Author Topic: A Hate Crime  (Read 10912 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Hate Crime
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
The Malvinas are clearly Argentine, but the people who live there want them to remain affiliated with the UK.

All over Argentina, on many highways, there are signs along the road that declare "Las Malvinas son Argentinas" (The Falklands are Argentine).

I did see one that was defaced and proclaimed "Las Argentinas son de los pingüinos" (The Falklands belong to the penguins).

Things are pretty bad in Argentina. The hostel where I stayed that was always booked weeks in advance, sent a message that they are going out of business, because it was no longer profitable. It was supporting six couples and their families from 2000 through 2010.

Nothing will come of this, there will be no war.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:36 PM »
I hope they don't need a war .

But there are at least a billion dollars worth of fishing rights there every year.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:50:54 PM by Plane »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
There is speculation that there is oil offshore as well.

Argentina is not going to attack the UK again, and the UK has no reason to attack Argentina. They will shake fists at each other. Actually, both sides have a claim to the islands. The veterans of that war are still protesting poor treatment by the government: they were camping out in front of the provincial government buildings in Corrientes and Resistencia and probably other places as well.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."