Author Topic: Yea, opposing contraception is like opposing leukemia coverage  (Read 9244 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Yea, opposing contraception is like opposing leukemia coverage
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 12:32:01 AM »
Please. The first talk of secession came from your neck of the woods.

See the Hartford Convention of 1814 for details.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:30 AM »
Is there such thing as a church that includes no people?

Same question for corporations....

It is hard to imagine an opposite equivelent.

What if an anti gun organisation were forced to pay dues to the NRA?

Or  provide employees with guns as they were inclined.

That isn't precicely reciprocal, but it is pretty close.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 12:41:29 AM »
"It is an overreaching federal government. "

That's just redneck speak for states rights, the Civil War, and all that crap. 

BSB

You don't think that there can actually be an overreaching overcentralised government?

Don't think Lincon and the Union, think Lennin and the Soviet Union.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 01:10:15 AM »
NO, NO, NO....This is spoken out of ignorance.....not a personal insult, but to someone who is wholly uninformed.  An allergy can be a serious, if not a deadly diagnosis.  THERE IS NO MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS TO A WOMAN WHO WANTS TO BUY BIRTH CONTROL.  If they want them, they can shell out the few bucks for something.  THEIR CHOICE

I maybe reading this wrong, but as stated earlier a doctor is required to prescribe to prevent possible bad reactions to the medication. Also birth control pills are also prescribe for Non-contraceptive purposes . Meaning thier are unrelated medical reasons for it

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 01:38:48 AM »
Like.....................?  In other words, what are the medical diagnoses that would require the prescription of Birth Control?.....not related to birth control of course, since that's not a medical diagnosis, of any kind
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 02:00:11 AM »
Sirs??
The main post was about sanrda fluke . She's the rush limbagh target that started this talk about non-birth control use for the pill.

We talked about this when it happened .I'm could of sworeyou and I were disscussing it. I forgot the detail of it

http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/features/other-reasons-to-take-the-pill

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 02:54:58 AM »
For anyone that has a legitimate diagnosis of.........whatever, and a Dr. wishes to prescribe Birth Control pill or some similar prescription, to deal with that diagnosis, I have no problem with that.  (unless of course, its the mandating of a religious institution to provide it against their doctrine and counter the 1st amendment to the U.S. Constitution)

Otherwise, much of what you've posted as to "needs" are largely to lessen the issues of ...being a woman I guess.  It's kinda like taking aspirin to lessen the risk of a heart attack.  And as such, I have no problem either, if a woman chooses to purchase birth control, to lessen their risks of cancer, or uncomfortable periods, if that's what they have.  But again, if they're having "painful periods", that indeed could be a medical issue, and warrants whatever the Dr believes can address that condition

Just wanting Birth Control to help prevent the possibility of a birth is NOT a medical condition or diagnosis that justifies ANY forced coverage of it by any insurance agency, much less a Religious organization
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2013, 03:30:48 AM »
"See the Hartford Convention of 1814 for details"

Hell, Hartford is several hours SOUTH of here.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 08:04:23 AM »
That's fine . A lot of Mass People attended.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
This is where it gets iffy would the church be ok with it if it was used for non-contraceptive use. Insurance itself may not be as relfaxable. If the pill gets on the no coverage list it might not have a "unless clause" .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »
That should be up to the Church in question....not the Government.  As in their choice

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 01:22:23 PM »
The Georgetown policy of Sandra Fluke fame did cover the pills if prescribed for non contraceptive uses.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »
It should be up to the CITIZEN what benefits she wishes to receive.

Screw the Church. The Constitution does not guarantee the Church anything, nor should it.

The opinion of the Church is due to only one single, foreign person: the Pope. The US Constitution does not bestow the right of that one non-American, unelected foreign Church functionary the right to decide what benefits a woman should receive from her government.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
It should be up to the CITIZEN what benefits she wishes to receive.  The Constitution does not guarantee the Church anything, nor should it.

Listen to yourself......."wishes to receive"??  Since when does anyone have a right to receive anything??  Please, show me that in the Constitution.  And the Church is the foundation to religion, duly connected to the 1st amendment to the Constitution.  There is an ABSOLUTE GURANTEE afforded the Church.....as in ALL CHURCHES, not just the Catholic church

Screw the Church.

Yea, as in screw the Constitution.  But naaaaa, no hard core liberal here.  See, its statements just like this that keep validating my original references to your hard core nature.  I know plenty of liberals, many of them friends, who can talk objectively, make rational comments supporting their liberal postions, have spirited debate, and none of them tell me to "just screw the Church", or that gun owners are gun nuts   

BSB

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
The only religion the Catholic Church practices is the religion of self-aggrandizement.

BSB