Author Topic: More from Bill Whittle  (Read 1567 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: More from Bill Whittle
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »
This guy is just another annoying 'bagger creep.

Not even going to bother to unlatch the screen.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Those videos were uploaded specifically for you. So that you would have first hand knowledge of what the tea party people believe, with the end result of you tempering your uninformed blather.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 02:07:21 PM »
I heard his first stupid screed.

I will not waste my time with another.

To Hell with Bill Whittle.

Screw him, and screw the horse he rode in on.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:04:19 PM »
Fine

From here on in your opinion of the tea party  means squat.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »
I know all about those morons. It's not like Bill Whittle just invented them. It's not like they have not been ranting and raving their imbecilic crap for the past four years or so.

They are just patsies for the oligarchy, lumpenproletarians whose ignorance is the stuff of legend.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »
squat

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
I know all about those morons. It's not like Bill Whittle just invented them. It's not like they have not been ranting and raving their imbecilic crap for the past four years or so.

They are just patsies for the oligarchy, lumpenproletarians whose ignorance is the stuff of legend.

If you told me something about the history of Spain, I would take it seriously because I think you have done the reading.

If you told me something about Spanish accents I would take it seriously because I believe you have practical experience.

What have you done to fill out your opinion of the TEA Party?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 11:23:36 PM »
I read constantly, I watch a variety of documentaries on TV. I know what these jerks think they stand for and who is bankrolling them.  I do not need to see yet another dumbass youtube that tells me how wonderful it is to force me and everyone else to gamble their entire lives on a for-profit healthcare system that can exclude anyone it chooses based on what it considers prior conditions. I have read a bunch of nonsense from that Derbyshire clown that has been posted here several times, I have read the nonsense spewed by "Uncle" Tomas Sowell, and really, I have the right to reject yet another teabagger jerk paid by the Kochs and stuffed with crap.

I have lived in a country that has been constantly at war for no good reason during most of my life.

I am not going to debate youtubery, because it would entail transcribing this jerk's stupid prepackaged opinions
to debate them.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 11:29:35 PM »
I accept as your right , your refusal to believe anything you find unbelieveable.

I hope this does not shorten debate too much.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 11:48:05 PM »
The biggest lie that the 'baggers spread is that "free enterprise" is great because it allows competition. The fact is that there is nothing a capitalist hates more than competition.

Most Americans favor Coke over Pepsi, or vice versa. Yet there is not ONE restaurant that I have ever found that will allow their customers to have a choice. The restaurant gets huge discounts from one or the other for an exclusive sweetheart deal that excludes competition. The same is true for Sierra Mist vs. Sprite, and forget 7-Up they seem to be out of the loop entirely.

There are similar deals that exclude discounters like Marshalls from any mall that has a full-price department store like Macy's, or Bloomingdales. You will rarely see two chain stores selling the same stuff in the same mall. You cannot choose between Office Depot, Office Max and Staples. There will be only one of these.

Pharmaceutical companies have laws that protect them from generics.

Free Enterprise might be a good idea, but the fact is that is not what we have, only what fools think we have because of massive advertising campaigns filled with lies and deception.
All the gas stations in a zone will have exactly the same prices.  The Mobil, Shell, Exxon and Citgo on the same streets will have the exact same prices. If you travel 30 blocks to a different zone, you will see the same stations with higher or lower prices, but they will all be charging the same.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »
   That must be why small businesses like anti-trust laws.

Almost as much as consumors do.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 12:46:54 AM »
The small businesses that I know of are far less competitive than chain stores.

I have the grocery stores in my area psyched out with regard to specific items that I use regularly. The Presidente always has bananas for 33¢ a lb.,  and has them on sale for 25¢ at least once a month, but WalMart peddles them for over 58¢. Publix house brands are as good or better than the nationally advertised stuff, but Winn Dixie's Thrifty Maid brand likes to sell a lot of water in every can of veggies it sells.

Small businesses or not, there is not one restaurant in this entire country where you are given a choice of soft drinks. They obviously prefer money to the principle of free competition.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
Yes winn dixie does pack veggies heavy with water vs publix. Winn Dixies meat sale prices are always lower than publix meat sale prices. overall publix is more expensive than winn dixies but publix do not smell like day old out in the sun bologna.  I don't know why that is even the new winn dixies smell like that.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:34:48 AM by BT »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »
Publix has a system that filters and treats the air much better than the one that Publix uses.  Meat and vegetables all produce odors, even when fresh, and these merge into a characteristic smell. In Mexico, city markets are the norm, but are unheated and unairconditioned and at most they use fans to circulate the air, and they have this stink. This is a smell Mexicans associate with food sales and most markets in Mexico do not use any filters at all.

Winn Dixie spends a lot less on training its employees at keeping the store pleasant and making the customers feel comfortable, and it shows. They have been trying to improve and have improved somewhat, but I no longer darken the doors of the Dim Pixie, since they use these stupid customer loyalty card things, and they consistently have one price on the shelf (69¢) and another (89¢, for example) when you check out. If you complain, they send someone back to  check, since they will never believe you and everyone in the line (always a long line at the Dim Pixie) gets annoyed.

For cheap, I prefer Presidente and Bravo. Each has its own smell and more crowded aisles, but better prices on veggies (example 4 lbs. of potatoes for 98¢, compared to Publix' $1.99 to $2.99).

Publix has by far the best bakery. Expensive, but bakery bread is soooo much better, and I don't eat much bread, anyway).

Publix does not charge to use its ATMs with a debit card. Everyone else sticks you $2.00. Publix has nice restrooms, the Latino markets seem to be defying the health inspector. There is always a sign to wash your hands, but then there is no soap and there are no towels.