Author Topic: NRA Was There to Help Blacks Defend Themselves From KKK Democrats  (Read 10537 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NRA Was There to Help Blacks Defend Themselves From KKK Democrats
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
As I said, if that's the most compelling case you can present, you've not convinced anyone, except for equally ignorant folk.  Your all-too-frequent arrogant think-you-know-better say so just isn't going to cut it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
I know three lives that were saved in two incidents of having a gun to drive off attack.

One of them was the infant me.

The other my brother and mother.

So in fifty years two incidents that threatened my immediate family were resolved with responsible gun use.

That is not everyday, it is downright scarce,but it is legatimate.

If the gun had not been there, my family would have been smaller years ago.

Perhaps only once in my life will a gun be absent when it might have saved my life , that is a rare thing indeed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2012, 04:06:20 AM »
But Plane....your family really didn't need a gun, since it was a very rare event, that could have equally never have happened.  I mean, be it your family or you, you are just being nutcases to even consider having one, much less needing one

All sarcasm aside, I'm thankful some lives were saved by the use of a gun, yours included
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2012, 06:28:29 AM »
Most people know someone that rescued themselves with a gun.

Perhaps just an aqantience ,perhaps just once.

For most of the people who have self rescued with a wepon it is a once in a lifetime occurance.

All of the people who are now dead from such an incidence , but who could have saved themselves if they would have had a gun , that experience was once in a lifetime also.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 11:13:56 AM »
So true, so true.  And yet, there are those who would take it upon themselves to determine how much you or your family really "needed" a gun, because they apparently just.....know better than you, or me, or our families

BSB

« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
I don't know one person who, outside of military service, ever "rescued" themselves with a gun. I've lived in and around a major city most of my life. In fact I know several people well who lived, and one who presently lives, in NYC and none of them ever had to "rescued" themselves with a gun. I know a guy who almost got himself killed with a gun than rescued himself with a knife. He was hunting in Alaska, shot a brown bear...... the bear looked to be dead....he approached it....the bear got up and bit him in the face........he pulled out his knife........stabbed/sliced the bear.....the bear let him go.......he took off.....broke a leg falling into a ravine....got back to civilization....today he has no tongue or lower jaw. I knew a bartender who was being robed, pulled a gun out from behind the bar, the thief then pulled out his own gun and killed the bartender.  I've spent thousands upon thousands of hours in the woods, by myself, without a gun, never had a problem.

I guess if you're a paranoid nut-job you "need" a gun but most of us don't.

BSB (there is no pinnacle, or mountain to be king of, it's all just mind)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
Funny...I've known and read of several who have indeed "rescued themselves with a gun"  Go figure.  I loved the F-150 analogy though.  Pricless.  Because someone might not "need one", the Bsb's of the world would make sure you couldn't aquire one    :o

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »
I don't know one person who, outside of military service, ever "rescued" themselves with a gun. I've lived in and around a major city most of my life. In fact I know several people well who lived, and one who presently lives, in NYC and none of them ever had to "rescued" themselves with a gun. I know a guy who almost got himself killed with a gun than rescued himself with a knife. He was hunting in Alaska, shot a brown bear...... the bear looked to be dead....he approached it....the bear got up and bit him in the face........he pulled out his knife........stabbed/sliced the bear.....the bear let him go.......he took off.....broke a leg falling into a ravine....got back to civilization....today he has no tongue or lower jaw. I knew a bartender who was being robed, pulled a gun out from behind the bar, the thief then pulled out his own gun and killed the bartender.  I've spent thousands upon thousands of hours in the woods, by myself, without a gun, never had a problem.

I guess if you're a paranoid nut-job you "need" a gun but most of us don't.

BSB (there is no pinnacle, or mountain to be king of, it's all just mind)

I suppose the guy that shot the bear needed his gun once more after he put it down, isn't that a bear hunting rule ?
To keep the bear under the gun untill his death is sure?
I have never hunted bear , when I am in bear country I generally make enough noise that I am unlikly to surprise a bear , so I do not presume to speak as an authority.

If I ever do hunt bear , I will make an effort to learn more about it first.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »
I don't know of anyone ever rescued with a gun.

My neighbor likes to talk about his trusty pistol. After three beers he rarely talks about anything else.

He always suggests that people who do things he does not like had better not do it around him, because he will shoot them.

He taught his children well: he has three sons: Two went to prison for murder with a pistol. One got out, but decided he needed some really illegal military rifle,and kept it in the house when he knew he was forbidden to even live where there were any guns. He got into a fight with a cousin, and the cousin ratted him out. The cops came, surrounded the house and searched for hours. When they found the gun, they took him away for another 8 years.

On New Years and the 4th of July and occasionally when there is a sale on Heinekins, which my neighbor insists is made in Germany, he and the security guard who lives down the street shoot their guns in the air. At least one windshield has been broken this way, but it belonged to the security guard.

When I hear shooting, I stay in the furthest part of the house.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »
That sounds terribly irritating.

Owning a gun should be treated as a responsibility , and an important one.

Firing a gun within city limits should be in accordance with city ordanace .

Firing a gun at any time should be done with awareness of backstop.
Many guns are dangerous at long distances if fired at high angles.

BSB

« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »
"isn't that a bear hunting rule ?

To keep the bear under the gun until his death is sure?"

That has always been my impression.

My younger brother's, now deceased, wife's sister is a doctor in Alaska. This individual was her patient. When she told me about this incident I got the impression the hunter was experienced. Anyway, not being the king of the mountain, I'm not going to pass judgment on him. He gave a hell of an account of himself by just surviving the event.

I will say though, the Alaskan Brown Bear is almost as big as a Polar Bear. If you've had one successful hunt of one consider yourself lucky and don't do it again. In my opinion you'd be asking for it. Of course better yet, mind your own business from the beginning and leave them alone.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
I suspect that more gun owners are like my neighbor and his pal El Security than like the responsible type. On holidays in Miami, one can hear guns going off all over the place.

I speculate that if my neighbor were not permitted to own a gun, he would not have taught his sons that the pistol was a proper way of settling disputes, and perhaps none of them would have gone to prison.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
I suspect that more gun owners are like my neighbor and his pal El Security than like the responsible type. On holidays in Miami, one can hear guns going off all over the place.

I speculate that if my neighbor were not permitted to own a gun, he would not have taught his sons that the pistol was a proper way of settling disputes, and perhaps none of them would have gone to prison.

I don't think that necessacerily follows.
Is he irresponsible , but very law abiding?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2012, 09:38:11 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »
Notice how whenever there's a "mass shooting", its generally always in a location that's supposedly as near to a "gun free zone", as it can be, if not designated so, such as schools and theaters.  The calls to disarm the populace and make it harder for them to purchase ammo seem to always miss/ignore that pertinent point