Author Topic: Newsflash  (Read 12315 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newsflash
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »
Grant wrote a book about his life and times and presidency,Lincon did not , is there a rational reason for this?

-==========================================================
Of course there is.

Grant was destitute and dying of cancer and wrote his autobiography to support his wife after his death. Grant was a very good writer. Lincoln was assassinated before he had a chance to write anything. Odds are that had he lived, his wife would have made it very difficult for Lincoln to have written anything. Mary Todd Lincoln was barking mad.

Jesus chose the time and place of his death. he could have written his Gospel and THEN done his crucifixion thing. He was in his 30's. Lincoln was in his 60's.

Jesus could certainly have saved more souls had his message been clearer. None of the four Gospels is more than a spotty set of memoirs and there are contradictions between them. We still do not know the exact year. month or day of his birth, though both the Jews and the Romans kept precise records of such things.

More people have heard of Coca-Cola than have heard of Jesus.  Coca-Cola makes no claims to be divine or to be omnipotent, and in less than 125 years, it is better known than Jesus.

Most of Europe was converted to Christianity by war, conquest and violence,and rather a few really stupid legends.

If Jesus had had a more effective message, no one would have paid much attention to Mohammad. 

As for saying that Jesus should have had a gun, I was simply poking fun at your stupid crap about how guns make everyone safer.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
And FACTS point out that guns, in the hands of responsible owners, DO make everyone safer
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:27 PM »
So then Jesus, being a member of the group "everyone", would have been safer had he been packing heat.

Everyone in Japan is far safer from being shot than everyone in the US and only a few responsible officials there are armed.

Your "fact" is nothing more than a belief. Like your belief in angels.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
Irrelevent Professor Strawman.  Jesus did not live in America, nor did he need anyone, much less himself packing anything, if he wanted protection.  Nor is anyone advocating that "everyone" be packing.  Nor is this Japan

Wow, let's line up that strawman army.  You realize ignorance is pretty much a choice at your age.  A 3 year old wouldn't be able to grasp current facts and reality.  You can, you simply choose not to.  Embrace your ignorance, I suppose
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »
You certainly are an expert on embracing ignorance, I will give you that.

Apparently, when you say "everyone" it has a different meaning, and refers only to Americans in 2013.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 07:04:45 PM »
Actually if I were to say "everyone", it would mean "everyone".  You have a different definition, do you?

What did I warn you about conflating?  Best cease Professor Strawman, and focus on something specific, that's actually relevant.  Your erroneous opinion and name calling is neither

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »
So everyone includes Jesus, then?

Jesus would have been safer had "responsible gin owners" been packing heat all along the Via Dolorosa?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
Professor Strawman strikes again.  Just remember who keeps referencing "everyone".  Here's a hint, it's not me

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
So everyone includes Jesus, then?

Jesus would have been safer had "responsible gin owners" been packing heat all along the Via Dolorosa?

That is an interesting notion.

If the common man of Juda had been very well armed , perhaps better armed than the armys of Rome or the puppet government of Herod, I am quite sure that the problem with Romans crucifying someone every few days would have been mitigated pretty soon.

I am not at all sure that the people then would have done better for themselves , seeing that we have plenty of wepons and are not doing all that much better.

If Jesus himself had of been given a pistol , I don't think he would have used it , his mission included being crucified  so he did not use the power he already had to turn everyone in the neighborhood into a pillar of salt and allowed his crucifixion to happen.Giving God a pistol doesn't increase the total of Gods power appreciably.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 01:09:49 PM »
Jesus performed relatively few miracles. He showed no signs whatever of being omnipotent. The idea that he was God's actual son was not in keeping with what the Messiah was supposed to be, either. He did not directly claim to be the Messiah. He did not claim to be the flesh and blood Son of God, either. All that, as well as the Holy Spirit and Trinity, was devised AFTER Jesus was crucified.

I never understood why Judas was  vilified so much, since he was simply acting to fulfill an assumed prophecy. His suicide (if indeed it occurred) was premature.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »
Who are you thinking of with a greater count on miracles?
Jesus knew the tomorrow as surely as most of us know yesterday.

I really can't explain the Trinity ,I need a better breifing myself.

But Jesus did make his role in the picture quite clear;"John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
 John 14:5-7

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=way+truth+and+life&version1=NIV&searchtype=all

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
 John 14:5-7

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."
John 10: 16.

This is why there needed to have been a Gospel of Jesus. Except, of course, for the habit Jesus had of speaking in confusing parables.

If Jesus is the way, then are we all supposed to be wandering mendicants? I suggest that a planet in which everyone is a wandering mendicant would be a pretty grim place.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 09:26:49 PM »
Jesus himself is the way, and not his lifestyle.

Jesus told his followers that he spoke in parables to confuse people like you, they are clear as crystal when you are blessed with the answer.

By the way , most of the parables are repeated in the clear a few passages later, but without the blessing you will not understand that either.
Matthew 13
10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+13&version=NIV

While you see contradiction and confusion , I am observing a miracle occuring , right here and now.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
Miracles, now?

Balderdash!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »
Miracles, now?

Balderdash!

You do not think it a miracle ?

I havn't half the education , especially in language arts , that you do , but just as Jesus predicted I understand these parables easily because i pray for the understanding and you find them confusing because you arn't asking for the permission.