Author Topic: "Gun Map" Newspaper in Circulation Free Fall! - Ha Ha Ha Ha!  (Read 744 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Gun Map" Newspaper in Circulation Free Fall! - Ha Ha Ha Ha!
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:20:07 PM »

"Gun Map" Newspaper in Circulation Free Fall 

by John Nolte

7 Jan 2013

Buried at the bottom of a New York Times piece might be the real reason to explain why New York's Journal News did something as sensationally stupid as publishing the names and addresses of over 30,000 legal gun owners living in two New York counties. In just five years, the Journal News' Monday through Friday circulation rate has plummeted almost 40%, "from 111,536 in September 2007 to 68,850 in September 2012."

What the paper did with respect to law-abiding gun owners might have been morally wrong, and it most certainly created a ripple of consequences no reasonable person would consider positive, but this fit of left-wing journalistic activism did win the Journal News some national infamy. And if we've learned nothing else during this 21 Century-era of reality TV, it's that immoral behavior can have its rewards -- especially when that immoral behavior is directed at something the Left despises, like law-abiding gun owners. 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/01/07/Gun-Map-Newspaper-In-Circulation-Free-Fall?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BigJournalism+%28Big+Journalism%29
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: "Gun Map" Newspaper in Circulation Free Fall! - Ha Ha Ha Ha!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »
The lunatic left is trying to make mere gun ownership akin to smoking.  Everywhere you turn, its not how the gun was used, it's simply that it exists.  That its existance is bad, and anyone that actively has one, or even wants one, is by design bad, and to me demeaned, even dare I say "targeted".  It's what's behind so many asinine references to gun nuts.  Ignorance feeds these folks.  The more ignorant, the more outlandish the claims of gun nuts
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »
n just five years, the Journal News' Monday through Friday circulation rate has plummeted almost 40%, "from 111,536 in September 2007 to 68,850 in September 2012."

===============================================
How resourceful of the gun nuts to inform the Journal's subscribers in 2007 about what the Journal was planning to do in December, 2012, so they could actually cancel their subscriptions BEFORE the newspaper published the addresses of all the gun owners.

With that sort of capability, at any moment we might expect to hear how they engineered the defeat of the Union Army at Gettysburg and the surrender of the Union in 1864.

Hell, I bet they could even pull a victory in Vietnam out of their bag o' tricks, with such time altering tricks. President Dole will be so proud of them.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »
I think the declining subscription might explain why they made such a bone headed move.

Will the approval of the people that agree with them improve their circulation enough to replace what they are about to loose in lawsuits?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »
How could they lose a lawsuit by publishing public information?

They couldn't,and they won't.

I know nothing about this newspaper,but I do know that newspapers are struggling because the younger generation does not read. This story has zero to do with the decline in subscribers before it was printed, that is just gloating by dummies.

I really doubt that this article will have any effect on crime one way or another, anyway.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."