Author Topic: Presidential Madness  (Read 816 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Presidential Madness
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:00:24 PM »
We all know the President and his minions will be pulling every sob issue known to generate the max amount of emotion to paint the current imminent sequestration that HE ORIGINALLY PROPOSED, as going to cause ever conceivable bit of Hell to come forth, be it the releasing of criminals, to firing Air Traffic Controllers, to firemen not being able to get to your house on time, all because those dastardly republicans won't go along with more tax increases, but even the left leaning Woodward isn't having any of this-------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Woodward blasted President Obama on Wednesday morning for deciding to recall an aircraft carrier from the Persian Gulf because of impending budget cuts, calling the decision "a kind of madness."

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying ‘Oh, by the way, I can’t do this because of some budget document?’ Or George W. Bush saying, ‘You know, I’m not going to invade Iraq because I can’t get the aircraft carriers I need’ or even Bill Clinton saying, ‘You know, I’m not going to attack Saddam Hussein’s intelligence headquarters,’ as he did when Clinton was president because of some budget document? Under the Constitution, the president is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the president going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country. That’s a kind of madness that I haven’t seen in a long time"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Presidential Madness
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:11:06 PM »
I really do not care whether there is a carrier in the Persian Gulf or not.

I think the President is doing an EXCELLENT job and that the Republicans and 'baggers should just tuck their tails between their legs and go a-whimpering off.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:34 PM »
I really do not care whether there is a carrier in the Persian Gulf or not.

Of course you don't

I think the President is doing an EXCELLENT job

Of course you do. 

and that the Republicans and 'baggers should just tuck their tails between their legs and go a-whimpering off.

Of course you would.  Cooaide must taste real sweet, by now.  Almost intoxicating I bet

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »
You would be the expert on Kool Aid, not me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »
Well considering I'm the far more objective member in this 1 on 1, the flavor of Obama can do no wrong, is doing an "excellent" job kool aid is all you      8)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 02:14:05 AM »
Well well....apparently folks in the MSM aren't supposed to stray from the reservation
-----------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Very Senior' White House Person Warned Me I'd 'Regret' What I'm Doing

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.

"It makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters, 'You're going to regret doing something that you believe in,'" Woodward said.  "I think they're confused," Woodward said of the White House's pushback on his reporting.

Earlier today on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Last weekend, Woodward called out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.

Pretty thin skinned stuff

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »
There is ALREADY one carrier in the Persian Gulf. Why would they need two?

Iran has no significant Navy and neither does anyone else.

Woodward has a right to his opinion. Debating reporters is not part of the President's job description.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
There is ALREADY one carrier in the Persian Gulf. Why would they need two?

To pull an Xo, what makes you some military deployment expert, for the Persian Gulf??  Maybe you missed the part where the Carrier was being pulled NOT because they didn't need it, but because of some "budget issue"

Debating reporters is not part of the President's job description

But threatening them is apparently.  Not to mention it wasn't a call for the President to debate Woodward himself.  But cudos on the deflection effort

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
"threatening?" 

"you will be sorry" is hardly a threat.

That was not any sort of threat.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 02:30:23 PM »
"threatening?" 

"you will be sorry" is hardly a threat.

That was not any sort of threat.

LOL.....right.  WH, the most powerful body in the country, able to unleash any agency, be it the Justice Dept, the FBI, etc.,  tells you you're GOING to regret your actions, and that's not to be taken as "any sort of a threat".  Good thing you're not an attorney