Author Topic: Bushmaster  (Read 16973 times)

BSB

Re: Bushmaster
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 04:55:17 AM »
You bet your ass it's an "assault" rifle, full auto capable or not. Tell the loved ones of the children murdered that wasn't an assault rifle, asshole. By the way, what kind of a jerk would put this post up now? 

BSB

>>The primary weapon used in the Connecticut school massacre — a semiautomatic assault rifle — has a history in high-profile incidents of gun violence in the U.S.

The .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle also was the weapon of choice in the 2002 Washington-area sniper shootings, which left 10 dead and three wounded in a series of attacks that terrorized the capital region.

The gun, weapon analysts say, has a reputation for easy handling and deadly accuracy.

"There is an allure to this weapon that makes it unusually attractive," said Scott Knight, former chairman of the International Chiefs of Police Firearms Committee. "The way it looks, the way it handles — it screams assault weapon."

Knight, who also is police chief of Chaska, Minn., said the gun's practical application is little more than "a combat weapon."

"Simply put, it can get off a large number of rounds in a matter of seconds," Knight said. "That's what makes it attractive and also so dangerous."

In the school shooting, Connecticut Chief Medical Examiner H. Wayne Carver said all 26 victims were hit multiple times, suffering "devastating" wounds, all apparently traced to the rifle.<<

http://www.skweezer.com/s.aspx?q=http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/17/bushmaster-assault-rifle-in-newtown-shootings/1772825/

BSB

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 05:02:25 AM »
Plane: "I will minimise my comments where they might possibly aggravate greif"

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 06:28:24 AM »
Plane: "I will minimise my comments where they might possibly aggravate greif"

Apparently I failed on that .

I appologise.

BSB

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 06:56:12 AM »
"Apparently I failed on that"

Apparently? You mean you didn't just know automatically that for a loved one of one of these children that 3 pictures of a Bushmaster followed by the comment that you expected a hot selling season, check the returns, would be upsetting? Amazing, and you're at the pinnacle?   

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
I appologise.

WTF?
Dude don't be such a wussy.
You've got nothing to apologize about.
Don't try to be a Speaker Boehner "starter kit"
You care way too much about what people think about you.
You'll never please them, or if you do, you've sold your soul to the devil
These people are using a tragedy to try and counter the US Constitution.
They try to use the emotion of the moment to get their way, to push their agenda.
It's the usual "mob rule" tactics...
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »
You bet your ass it's an "assault" rifle, full auto capable or not.

Yea, I'd make that bet.....The issue is WHAT makes a rifle an assault rifle, and that would be that it be able to perform full auto  If it can't, it's not an assault rifle.  Simple as that. 

Tell the loved ones of the children murdered that wasn't an assault rifle, asshole.

Sure, I can tell them the truth  >>The primary weapon used in the Connecticut school massacre — a semiautomatic rifle<<  That doesn't make it an assault rifle, as it's not capable of firing automatic, unless you illegally alter it.  If you try to alter a semi-auto into a full auto, THAT'S ILLEGAL, so again, I recommend that you best stop bragging so much on how you can do that

By the way, what kind of a jerk would put this post up now

You referring to this ongoing posts of yours to try and douse the truth with nothing more than emotion? 

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »
assault rifle / assault weapon is really hard to define....per "assault weapons ban"

some define it as a "weapon that can eject spent shell casings and chamber the next round without additional human action, but (as opposed to automatic firearms) only one round is fired per pull of the trigger"

but besides the mean looking combat guns....this definition would include all kinds of hunting rifles and even a 22 semi auto which are obviously not "assault rifles/weapons".

it is a real problem with defining what it is

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
Ban SPECIFIC MODELS of specific weapons,and add all new weapons to the banned list until it is submitted for approval, juat like the FDA approves drugs..
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »
There already is a ban on assault rifles, without a special firearms license.    ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »
Ban SPECIFIC MODELS of specific weapons,

based on what?
what is the definition?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »
Based on what the gun can do, silly.

If it can shoot a dozen dum-dum bullets in thirty seconds, then it does not belong in the hands of civilians.

Just like ownership of bazookas, cruise missiles and tanks is banned.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
I would be against any legislation that arises from Newtown.

I think those against the 2nd Amendment should man up and push for its repeal.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »
Based on what the gun can do, silly.
If it can shoot a dozen dum-dum bullets in thirty seconds,
then it does not belong in the hands of civilians.

So a 22 caliber that can fire 12 bullets would be banned but a 357 that fires 8 would be ok?
Bushmasters that can fire 10  bullets instead of twelve would be ok?
Most semi-auto hunting rifles could shoot 12 bullets in thirty seconds.
Why don't you just be honest...and quit nickel and diming the issue.
It has nothing to do with assault rifles...whatever that means.
You want to ban all guns...you don't care about the Constitution.
You think you know better than the Founding Fathers!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
We’re supposed to shut-up and listen as liberals, barely masking their unseemly delight at the opportunity, try to pin the murder rampage of one degenerate creep on millions of law-abiding Americans who did nothing wrong. The conversation is then supposed to end with us waiving our fundamental right to self-defense.

Because that is what the goal is – a total ban on the private ownership of firearms. There’s always another “common sense” gun law which fails because it is targeted at law-abiding citizens and not criminals, thereby inviting another round of onerous new restrictions until finally no citizen is keeping or bearing anything more than a dull butter knife.

Well, almost no citizens. “Gun control” means all guns under the control of the government and available only to it and, of course, to politically connected cronies. Gun-grabbing poser Michael Bloomberg is going to be surrounded by enough fire power to remake the movie Heat. He’s always going to be protected. The purpose of gun control is to ensure that we aren’t.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »
You think you know better than the Founding Fathers!

===========================
The Founding Fathers knew the following, as I have already stated:
(1) over half the population in 1790 lived in some rural area. They depended on rifles to shoot game.
(2) No rifle could shoot more than once without reloading, a lengthy process involving powder horns, wadding lead shot and a ramrod.
(3) The Founding Fathers also knew that because of the dependence of most rural people on a gun for hunting game and defense against Indians and other aggressors, there was no way to take away the  family gun.

This was a vastly different situation to on in which there are gun nuts that have dozens of high power weapons that can shoot dozens of times before reloading.

The Founding Fathers did not live in the same country or the same situation.
They also thought slaves were just fine, and didn't want to take them away, either. I imagine you approve of that today as well.