Author Topic: So...all that hot air that Obama was intimate with the Benghazi attack  (Read 4942 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So...all that hot air that Obama was intimate with the Benghazi attack
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »
I think they have offed a couple of Arabs that happened to have US passports.

I agree it would have been nicer to have arrested them.

No one asked for my opinion.

Too bad.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 10:20:04 PM »
Under what circumstance are Americans properly killed without trial first?

If the police were never allowed to shoot , just running from them would always be the best choice.

If the war against Al Queda has to stop using drones and targeting individuals , what is practical to replace this with?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 10:33:23 PM »
We have a guy in Southern California who has been tracked by drones, has killed 3 people and threatened to kill more, is he eligible to be vaporized by a drone, on orders from the President? or is he to be afforded the protections of the Constitution and the rule of law?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »
How certain are you that he is guilty?

If a drone were to see him in comission of a serious crime or getting away or even about to commit another murder.....

....And you were at the drones controlls, would you crash the drone into him ?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 10:39:18 PM »
I am not certain he is guilty, and that is the point of my objections to instant justice via a drone and sanctioned by one man.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »
During WWII my father shot at a lot of German citizens and a few Italians and French.

It is not likely that he was introduced to any of them first, I am certain that none got a trial first.

My Father was and Anti Aircraft firecontrollman and was part of the invasion of Sicilly , on one very sad occasion a flight of Army aircraft wandered off their assigned track and passed over the fleet , so they were shot up with heavy loss.

I am certain that shooting the US Army transports was an error and regrettable instance of fratricide, but no one got fired , in the course of war , shooting at the unidentified is ordinary.

All the other planes that passed over the fleet that day were German bombers, the faster these got shot the better for survival.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 11:08:53 PM »
Interesting story.

Renegade cop. US Citizen. Vaporize him, yes or no?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 11:59:34 PM »
I would imagine that this guy will be dealt with as armed murderers are usually dealt within the US. He will not be vaporized by a drone, but he is likely to be shot if he does not throw down his gun and surrender.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 01:02:13 AM »
Interesting story.

no
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »
Interesting story.

This is not an appropriate yes or no question.

Capture is preferred , but any means of stopping him is better than having him repeat his crime.

So ther are three real choices he surrenders ,a nonleathal attack stops him or he is stopped by a leathal attack.
All these three are Yes-get him, what would be NO-, ... ignore him he will go away?

It is hard to surender to a Drone , but other than that I don't see why a drone is a lot diffrent than a rifle.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 01:18:21 AM »
I think if he shoots at an officer, and the officer shoots back with a rifle, that's self defense.  All the better if we can save the tax payers some dollars.  The drone however is literally judge, jury, and executioner.  I understand what Bt is referring to, and would tend to agree with him on this.  A known/confirmed American citizen does get the luxury of Constitutional protections & due process. 

That said, an American citizen that knowingly recuses their ties to the U.S. or takes up arms with a foreign enemy against us....then drones away
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »
On numerous occasions, murderers have been gunned down without being specifically requested to surrender. Probably most of them were mentally disturbed like that guy that was holding the kid hostage in Alabama. Of course, true insanity is vastly different from legal insanity, which always seems to involve being to hire a very expensive lawyer.

If they had sent a drone to take out the same guy, the result would have been identical. However, it would have been creepier and would therefore have been a really dumb thing to do, as it would cause great expenses to be paid for hearings and all that crap. It would have therefore been economically and politically inefficient.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
On numerous occasions, murderers have been gunned down without being specifically requested to surrender. Probably most of them were mentally disturbed like that guy that was holding the kid hostage in Alabama.  If they had sent a drone to take out the same guy, the result would have been identical

On those rare occasions, its ususally someone running or shooting back, or in your above scenario, a person barricaded in a shelter.  We're talking about picking an unsuspecting target, determining its guilt, and then obliterating them, as they walk their dog, or driving their car to the post office.  FAR from "identical"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
We're talking about picking an unsuspecting target, determining its guilt, and then obliterating them, as they walk their dog, or driving their car to the post office.  FAR from "identical"

===========================================================
since when has this happened in the US? N E V E R.

Who were the postoffice visiting, car driving, dogwalking individuals that were obliterated you are talking about, anyway?

I know of no such people. I bet they are fictitious.

Who are you to tell me what I am talking about, anyway?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 04:09:47 PM »
We're talking about picking an unsuspecting target, determining its guilt, and then obliterating them, as they walk their dog, or driving their car to the post office.  FAR from "identical"
===========================================================
since when has this happened in the US? N E V E R.

Not talking about geography.....we're talking about U.S. Citizenship.  You're the one who brought up the fella in Alabama, as some example of using a creepy drone.  Point being that your examples and what's being discussed, in how drones are being considered used, are no where near identical