Author Topic: Hartford Convention of 1814  (Read 7288 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hartford Convention of 1814
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 12:56:40 AM »
I have to suppose that the leftist attitude twards the TEA party is that they are too hated to talk to.

So they accept anything that is negative , no need to check.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 01:00:51 AM »
The tea parties, of which there were several, did not sign up members, so other than the leaders, it is not really possible to determine who was and who was not a sympathizer.

TEA supposedly means Taxed Enough Already, and Joe the ex-plumber was complaining about taxes that he would never have paid even if President Obama had passed his tax plan, and that is why I identify him as a 'bagger type.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 01:17:22 AM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 01:28:08 AM »
So what?

Did he sign up members? What does the Chicago Board of trade have to do with this or Joe the ex plumber?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 01:40:33 AM »
So what?

Did he sign up members? What does the Chicago Board of trade have to do with this or Joe the ex plumber?

I thought i would let you in on what started the tea party. That rant went viral and the rest is history.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »
There are a LOT of stupid old farts. The Tea Party is the Party of ignorant old farts, financed by rich old greedhead farts like the Koch Brothers.

I thought it all started with that ranting old lady at one of Rep. Castle's Town meeting, where she waved around her birth certificate and ranted about how she wanted her country back.

So far as I am concerned, it ended with poor old Clint debating the furniture.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
There are a LOT of stupid old farts. The Tea Party is the Party of ignorant old farts, financed by rich old greedhead farts like the Koch Brothers.

I thought it all started with that ranting old lady at one of Rep. Castle's Town meeting, where she waved around her birth certificate and ranted about how she wanted her country back.

So far as I am concerned, it ended with poor old Clint debating the furniture.

You are grossly misinformed. you might check out any videos of tea party rallies to get a better understanding of the demographics.

The tea party has no leaders. Sure their are those who tapped into the movement but primarily the tea party is a philosophy. And that is you can't tax your way to sustainability you must cut back runaway spending and grow the deficit away.

Much like how you manage your own fiscal affairs.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »
That is what they say. What it really is is a movement financed by the Kochs to starve the government into reducing the taxes, especially of the mega rich.

President Obama saved this country from a really major depression by priming the pump. The experts agreed that this recession would take seven years to recover from,and it is going away faster than predicted.

Most of the problems of this county have been caused by runaway MILITARY spending. We have bases all over the place that are not needed. We get involved in wars that were caused by idiots at the CIA. Fools like the Dulles brothers, dolts like MacNamara and Westmoreland, doofuses like Reagan and Olebush and imbeciles like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Juniorbush. We spend more on "defense" than the rest of the countries on this planet COMBINED. And every time we have a war, there are veterans that are maimed and must be supported, widows and orphans, refugees and billions pissed away on weapons and munitions.

I have no use for the teabaggers. They are ignorant and proud of it. They are puppets and unaware that they are being manipulated. They are misguided lumpenproletarians.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »
My guess is they have little use for you as well.

But in politics I think it usual to identify an "other" and blames the worlds ills on them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »
I do not blame the teabaggers for anything other than petrifying the government. They are too goddam STOOPID to do much other than constipate the government.

Again, I see the debate between the empty chair and Ol' Clint as their swan song. I am sure he is brighter than most of them. Which is not to say I think he should be running anything more complicated than his mouth. I do like his movies.

I have seen nothing at all to like about Tom DeLay or either Koch Brother. Why would a couple of old fools richer than God and older than the Brontosauri want to grab off even MORE money for their own greedy selves?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 12:55:52 AM »
I don't think Clint is a Tea Party member. He is more libertarian, like the Koch Brothers, plus he was invited to speak by Romney, who also is not Tea Party.

What i am finding hard to believe is you are so far off on your interpretations of current events.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 01:19:33 AM »
Like where?

The Tea Party wants to eliminate universal medical care, deport all the aliens, make everyone speak English, bust the unions and punish the teachers. They want prayer in the schools (it would be fun to watch them argue about an official prayer, though) and are in favor of guns everywhere.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 01:26:54 AM »
Like where?

The Tea Party wants to eliminate universal medical care, deport all the aliens, make everyone speak English, bust the unions and punish the teachers. They want prayer in the schools (it would be fun to watch them argue about an official prayer, though) and are in favor of guns everywhere.

No they want to eliminate run away spending and balance the budget, so their grandkids aren't saddled with 100k in debt before they take their first breath.

The tea party folks are not anti immigration, english only, anti union unless the unions interfere with a balanced budget, or particularly active in school board elections. I haven't seen anything about prayer in school. They do support the constitution as written. The constitution as written did not support mandates which is why Roberts called it a tax.

Where do you get your info?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 01:33:48 AM »
It is what I have heard alleged teapartiers say on TV and the radio.

I observe that when Cheney said "deficits don't matter", there was not one peep out of these clowns.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 01:43:14 AM »
It is what I have heard alleged teapartiers say on TV and the radio.

I observe that when Cheney said "deficits don't matter", there was not one peep out of these clowns.

Cheney said that before the tea party was born. Tea party started from that Santelli rant in 2009. Cheney wasn't in office then.

See what i mean about misinformation? I personally don't mind if you find the tea party philosophy odoriferous. I do mind if your findings are based on disinformation.