Author Topic: NRA Was There to Help Blacks Defend Themselves From KKK Democrats  (Read 10536 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NRA Was There to Help Blacks Defend Themselves From KKK Democrats
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 12:14:47 AM »
*golf clap*     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »
Which factually, it is not, you #@*&$*@#*%    ::)

gads, such a potty mouth

But by all means, presents some facts to back up the asinine claim.  Your say so doesn't cut it.  "Code words" that supposeldy only liberals can identify, doesn't cut it.  FACTS actually cuts it.  Ball in your court

Didn't think so
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »
The fact is that the NRA is fueled mostly by the ammo and weapons industry. It is not now, nor has it ever been a civil rights group.

I imagine that the weapons and ammo makers and their retailers do not actually care who buys their stuff, so long as they do not wear their NRA logo hats, shirts and jackets to massacre sites, which would be offputting.

I read that since the Gaby Gifford massacre there have been SIXTY multiple murders of that sort.

Of course, sirs will tell us that there would have been many, many more prevented by well-armed gun enthusiasts. And of course, that would be typical bullpoop.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 03:55:29 PM »
The fact is that the NRA is fueled mostly by the ammo and weapons industry. It is not now, nor has it ever been a civil rights group.

Nor should it be.  It's a pro constitution 2nd amendment group     ::)

I read that since the Gaby Gifford massacre there have been SIXTY multiple murders of that sort.  Of course, sirs will tell us that there would have been many, many more prevented by well-armed gun enthusiasts.

Based on facts and statistics, not would have.....HAVE been.  Nor are they my facts, they belong to the FBI, though I doubt they've made qualifiers as crimes prevented by well armed gun enthusiasts vs those crimes prevented by well armed non gun enthusiasts vs those crimes prevented by poorly armed gun enthusiasts

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »
Sure, the FBI has statistics on crimes that did not happen.

You started this idiotic discussion that the NRA "was there to help Blacks defend themselves", as thought it WAS a Civil Rights group.

Bah!

It isn't a"pro constitution" group, either. It is driven by the desire of gun and ammo companies to sell guns and ammo.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »
Sure, the FBI has statistics on crimes that did not happen.

The issues is crimes prevented, as in started but prevented from going foward from what had far worse potential, not simply "crimes that did not happen", and yes, those stats belong to them

You started this idiotic discussion that the NRA "was there to help Blacks defend themselves", as thought it WAS a Civil Rights group.

Actually it was Cu4 who started the excellent thread, and it was Cu4 that debunked the notion tha the NRA is the modern version of the KKK, so no, it NEVER thought itself a Civil Rights group, merely an organization attempting to defend those who couldn't better defend themselves

It isn't a"pro constitution" group, either. It is driven by the desire of gun and ammo companies to sell guns and ammo.

Do you ever get tired of being so wrong, so often?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:09:44 AM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »
http://www.nradefensefund.org/

I would say the NRA is indeed a civil rights group, because in my estimation wepons are a civil right.

I am not aware of the NRA ever advocating more wepons for one race or class over another, but it is an old organisation, what was their stance before I was born?

http://www.facebook.com/NRADefenseFund
The NRA is 141 years old.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_oldest_civil_rights_organization_in_the_US
Answer:

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, or NAACP (founded as the National Negro Committee), is the oldest surviving national civil rights organization in the United States. It was established on February 12, 1909 on the centennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth. The National Rifle Association, or NRA, has begun to lay claim to this designation based on their 1871 founding date. However, while the NRA was founded to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis" the NAACP was established for the express purpose of protecting the civil rights of non-whites. The NRA did not involve itself in the politics of the second amendment until the 1930's. So, while the NRA existed prior to the founding of the NAACP, it did not function as a civil rights organization until well after the NAACP began its civil rights work.

In  the late sixtys The NRA follows the lead of Huey Newton and Bobby Seale.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/1/
(This is a great article , eyepopping strange facts.)

Good ol' Charlton Heston.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston
Heston was also known for his political activism. In the 1950s and 1960s he was one of a handful of Hollywood actors to speak openly against racism and was an active supporter of the Civil Rights Movement. Initially a moderate Democrat, he later supported conservative Republican policies and was president of the National Rifle Association from 1998 to 2003.

Gun controll on the poor.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ccrkba-nra-civil-rights-coalition-sues-san-francicso-over-public-housing-gun-ban-57557382.html

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
No one I have ever know has ever been so wrong and so ignorant of the facts as you.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
No one I have ever know has ever been so wrong and so ignorant of the facts as you.

I set the standard!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 01:12:20 AM »
http://www.nradefensefund.org/

I would say the NRA is indeed a civil rights group, because in my estimation wepons are a civil right.

I am not aware of the NRA ever advocating more wepons for one race or class over another, but it is an old organisation, what was their stance before I was born?

Wow....I stand corrected.  I was ......wr.....on.....arrrrrgh......I can't say it      ;)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 10:44:15 AM »
Weapons are a civil right, what an interesting thought. Why not bazookas, Poison pellets of ricin, mustard gas as well?

Owning lethal items is somehow a civil right. Bull.

The NRA has zero influence on the Civil Rights movement. In the '50's and '60's, the NRA was mostly composed of hunters. The self-defense phase in which the NRA started hollering about how there was a right to bear arms in theatres, colleges, and bars began after the NRA was financed mostly by sellers of guns and ammo.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:32:20 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 02:44:44 PM »
NRA was financed mostly by sellers of guns and ammo.

That has never been true, the NRA is always mostly financed by membership and it is amoung the biggest memberships of any organisation.

The first ten admendments to our constitution are known as the "bill of rights" because they were added all together to ensure certain rights for the people.

Do you think that item two on that list has nothing to do with human rights?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
It has to do with forming a militia. That is what it says.

If running about with lethal weapons is a civil right, why not ANY weapon?

The NRA is subsidized by ads in its magazine and by selling its mailing list to people peddling ammo and guns.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
It has to do with forming a militia. That is what it says.

If running about with lethal weapons is a civil right, why not ANY weapon?

The NRA is subsidized by ads in its magazine and by selling its mailing list to people peddling ammo and guns.

The NRA is people , who welcome the subsidy to their dues.

Indeed what makes a proper limit on a civil right?

Voting is a lesser civil right , and some object to even having the votor identified before he is allowed to vote.

Wepons intended to protect the people from an opressive government need to be wepons a large fraction of the capability of the governments wepons, we are at present woefully underarmed .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
BINGO!!