Author Topic: The measure of a decent human being is how he or she treats the defenseless  (Read 24057 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: The measure of a decent human being is how he or she treats the defenseless
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
Ditto, though at least it's not some spewed vitriolic rhetoric aimed at another poster, which apparent doesn't pompt even a bit of annoyance, nor some nefarious stealth demand for an answer

Still annoying

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 01:59:30 PM »
To each, their own
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 05:39:07 PM »
And for legal/court purposes, when approximately is that??

===============================================
It is when God appears, presents his ID and proves He is the Supreme Being and Demiurge and then states precisely when he inserts the soul.

I don't see why you find this confusing.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »
Oh I don't find that confusing at all.  There will be no compromise by the Pro-abortion side, end of story.  Yea, I kinda figured the lack of a response, or in your case, a ridiculous response, validated that conclusion, and the title of the thread.......the measure of a decent human being is how he or she treats the defenseless

Thanks
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:20 PM »
When God reveals the exact moment during a pregnancy when He inserts an immortal soul, then that can be incorporated into the law. Until then, abortion should be the sole prerogative of the pregnant woman, since she must raise the child or decide its fate if it is born.

No sooner said than done .
Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+1:5&version=NIV

Sooner indeed by about three k years.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 10:02:34 PM »
Bah!

That is not the word of God, it is just the Bible.

Lots of wacko stuff in the Bible.

BSB

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
We're talking about the law here Mr. Plane. Not religion. There is a separation of church and state in this country. You can believe any mumbo jumbo you like but it when comes down to the law it means nothing. Abortion is the law of the land. Your religious beliefs only count in your house. They don't count under my roof, nor under the legal roof of this great nation. The point during a pregnancy at which it becomes illegal to have an abortion will be decided by the courts. Not by what someone wrote down in a book, long before this country existed, and some like to pretend is the word of a super natural being.

This isn't Saudi Arabia. This is a secular nation. A nation of laws. 

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
We're talking about the law here Mr. Plane....This isn't Saudi Arabia. This is a secular nation. A nation of laws

Funny you should mention that B.  Because the law here in the U.S. makes it painfully clear that the Government can NOT mandate that ANY religious organization, which the catholic church happens to be, any action that runs counter to their religious doctrine

That'd be the law of the land.  By all means, you may amend our constitution, if you feel so strongly about this.  Start whipping up members to bring about a Constitutional convention, and hey....you just might be able to amend the right to bear arms, while your at it.

Good luck with that

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »
SIRS....why does current law provide more protection to unborn turtles than unborn human beings?

Liberal moronic logic....no fine to kill an unborn human, but $20,000 fine to kill an unborn turtle!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »
SIRS....fine/imprison those disturbing/killing unborn eagles,
but hey kill unborn humans and it's ok!

This law, originally passed in 1940, provides for the protection of the bald eagle and the golden eagle (as amended in 1962) by prohibiting the take, possession, sale, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, of any bald or golden eagle, alive or dead, including any part, nest, or egg, unless allowed by permit  (16 U.S.C. 668(a); 50 CFR 22). "Take" includes pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb (16 U.S.C. 668c; 50 CFR 22.3). The 1972 amendments increased civil penalties for violating provisions of the Act to a maximum fine of $5,000 or one year imprisonment with $10,000 or not more than two years in prison for a second conviction. Felony convictions carry a maximum fine of $250,000 or two years of imprisonment.

http://www.fws.gov/midwest/eagle/protect/laws.html
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 11:40:23 PM »
Eagles are endangered. Humans are not. That simple.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »
SIRS....why does current law provide more protection to unborn turtles than unborn human beings? 

Liberal moronic logic....no fine to kill an unborn human, but $20,000 fine to kill an unborn turtle! 

fine/imprison those disturbing/killing unborn eagles, but hey kill unborn humans and it's ok!

Scary, isn't it.  And its those same folks that want to disarm us as well

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »
Bah!

That is not the word of God, it is just the Bible.

Lots of wacko stuff in the Bible.

You asked for it.

I found what you asked for.

Now I learn that you are the arbiter of Gods will and interpreter of Gods word.

Wern't you criticiseing the Pope the other day?

I didn't realise then that you were angling for his job.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 07:07:03 AM »
We're talking about the law here Mr. Plane. Not religion. There is a separation of church and state in this country. You can believe any mumbo jumbo you like but it when comes down to the law it means nothing. Abortion is the law of the land. Your religious beliefs only count in your house. They don't count under my roof, nor under the legal roof of this great nation. The point during a pregnancy at which it becomes illegal to have an abortion will be decided by the courts. Not by what someone wrote down in a book, long before this country existed, and some like to pretend is the word of a super natural being.

This isn't Saudi Arabia. This is a secular nation. A nation of laws. 

BSB

In answer to a statement that references God , I attempt a Christian answer.

So I do not feel chasened by your misdirected criticism, rather I ask that you attempt to provide the religious perspective that you feel answers the question asked.

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »

When God reveals the exact moment during a pregnancy when He inserts an immortal soul, then that can be incorporated into the law. Until then, abortion should be the sole prerogative of the pregnant woman, since she must raise the child or decide its fate if it is born.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:32 PM »
The government can NOT mandate that ANY religious organization, which the catholic church happens to be, any action that runs counter to their religious doctrine
==============================================
Gimme a break.

The government refused to allow Utah to enter the Union until the LDS abandoned polygamy in the 1880's. Luckily, God told the Mormon Prophet that polygamy was no longer to be allowed.

The citizens are protected by the Constitution. The wacko beliefs of churches are not.