing proof, you don't have the time.

It's okay. I'm patient.

LOL, pms to BT. What, trying to get me thrown out? Not a problem, Sirs, just as soon as you drop the subject and leave me out of your crap, I plan to be gone anyway. Well, other than checking in from time to time to be sure you're not trying to sneak a reference to me behind my back.

If you are indeed patient then be patient.
Sirs had a good intent , and by the time you teach him better , his intent might be changed!
It is the usual thing for a person to think his own thinking right, no?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »
For Bt:  I made an assumption based on what you had said.  You corrected it, end of story.  Nothing nefarious, no attempt to "put words in your mouth", since it was pretty clear at that point

For H: Good god, you are one paranoid uber defensive SOB.  Been working today......it's called a job.  The few moments I have to post are directly related to the few breaks I have.  That explains my few moments.  As for the idiocy of thinking I'm trying to get you thrown out   ::)   By all means, Bt can publically release my PM's.  Which ironically can also shoot down whatever's prompting his insanity dx.  But don't worry, I'll get to your inquiry when I actually have the time to sit, read, copy and post.  Hopefully later tonight after dinner and a movie with friends.  Otherwise, you'll just have to wait a little longer

For Plane: Thanks again for your grasp to my intent, way back when.  As sincere as it was, some folks just can't let go of the status quo it seems.  And only they can answer the why
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:58 PM »
For Bt:  I made an assumption based on what you had said. 

And then stated it as if it were fact.

Are you seeing a pattern here?

BTW i never stated it wasn't sincere either. It is quite possible your intentions were good but your delivery was flawed. Which i have stated in so many words.

Imagine a mid east peace talk opening with you camel fuckers had best listen and you greedy hooked nosed shylocks don't be getting all cocky either. That's kind of how your opening reads, which might be why plane in his rewrite, cleaned that part up.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
Like I said, I'm patient.

As for good intent, he could have shown that without referring to me like some troublemaking boogeyman.

And I don't particularly care what he thinks of himself.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »
Like I said, I'm patient.

As for good intent, he could have shown that without referring to me like some troublemaking boogeyman.

And I don't particularly care what he thinks of himself.

I can be wrong , I have a highly developed skill at guessing peoples motives wrongly.

With that disclaimer let me say, I don't think Sirs had the idea that his word choice conveyed.

To call for truce one might call out for the persons one wants the truth with, but if not carefully, it can seem accusatory.

As if to say "I shall deign to speak civilly to you -barbarian- if you can behave yourself for a little while."
Is what came out of the transmitter , but what went in was ,
"I am tired of fighting pointlessly, I am aware that I am wrong for a while before I know I am and I ask your pardon and forgiveness for the space of time of this truce, if you are so kind , I shall endevor to reciprocate".

I can be just as wrong reading one of you as another, but the vibe of hurt I get is from both sides this time.
Don't you both feel unjustly accused ?
Don't you both feel put upon?
Of course the reality is not even , somebody is bound to be the right one.

But tolerance is allowing someone to be wrong in peace.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 04:35:47 AM »
And I keep telling you, I've tried tolerance. I've tried civility. And all I've gotten in return is some accusatory tone that I'm trying to hide something or I'm the bad guy.

There is an old story about a dirt farmer taking his new bride home in a wagon pulled by a stubborn mule. The mule acts up, pulling this way and that as the farmer tries to keep him going straight down the road. Finally the mule stops and refuses to budge.

The farmer gets down from the wagon and picks up an axe handle from behind the seat, then walks up to the mule and bang! smacks it across the head with the axe handle. He climbs back into the wagon, picks up the reins, and they go on down the road, the mule keeping a straight track and no longer causing any problems.

The new bride fumes at what she sees as an act of cruelty, and finally asks her new husband if he had to use the axe handle on the mule.

"Well," he replies, "Fighting with him over which way to go wasn't working, so I figured I had to get his attention first."

Do you think I have his attention?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
Shame on you for expecting sirs to give precedence to you over his job, his dinner and a movie. Unlike Mitt Romney and Rupert Murdock, sirs must work for a living. Apparently he is not among the 1% and has no blind trust to manage his affairs.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
LOL, I'm giving him all the time he needs.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
It did not seem to me that you were prodding him to respond, but for some reason, he seems to have felt prodded.

The ways of sirs are arcane to normal beings, perhaps.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 04:31:34 AM »
Sorry for the tardiness.  I do have a life outside the saloon.  Oh, and welcome back B.  and per Plane's request, I tryed to keep from doing a bunch of reposting of previous threads, but the jist would be located in the "Would have made a Difference" thread

No one, including H, has any obligation to post or respond to anything I say/type.

Nor do you have any obligation to drag my name into any discussion, given that I made it perfectly clear I was finished with you

Where was the "obligation"?  I referenced specifically those who had fallen off the insult bandwagon, especially as it relates to the level of vitriole being thrown in my direction.  You were one of them, that's why your name came up.  It was neither "dragged", nor were you obligated to respond.  Simple as that

That said, if/when they do, I should have an absolute right to defend myself when completely bogus claims are being made about me.

Okay, let's talk bogus claims. Your bogus claims -

1. That I was making some sort of plea when there was none to be made and no reason for me to do so

You weren't making any "plea".  You were dodging a direct question, which I discriptively compared it to pleading the 5th.  You see, you posted what Obama said, AT THE TIME of the Rose Garden, and kept repeating that.  I made it clear that his statements in the Rose Garden weren't at issue, meaning yes, he did say them, so your repeating them as an answer was pretty pointless.  As Plane helped reference, that taken those comments, and those comments alone, minus anything and everything else said by him, and his minions, if you skewed your mind just enough, you might be able to rationalize he was referring to acts of terror specifically to Benghazi.  It makes no sense, in the context he made those statements, but supporters of Obama could latch onto it. 

The problem is what he said immediately after the Rose Garden, on 60 minutes, and even a week later on the show the View, all of those linked in the thread in question.  In all those instances he wasn't just giving a speech, he was answering direct questions.  He was asked specifically if Benghazi was a terrorist attack, he couldn't/didn't/wouldn't answer "yes".  He merely deflected into "there's an ongoing investigation", "we really don't know what happened", and "we will bring those who did this to justice".  THAT's the context I kept repeating my question to you about, and instead of using that objective little brain of yours, you kept reposting his Rose Garden comments

That's what you kept dodging, and that's what I called you on, as it relates to pleading the 5th.

3. Putting words into my mouth, twice, that I was able to show I had never said.

You're going to have to point to specifially what I claimed you never said.  Both times, if you don't mind

And I walked away from that entire discussion and made it very clear I wanted nothing else to do with you, and had not posted again at all until you posted your 'olive branch' talking about me as though I was some cur dog out to do nothing but stir up trouble. Well, you got it.

No, I didn't get anything of the sort, since that was never my intention.  You read into it, what you wanted to.

You have the ability H, to be an excellent debater, but to be bluntly honest, minus all the 3rd grade name calling you seem to embrace, you have a serious hyper defensive complex.  You, and to a certain extent Bt, have a knack for rhetoric just vague enough to mean anything you want, at any given time.  Bt's latest example on the sincerity of my olive branch.  He should either think it is, or think it isn't, unless there's not enough associated comments to come to either conclusion.  I've given enough verbage such that decision could be deduced, but an answer to that remained illusive as when I thought he had, he claimed that my deduction of that was "putting words in his mouth".  Yet, when conceding that well, I guess he didn't, even that wasn't apparently correct. 

Point being, when you make references, others can make assumptions based on it.  We all do it.  If we make the wrong assumption(s), one simply references how the other is in error, kinda like this ongoing ridiculous notion that my olive branch thread was somehow laced with provocative dynamite.   What they shouldn't do is keep repeating the same answer that was never at issue, then have a major defensive fit.  Then you top it off by thinking that my messages to Bt was some nefarious effort to get you kicked out......good gravy.   Just because you had "put your foot down and wanted nothing more to do with me", doesn't negate that the request was directed at those who had a consistent knack of throwing all sorts of derogatory bombs, in my direction.  So, I was hoping, in the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, we could all try to do a little better.

I'm not out to get you....or anyone.  I will go after rhetoric that I perceive as trying to have things both ways.  If you happen to be the source of the rhetoric, it's not personal.  It's a debate forum.  Your positions are going to be challenged, especially when they appear to be either contradictory or even hypocritical.  You're a smart fella, you can handle it

I intend to go on defending myself. Your call.

As will I, especially when someone repeatedly & erroneously keeps accusing me of something nefarious, when it was 180degrees not so.  You read into it, what you wanted to, H.  Pure & simple. 

Minus the verbosity, how'd I do Plane?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »
...Where was the "obligation"?  I referenced specifically those who had fallen off the insult bandwagon, especially as it relates to the level of vitriole being thrown in my direction.  You were one of them, that's why your name came up.  It was neither "dragged", nor were you obligated to respond.  Simple as that

And once again, you had NO reason to bring my name into the matter, since I had been gone for two days and made it clear when I left I wanted nothing more to do with you.

...You weren't making any "plea"...

You're damned right I wasn't. I also wasn't backing off any previous position I had taken, or caught with my hand in a cookie jar, or any of that other crap you kept slinging my way. I posted exactly what Obama said the day after the attack, and that was it, PERIOD. I took no position on it one way or the other.

...You were dodging a direct question...

Show me please, the forum rule that states I have to answer any question I do not feel like answering? I am well aware what I posted and when it was said, and that was my sole intent, to rebut the claim Obama had not referred to it as a terrorist act. That should have made it clear to you, the first time I repeated that, that that was as far as I was willing to go on the issue. You do have a problem letting things go.

...You're going to have to point to specifially what I claimed you never said.  Both times, if you don't mind...

1. You tried to claim I said Bush lied us into the war in Iraq. I showed you I never said Bush, personally, propogated the lie.

2. You kept yammering at me as though I had, in fact, taken some sort of position on the comment in the Rose Garden. That was what I asked you to prove, and you went after it saying you would 'meet my mandate' or some such nonsense. Days later, the big reveal, and - nothing. Nothing but a rehash that I refused to answer your question, as is my right. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. A big dud.

By the way, you mentioned that hyper defensive thing again - grind this is your mill:

...But per H's mandate, I'll endeavor to repost those threads that show him where he was in error, along with the hypocrisy of performing precisely that which he claims I'm doing.  And I'll do it again without all the 3rd grade cursing and insults...

...For H: Good god, you are one paranoid uber defensive SOB...

Now, I don't know about where you come from, but most places I've been, SOB stands for son of a bitch. This is generally taken as a reference to the person's mother being of ill repute and in an unmarried state when that person was conceived. Where I'm from, tossing that term about recklessly might get your throat cut.

But here Sirs is, defaming my dear departed mother, bringing my family into our little spat, and not long after he said he would not use 'the 3rd grade cursing and insults'. I don't recall mentioning him in such terms lately. I don't recall mentioning him in such terms ever.

Best I remember, the only two members of this forum I ever called sons of bitches were Kramer and Tee. And far as I’m concerned, they both deserved it.

As for you, Sirs, you tried and failed miserably. You keep trying to define debate as this and that and the other thing, but the problem I have with you is your style. You won't, or can't, let go of a subject when it is abundantly clear that to keep pushing it is not going to get you any further. You are insulting, whether you see yourself as such or not. You tend to read things into what people say that just aren't there, or to assign them motives they do not have. BT and Plane are perhaps a bit more gentle in pointing that out. I'm more blunt and to the point, and when I've had enough, I've had enough.

Now, I will once again spell it out for you, and make it perfectly clear. I do not intend to post in this forum again, to you or anyone else, as long as you drop it, meaning leave out any reference to me, by name or otherwise.