Author Topic: Bushmaster  (Read 16906 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bushmaster
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=GM442164

http://www.cabelas.com/semiautomatic-bushmaster-firearms-15-rifles-4.shtml

http://www.gunsamerica.com/999216404/BUSHMASTER_CARBON_15_LTWT_223.htm

Not entirely sold out yet , but I expect a hot selling season.
Check the prices. Return.
The more certain it seems that the assault ban is coming back , the hotter and more expensive these are going to be.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Bushmaster
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »
IIRC, NOT an assault rifle either
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:47:16 PM »
There is a problem with imprecice language , especially in law.

The government can outlaw wipernerbels and determine after the legislation what is ment by wipernerbels.

The assault ban suffered this problem mostly because none of its authors nor supporters understood what they were doing.

There is hardly any such thing as a non leathal firearm, and the point of a law for making firearms less leathal is hazy.

It is difficult to define what qualitys should be forbidden by people who would rather ban all and rather not understand the features that make a gun more or less leathal.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
I disagree.....I think they knew exactly what they were doing.  Make the law so vague, that Government could use it to ban pretty much anything that "looked" like it could be an assault weapon, even if it wasn't, semiautomatic pistols included
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »
Should these be banned? You bet. I can make one of these fully automatic in less then 2 minutes.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »
You do so ILLEGALLY then

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »
It does not look like somethoing particularly designed to shoot deer. I would ban the sucker and make the ammo VERY costly.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »
SIRS.....Besides guns to protect your family as we edge towards more insanity
I highly recommend you consider buying severall of these "Life Straws" over the next few months.
Buy a couple every 6 months. One day they could come in as handy as your gun.

http://www.vestergaard-frandsen.com/lifestraw

They are relatively cheap...$19.95 at BassProShops
they work great...UNICEF and the World Health Organization have been
handing them out in Third World countries like Haiti with success.

Here is a short video of those "evil" "silly" Christians handing out LifeStraws
to Children in Haiti:

Lifestraw Distribution.m4v

Review Of Life Straw:

LifeStraw Personal Water Filter Review

Bass Pro $19.95
http://www.basspro.com/LifeStraw-Personal-Water-Filter/product/12061210011934/?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&om_mmc=shopping_googleproductextensions
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
It does not look like somethoing particularly designed to shoot deer. I would ban the sucker and make the ammo VERY costly.

See?...it's all about looks.  Nevermind that it is NOT an assault rifle, nevermind that it is already illegal to try and convert them.  It just looks evil

also kind of funny to slap a tax on the ammo to weapon that you supposedly banned, and no one is supposed to have on planet xo    :o

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 11:11:32 PM »
thanks for the recommendation, C.  I'll give it a looksee     8)

BSB

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:27 PM »
"NOT an assault rifle either"

It's the civilian version of the M16, more specifically the CAR. Who are you kidding it's not an assault rifle? Of course it is. And as I said, if you know what to do, you can make it fully automatic in a few minutes.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
Ever if  the sale of said non-hunting rifles is banned, there would still be many of these things around, so making the ammo expensive would be a way of discouraging its use. A law will not eliminate those guns that are illegal from existence.

The reason this looks dangerous is the clip with what looks like too many bullets for any sane hunter to need.

The fact that is CAN be converted means that the truly dangerous murderer will probably convert it. I say ban the sucker and tax the ammo.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »
"NOT an assault rifle either"

It's the civilian version of the M16, more specifically the CAR. Who are you kidding it's not an assault rifle? Of course it is.

Of course, its not.  To be an assault rifle it HAS to be automatic.  ergo, it's NOT

And as I said, if you know what to do, you can make it fully automatic in a few minutes.

And THAT would both be and make it ILLEGAL

BSB

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 04:13:19 AM »
"Of course, its not.  To be an assault rifle it HAS to be automatic.  ergo, it's NOT"

Complete dogshit. In fact the better trained a soldier is the less often he uses full auto. Further, many of these military assault rifles used a 3 burst "full auto" instead of a true full auto. Even walking point I had my weapon on semi, not full. Believe me, it was still an effective assault weapon.  Get an education, gun-nut.

BSB 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 04:41:49 AM »
We're not arguing what's a more effective weapon in the hands of a soldier.  Sure, 3 bursts are better than full auto, but that's a selection.....as in OPTION, be it semi-automatic vs 3 burst vs full auto, that a soldier has when handling an assault rifle.  That's not at issue. 

The issue is WHAT makes a rifle an assault rifle, and that would be that it be able to perform full auto  If it can't, it's not an assault rifle.  Simple as that.  If you try to alter a semi-auto into a full auto, THAT'S ILLEGAL, so best not being bragging so much on how you can do that