Author Topic: Nightime Reading  (Read 7475 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Nightime Reading
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:16:50 PM »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nightime Reading
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:32:24 AM »
I read it .

Very persuasive.

Do facts matter?

Anecdotes suggest that the writers of the assault wepon ban didn't bother to learn many facts , the pertanant thing for them was service to the emotion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:14:37 AM »
I concur with the both of you.  Good reading material Bt, and good deductions, Plane
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »
Notice the uproar we've had about high capacity magazines, when the Bushmaster wasn't even used in the Sandy Hook murders.  Now not a peep that it was simply handguns.  Notice also that many of these massacres that occured (in these gun-free zones), used standard firearms that were simply reloaded over and over, meaning again that this national rant about "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" is indeed emotion driven.

Some of the worst legislation, or in this case, executive orders, are rushed thru founded on nothing more than emotion
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »
................. when the Bushmaster wasn't even used in the Sandy Hook murders. 

Don't accept this as fact just yet.

It isn't important so much as a fact , as that it may be misleading.

The coroner should be able to distinguish the wepon used by examination of the wounds . Some bullets have certainly been recovered from the walls and floors.

The real importance of this question is nil. A few unarmed adults and any number of children would be very vunerable to any firearm .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »
The coroner should be able to distinguish the wepon used by examination of the wounds . Some bullets have certainly been recovered from the walls and floors.

Absolutely......9MM rounds are significantly different than the rounds coming out of a Bushmaster

The real importance of this question is nil. A few unarmed adults and any number of children would be very vunerable to any firearm .

I disagree......not on the point of how deadly a firearm is in the hands of a killer, but in that the whole issue of the Bushmaster was the rallying cry by the left and hard core liberal democrats to renew the ban on pseudo "assault weapons" & "high capacity magazines".  If the Bushmaster wasn't used at all, then the left loses alot of the emotional crediblity they were using in the 1st place

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »
Now that we know that the perp did not use a cruise missile in his massacre, we need to lift restrictions on private ownership of personal cruise missiles.

I hear that Jefferson's ghost was recently heard to express outrage at the current ban on sawed off shotguns.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »
Now that we know that the perp did not use a cruise missile in his massacre, we need to lift restrictions on private ownership of personal cruise missiles.

*DEFLECTION ALERT....DEFLECTION ALERT*    ::)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:24 PM »
I did not know that there was any restriction on personal ownership of cruse missle.

I do not know why there is any restriction on sawed off shotguns, but there is so my shotgun is full length.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
I did not know that there was any restriction on personal ownership of cruse missle.

If one were to take Xo seriously, you'd have to believe that at one time it was ok to have cruise missles, before Government implimented a ban on their personal use.     :o

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »

If one were to take Xo seriously, you'd have to believe that at one time it was ok to have cruise missles, before Government implimented a ban on their personal use.     :o

I don't know that they are banned, are they even leagally defined?

A sawed off shotgun is forbidden , probly because Clide Barrow had one , he also had BAR's that he stole from the national guard, he did for the second admendment what Larry Flint did for the first admendment.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:07 AM »
As I understand it, sawed off shotguns are banned because they are easily concealed and of course quite deadly. The sawed off barrel makes them effective only at close range, so they cannot be used to shoot ducks or geese.

I am pretty sure cruise missiles are illegal.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 02:13:03 AM »
I am pretty sure cruise missiles are illegal.

So why bring them up??  Did you catch some GOP politician or NRA spokesperson advocating the need that we be allowed to carry them??

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »
Notice the uproar we've had about high capacity magazines, when the Bushmaster wasn't even used in the Sandy Hook murders. 
===============================
Actually, it was.

But on Earth, not on Planet sirs

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »
Actually on Planet earth, news reports indicate the pseudo assault rifle was found in the car.  You have the report of the ballistics that show folks shot with the Bushmaster's rounds, that you'd care to share?

Oh, yea, and what's with the hyperbolic references to cruise missles??  Which "gun nut" thinks that restrictions for their personal use should be lifted??