Author Topic: Truth to Power  (Read 2409 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Truth to Power
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:31:06 PM »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Truth to Power
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »
ACLU Backs Paul's Filibuster   

by Ben Shapiro

6 Mar 2013

On Wednesday afternoon, Christopher Anders, Senior Legislative Council at the American Civil Liberties Union in Washington D.C., spoke with Breitbart News exclusively about Senator Rand Paul's filibuster of the John Brennan nomination to CIA director over the administration's failures to answer questions about domestic use of drones. Anders backed Paul to the hilt, and was highly critical of the Obama administration.

"It's certainly a courageous and historic effort by Senator Rand Paul and his colleagues, who are now increasing in numbers and coming to the fore in support of his filibuster," said Anders. "The information Senator Paul is looking for goes to the very core of what the US is and who Americans are as a people." Anders pointed out that the information Paul seeks is easy for the administration to hand over "it ought to be a no-brainer," he said. "It ought to be upsetting for everyone, all Americans of both parties, to not be able to get a straight answer to what is a very straightforward question from Senator Paul."

Anders went on to explain that the Department of Justice could post the legal memos in question on the internet within an hour, or Xerox them and send them to the floor of the Senate. "The American people have a right to know," said Anders. "Senator Paul is right to push for that information and I think he's doing a very good job of exercising his constitutional duty as a member of Congress in our system of checks and balances to help serve as a check on the executive branch, on the president."

Anders called the administration's stonewalling "inexcusable." The standards apparently applied by the administration, he continued, "are not standards recognized by any court in the land, any court anywhere in the world".

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/06/Exclusive-ACLU-backs-Rand

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:13:01 AM »
Rand Paul does not care on e whit about drones.He is just a chickenshit 'bagger playing to baggerdom.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:32:05 AM »
Predictably off target.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 02:01:11 AM »
Yep      :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
A  disreputable 'bagger masturbating 'baggerdom, that is Rand Stupid Paul.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »
Drone killing of US citizens has nothing to do with the tea party.

Why does Obama hate Americans?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 02:56:26 PM »
I have never seen any indication that he hates anyone.

The Obama that dwells in your head hates you and your ilk because you are True Patriots. But he is only a spoiled figment of your infected imagination.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 03:50:48 PM »
I have never seen any indication that he hates anyone.

The Obama that dwells in your head hates you and your ilk because you are True Patriots. But he is only a spoiled figment of your infected imagination.

Paul would not have filibustered if he had received  a straight answer concerning drones from Obama or his administration.

The rest of your post is nonsense. prejudicial and completely off the mark.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »
Paul and fellow moronic 'bagger Ted Cruz  aka El Latino Falso think they were elected to be a nuisance to the President,and their credibility is nil. Any stupid issue is enough to set them off. One can only hope that Rand the Stupid has damaged his bladder with his imbecilic grandstanding.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 07:01:45 PM »
Paul and fellow moronic 'bagger Ted Cruz  aka El Latino Falso think they were elected to be a nuisance to the President,and their credibility is nil. Any stupid issue is enough to set them off. One can only hope that Rand the Stupid has damaged his bladder with his imbecilic grandstanding.

Why do leftists hate the constitution?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 07:26:55 PM »
Been asking that question for years now.  Haven't gotten closer to any rational answer yet
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
Why do leftists hate the constitution?

Because basically it was a document written to stop control freaks.

Control freaks are not going to like anything that limits government...that limits control freaks.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
REPUBLICAN INSIDER:
"Out With The Old And In With The New"

by Ulsterman on March 7, 2013

A written message received from our Republican Insider indicates a significant shift within the Republican Party is now fully underway, a shift R.I. promised us months ago was coming'a shift symbolized by Senator Rand Paul's dramatic filibuster yesterday of the Obama administration?s continued drone obsession. "Out with the old and in with the new."

(Senators Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are among a growing number of dynamic and more conservative members of the Republican Party)

Did you enjoy the coverage yesterday?  Woooo-hoooo!

I don't want to make too much out of the wonderful work done by Senator Paul and others involved in the filibuster, because there's a lot more work to do and the push back from the party leadership is already underway.  Thing is, and this is what gets me so excited about the future of the party, is that this new crop of conservative Republicans doesn't give a damn about getting along with the leadership.  And this attitude is now becoming a fixture within the Senate.  Historically you've always had some outlier members of the House, the two-year election cycle allows some interesting characters to get in there, but the Senate is normally a much more moderate institution not prone to the quick political changes that can transform the House.

Suppose I could say "I told you so about what was coming inside the party.  Well, how about I go ahead and do that, I told you so!  And do you remember our very first interview when I described myself as a "libertarian leaning conservative"? And look who showed up yesterday and took the national spotlight away from the president! Love it!

This is a lot more than just about Senator Paul or Senator Cruz or the others who joined them.  It really is about a tyrant sitting in the White House.  And that is what Barack Obama is.  He is President in title only.  With the help of his own political party that is now fully controlled by the most radical element in the history of American politics, and more help from the media, Barack Obama is a full on tyrant.  If history were truthful, that is how he would be described.  He continues to shred our Constitution right down the middle but yesterday, God bless him, Senator Paul stood up against a tyrant and in the process, helped to get the American public paying just a little more attention and asking a few more questions that point to the very soul of the United States.  Some people will read that and say I'm exaggerating, but I'm telling you, that is what yesterday was about.  It was a start to a process that has finally started inside the GOP, and hopefully will spread across America.  Will we be a country that puts people and their freedom first or a country that puts government and its authority first?  We've been picking the latter for the last twelve years.  (Yes, I'm lumping the GW years in there too.  I have said it before and I will say it again, we would not have Barack Obama without first having the GW Bush years.  One allowed the other to happen.  Sorry if that offends some Bush supporters but that is the reality of it.)

Today I am sensing a shift on the Hill.  Even the Dems are noticing it.  The Republican Party is going through some growing pains right now, but what will be left is a much stronger party that is going to appeal to a lot more people across the country, and I've had more than a few Dems tell me they are already backing away from the Obama years because they know a voter backlash is coming.  They know that more people are going to start talking about what was really going on in that White House.  The question they are facing right now is if they will back away before 2014 or after 2014?  I don?t care either way because the way the Republican Party is already transforming itself, and let me make a great good news prediction for you right now, I am feeling very good about 2014.  We are looking to pick up another 8 to 12 seats in the House and up to three in the Senate. Not quite enough to take back the Senate, but enough to cripple Reid's leadership which ends after 2014.  Yes, that's another prediction.  Harry Reid's leadership will be challenged and even if he hangs on, he will be damaged enough that his influence will be greatly reduced.  So that will also mean Barack Obama's Lame Duck status will be secured as we then go from 2014 into 2016 with a leaner, meaner, and much more prepared Republican Party than what we saw in 2012.

If you go back and research political history, what we have right now in the GOP is very similar to what we had in 1977 where old ideas were new again. Ronald Reagan was the one to push those ideas back into the light.  Make them popular with the American public again.  That is very similar to what is going on right now.  The fight will be a bit tougher due to an even more pro-liberal Mainstream Media, but yesterday you saw an example of another thing I've been saying the party must do a better job of and that is coordinating a new media response.  Senator Paul utilized social media as good as anyone has done in recent memory and the message bypassed the old media filter and went directly to the American people and those people embraced that message!  Let the old guard sit around a table with Barack Obama and pretend they are still relevant.  Senator Paul was LEADING, and isn't that what so many Americans are really craving now? Even liberals sense they have been without real leadership in this country for too long.

It's out with the old and in with the new.  Senator Paul, Senator Cruz, Senator Mike Lee, Senator Jerry Moran, Senator Rubio, Senator Cornyn, Senator Chambliss, Senator Flake, Senator Toomey, Senator Scott, and a whole list of others who indicated their support for the filibuster represent the NEW Republican Party.  And people should also note that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was part of the effort as well.  He is facing re-election and is following the lead of the JUNIOR senator from Kentucky.  Talk about a great symbolic example of the old guard giving way to the new guard!

I also want to point out another Senator who helped out yesterday that should have received a lot more media attention for doing so.  Senator Mark Kirk who is still recovering from a serious stroke walked over to Senator Paul after he had been speaking for over six hours and set an apple and thermos next to Senator Paul.  Of all the words and players who participated in yesterday's filibuster, that was the moment that really moved me to tears and made me believe even more in the future of this party.

And we finally have more Americans talking about the president's drone program.  How great is that?  How important is that?  A big hat tip to WHI who I know was presenting you with this information last year and saying how dangerous President Obama's "drone obsession" was.  His warning is getting a lot more attention now thanks to Senator Paul's filibuster.

It was a good day and I really feel there are LOTS more good days to come.  It won't be a perfect ride, and there will be some screw ups along the way, but I am convinced the Republican Party is finally moving in the right direction again.  I love my job!

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/03/07/republican-insider-out-with-the-old-and-in-with-the-new/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:49:06 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »
I disagree with Rand Paul this time , but I am flowing with admiration for his highly effective and coragious philibuster.

Today he actually got the specific answer,he specificly asked for.