Author Topic: "Great Iraqi Victory" a massacre + a cover-up?  (Read 15600 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: "Great Iraqi Victory" a massacre + a cover-up?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 01:41:19 AM »
Mikey you present an interesting theory and frankly absent further documentation on your part i simply am not buying it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 11:23:21 AM »
<<Yes, you do [ignore everything that's contrary to your opinion] when you're not demagoguing it with more opinion.  ESPECIALLY when its anything related to Bush and the War in Iraq>>

Well, on the basis that every single thing you ever posted is contrary to my opinion, can you honestly complain that I have IGNORED it?

<<when you're not demagoguing it with more opinion>>

Well, first of all, I don't think the rules of this club require me to stifle MY opinion while swallowing yours.  Why CAN'T I add my opinion to counter yours?  What special privileges do you possess that allow you to express your opinion and forbid me from putting up mine in opposition?  Inquiring minds want to know.  And secondly, when I do oppose your opinion, I try to do so with fact, logic and reasoning - - NOT as you imply "demagoguing" it with more opinion.

<<Quote from: Michael Tee on February 01, 2007, 10:35:14 PM
I usually go out of my way to demonstrate how ludicrous and absurd it [the opposing opinion] is.  >>

<<In other words, "don't bother me with facts and logic contrary to my already made up mind of how evil Bush and the U.S. military are.  My opinion is fact, & yours is ludicrous & absurd".  Yea, we got that already.  That's the point I've been making, that you keep reinforcing, thank you very much. >>

Maybe you can find a post where I told anyone - - without ANY supporting fact or logic - - this is my opinion and it's right and yours is wrong.  Only in your sick imagination, sirs.  I always buttress any opinion I express in here with fact and/or logic and/or reasoning.  If you claim otherwise:  SHOW ME.  Put up or shut up.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 11:31:09 AM »
<<Mikey you present an interesting theory and frankly absent further documentation on your part i simply am not buying it. >>

The interesting theory, BT, is your government's yarn about the victims' purported attempt to seize the holiest Shi'a shrines during their holiest holiday and assassinate Sistani and the other Shi'a religious leadership.  THAT'S where I'd wanna see the documentation.  Because that's really off the wall.  The other theories - - mine included - - are a lot more pedestrian.  Panicky guards, over-reactions, slaughter of innocents - - hey, c'mon BT, happens every fucking day.  No news here, folks, just keep on movin'.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »
Mikey your theory implies the major news agencies are involved in dissemination of the coverup and the conspiracy .

Please provide examples proving the liklihood of AP and Reuters being mouthpieces for the administration.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 10:04:28 PM »
<<Mikey your theory implies the major news agencies are involved in dissemination of the coverup and the conspiracy .

<<Please provide examples proving the liklihood of AP and Reuters being mouthpieces for the administration. >>

BT, I think you're losing it.  Happens every day.  Here's the first AP story I could find on Yahoo's home page, the lead is sourced 100% from the administration:

<<New charges for 3 Guantanamo detainees By MICHAEL MELIA, Associated Press Writer
<<48 minutes ago

<<The U.S. military prepared new charges Friday against three of the best-known detainees at Guantanamo Bay — a key step toward resuming the military tribunals for terrorism suspects that were halted by the U.S. Supreme Court last year.

<<Authorities drafted new charges — including murder, conspiracy and providing material support for terrorism — against Canadian Omar Khadr, Australian David Hicks and Salim Ahmed Hamdan of Yemen, said Air Force Col. Morris Davis, chief prosecutor in the Guantanamo war crimes trials.>>

I'd have to think more often than not that an AP or Reuters story about Iraq is straight from an administration briefing - - these guys can't be everywhere, they're not allowed to travel independently within the war zone as reporters were in WWII or Viet Nam.  They get the story first from a press briefing and they don't have the resources or even the inclination to cross-check each and every press briefing.

I don't have the time or the inclination to respond to a "find examples of water running downhill" kind of challenge, but if it interests you, why don't you try to find an AP or Reuters story that was NOT sourced from the administration.  THAT would be more of a challenge.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007, 10:29:24 PM »
The Jamal Huesien stories were not sourced by the administration. Nor were the reuters photoshop episodes.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »
Nobody would argue that the administration sources every single one of their stories.  My point was that there's nothing unusual in the administration sourcing their stories, and in fact IMHO the administration probably sources most of their Iraq stories.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »
Never said the admin never sourced stories. Said the AP and Reuters were not always friendly to the adminsitration, and they certainly haven't been.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 11:53:10 PM »
..on the basis that every single thing you ever posted is contrary to my opinion, can you honestly complain that I have IGNORED it?

Must have missed the OR part, as you pasted below.

<<when you're not demagoguing it with more opinion>>

Well, first of all, I don't think the rules of this club require me to stifle MY opinion while swallowing yours.  Why CAN'T I add my opinion to counter yours?  What special privileges do you possess that allow you to express your opinion and forbid me from putting up mine in opposition?

Somewhere you're going to have to find a reference that I made ever proclaiming that you shouldn't be allowed to provide an opinion, whether in opposition or not.  You see, this is another, in a long line of misrepresentation efforts on your part.  When getting clocked, try distraction.  On the contrary good Tee, I emplor you to broadcast your opinion.  Yours is so far off base, and so disconnected from rational minds, it's pure grade entertainment quality stuff that absolutely bears repetition.  As I've said many a time, some of your pieces are priceless.  You're apparently getting me confused with folks on the left like Lanya & Brass, who proclaim opinions that don't agree with as hateful, hurtful, hate speech even.  Need garbage like the "Fairness Doctrine" to reign in those terrible lying opinions, so people aren't led astray

when I do oppose your opinion, I try to do so with fact, logic and reasoning - - NOT as you imply "demagoguing" it with more opinion.

If only that were the case.  Demeaning insults abound, aimed at how bogus such opposing opinions are, minus any rational reasoning is the norm.  The whole Bush lied us into war diabribe being a perfect example

Maybe you can find a post where I told anyone - - without ANY supporting fact or logic - - this is my opinion and it's right and yours is wrong.  SHOW ME.  Put up or shut up

Most of the time, the arrogant tone in nearly every one of your opinionated diatribes proclaims such.  But recently we received this priceless gem; "Generally speaking, the way it works is, he's wrong if he's on the wrong side of MY opinion"

I always buttress any opinion I express in here with fact and/or logic and/or reasoning.  

Alas, as earlier referenced, if that were only the case.  The closest we can get to accurate is that you always think you're right, regardless of facts and/or logic and/or reasoning to the contrary
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:56:06 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2007, 02:10:29 AM »
Nobody would argue that the administration sources every single one of their stories.  My point was that there's nothing unusual in the administration sourcing their stories, and in fact IMHO the administration probably sources most of their Iraq stories.

Not saying that USA Today is AP.

http://www.warandpiece.com/blogdirs/005596.html
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2007, 10:21:51 AM »
Lanya what was the point of your post?

That Iran is not supplying enhanced IED's?

They are, but we don't know what percentage?

They are, but so what?

or DOD should have those figures at the tip of their tongue?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »
<<The whole Bush lied us into war diabribe being a perfect example>>

Stating a truth that is not only obvious but accepted by most thinking people even in your benighted country is a perfect example of what?  Of telling the truth?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »
<<The whole Bush lied us into war diabribe being a perfect example>>

Stating a truth that is not only obvious but accepted by most thinking people even in your benighted country is a perfect example of what?  Of telling the truth?

LOL....as I said, perfect example of how you always think you're right, regardless of facts and/or logic and/or reasoning to the contrary. 

AAhh, and smooth move in avoiding my demonstrating precisely where you implied I lied about how so right your opinion is compared to everyone else.                 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »
<<AAhh, and smooth move in avoiding my demonstrating precisely where you implied I lied about how so right your opinion is compared to everyone else>>

Afraid you lost me there, sirs.  I implied that you LIED about the rightness of my opinion?  You must be confused, as usual.  How could anyone lie about the rightness of my opinion, which in itself is also just an opinion?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »
<<AAhh, and smooth move in avoiding my demonstrating precisely where you implied I lied about how so right your opinion is compared to everyone else>>

I implied that you LIED about the rightness of my opinion?  You must be confused, as usual.  How could anyone lie about the rightness of my opinion, which in itself is also just an opinion?

Apparently reading for comprehension isn't as strong as your opinion of your opinion.  It's ok.  We're used to it by now.  Everyone else can scroll up and see precisely what you claimed you don't, and my demonstrating precisely how you do