Author Topic: Effort building to change US pot laws  (Read 6580 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Effort building to change US pot laws
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 01:48:49 PM »
Smoking pot is almost certainly not good for your lungs. But it is less a problem than tobacco because the amount smoked is far far less. No one I have ever known  smoked 20 reefers a day, every day. Anyone who does is on a plane with those who eat 20 cheweseburgere or drink two liters of sweetened soda. Excess in almost everything is bad for you.

Those that worry about the effects of harmful products in pot smoke can use a variety of water pipes or use a vaporizer, which vaporizes the herb without actually burning it, which makes the smoke much less harsh.

No one has criminalized smoking tobacco, either. No one proposes imposing criminal penalties on those who grow, cure, or use tobacco.

I used to be a smoker, but the only effects of tobacco were:
(1) it gave me a slight amount of dizziness the first time I smoked every day. It was not especially pleasant, but not unpleasant, either.
(2) It made me cough a lot.
(3) It increased the probability of getting bronchitis. When I smoked tobacco, I used to get bronchitis almost ever year.
(4) It cost a lot of money, made everything smell pretty awful, and was habit forming.

I smoked cigarettes until I lived in Mexico. There I smoked Mexican cigarettes, Filtrones and Records, mostly. When I returned to the US, American cigarettes tasted funny (because in this period-1966-69- they started adding stuff to them, so I switched to smoking Cavendish tobacco in a filtered corncob pipe. In 1986 I quit, cold turkey.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »
I have a fatal pre-existing condition. everybody ,I give you  the rare chance to explain to me how obamacare is bad for me. I say this because until last year all insurance would not touch me.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
I have a fatal pre-existing condition. everybody ,I give you  the rare chance to explain to me how obamacare is bad for me. I say this because until last year all insurance would not touch me.

It may not be bad for you, but because everybody is now covered for pre-existing conditions they may not have, their and your rates go up. Now at first glance that may not seem so bad, but considering that some people do not have the luxury of having discretionary funds to cover these increases, and they are bound by law to remain insured, something has to give, whether it be a mortgage payment or food allowance or new clothes for the kids. So for you not so bad, for others well they feel your pain.

The auto insurance industry has riders that cover drunk and careless drivers SR-22 in this region, but in the infinite wisdom of the Obamacare administrators, healthcare does not offer that option.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »
Not to mention the millions of workers that will lose their medical coverage, thanks to Obamacare
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
Imagine being against pre-existing coverage? Ha ha. You must be nuts.

I'm happy for you Kimba.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 07:30:11 PM »

Maybe it isn't bad for you, I know a coupple of people it is definately good for.

But it is not just for you , for me there is no benefit at all and I expect the affordable healthcare act will have a negative  impact on most of us.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »

Who said that?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 03:28:18 AM »
Actually i do have the funds to cover it. My condition has been educational in many ways beside medical. I also learned some positive aspect of my life. No matter how bad financially i've gotten i never was broke. My cheap ways has served me well. I'll likly pay more on healthcare thn most people still but with insurance i'm confident i can handle it.

I do find it strange how many people i knw who are dead broke,but not me

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 03:51:12 AM »

Who said that?

It's the 'ol version on if you don't support more funding for schools, your "against children", if you don't support the left's version of gun control, your for the murder of children, if you don't support higher taxes on "big oil" or more EPA regulations, then you're obviously for air & water pollution.  It's amazing how if you don't support the left's specific know-better-than-the-rest of us feel good legislation or regulation, then you must be against whatever its supposed to be for
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
Typically demented opinions from sirs, as always.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »
LOL...as concluded from one of those hard core liberals, the post was referring to.  Not to mention his 99% wrong resume'

Here's a hint Xo.  Instead of just calling me more names, demonstrate how my opinion is supposedly "demented".  Are not conservative supportive of polluted air, dirty water?  Are not conservatives advocating that women must have children?  Are not conservative greedy bastards who care nothing of the poor?  Are not conservatives spiteful of children, especially those in Public Education?  Are not conservatives advocating that everyone carry a gun?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
The ones that you think inhabit my mind surely do.

But then, these are the symptoms of your dementia.

You claim you want less government interference, but then you want the government to tell women that pregnant women must be forced to give birth,and you want the Pope's opinion about contraceptives to trump that of taxpaying American citizens.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
Notice everyone how Xo not only started off with the name calling, then launched right into the pope strawman, and actually validating precisely my point...that he thinks conservatives, because they don't support the left's position on abortion, must want women to have children

Name calling, Hyperbole, and as usual, 100% wrong, all in 1 nice little package.

Thanks Xo

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
Right wing assholes want the government to tell women that they do not have the right to have an abortion.

Everyone knows this.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
Right wing assholes want the government to tell women that they do not have the right to have an abortion.

Everyone knows this.

Just so you know, i wish the government would stay out of the issue completely, but more importantly that they do not fund or support abortions with taxpayer monies, any more than they would support or fund rhinoplasty.