Author Topic: Newsflash  (Read 12381 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newsflash
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
"Transubstantiation" thank you, I was trying to remember that term.

This is (I think) one of the disagreements between the Catholic Church and the Prodestant.

Symbols have power in being symbols , there is meaning carried in the symbols that is spoiled in literalism.

Jesus at the occasion of the last supper handed out bread and wine , he didn't open a vein or carve a steak off of himself , the "cannabolism" aspect of this seems to have distracted XO from the meaning that the symbolism is for.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »
Indeed
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:54:52 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
Ritual cannibalism is not the same as actual cannibalism. But the Holy Mother Church claims that the communion cookies and the wine actually DO miraculously change into Jesusmeat and Jesusblood. I personally do not believe this and imagine that a specter analysis would find that no miracle had taken place.

But that is not the point. It is ritual cannibalism.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »
.....not in any way, shape or form, sorry to say
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »
You are not sorry, either.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »
Your ignorance, knows no bounds, does it

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »
If semantics is the problem then I side with Sirs.

Ritual cannibalism would be having Fred for dinner with a lot of ceremony.

Symbolic cannibalism might be more like what you mean.

The symbols of Jesus blood and body are taken as acceptance of Jesus allowing his blood to be shed and his body broken on our behalf and for our benefit , Jesus actually did get killed , communion is acceptance of this gift.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »
Communion is clearly a ritual. Again, the Roman Catholic Church insists that the wine actually becomes Jesus' blood, and the communion wafers actually become his flesh, and this is a MIRACLE that occurs in every mass. It is part of Church dogma.  I did not say I believed it, because I do not. But I am a heretic. If you do not believe in the Miracle of Transubstantiation, so are you. Or so the Holy Mother Church has decided.

The idea that blood must be shed to get God to pay attention seems rather primitive. It used to have a useful purpose: you donated a sheep and got divine favors, and the priests, for their assistance, got dinner. That is why all the sacrificed animals had to be kosher. No one could sacrifice a fox, or a rat, or a croc, squirrel, toad, bat or armadillo, because that would be unacceptable as dinner for the priests. Not even a Great Wooly Mammoth would be adequate, due to a problem with its toes, which are not cloven.

The evangelical Christians and the ultra orthodox have joined forces to build the Third Temple, and have been trying to breed the sacrificial heifer for a long time: it must be a completely red haired heifer, without a single hair of a different color, that must be used as a sacrifice to dedicate or consecrate the temple.

The Book of Revelation claims that when Jesus returns, the Temple will be destroyed according to prophesy, but the problem is that there is no temple. All the Jews must return to Israel, so as to give Jesus one last shot at doing the Messiah thing before he admits the good Jews to Heaven and sends the bad ones who disbelieve off to Hell. But the Temple must be rebuilt or the prophesy cannot happen, they believe.

I would deem that this is unlikely, being as the Muslim Dome of the Rock is currently standing on that specific place. God may be everywhere at once, but apparently he is rather territorial about this as well as extremely picky in his choice of sacrificial livestock. The Rock, inside the Dome of the Rock, is allegedly the same rock where Abraham was told to sacrifice Isaac, until Jehovah said "sorry, Abe, I was just testing you: now go fetch yonder sheep". Luckily, Jehovah did not ask for a special red heifer, or perhaps Abe would have had to forget the whole thing, wandering about, scrutinizing cattle all over the place.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »
It's symbolic, nothing more, sorry to say

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
You are not sorry in any way, and it most certainly fits the definition of ritual and cannibalism.

You are too dense to see reality. That is why it is utterly useless to bother with posting any sort of information to refute the nonsensical bullcrap you spew.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »
.....not in any way, shape or form, sorry to say

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 03:11:04 PM »
It is an actual ritual , but you are letting the "cannibalism" distract you from the actual symbols involved.

Human beings are not Kosher animals , for sacrifice nor consumption. So Jesus obviously did not suffer from the excess of literalism that you do.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »
One of the main problems that Jews have always had with Christians is that communion is a violation of the dietary laws: Jews do not eat or drink blood of any kind, and as you say, humans are not kosher, you can tell by looking at your feet, which are neither hooves nor cloven. Maimonides wrote a rather pithy essay on precisely this point.

Actual bathing involves getting physically clean.Baptism is a ritual bath and involves neither scrubbing nor soap, and is therefore a ritual bath. Communion is ritual cannibalism, since the main purpose of eating for nutritional purposes is not involved. A ritual practice is by nature symbolic, but this does not mean that it is not a ritual as well. It is not a case of either/or. Baprtism and communion are both symbolic as well as ritualistic.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
One of the main problems that Jews have always had with Christians is that communion is a violation of the dietary laws: Jews do not eat or drink blood of any kind, and as you say, humans are not kosher, you can tell by looking at your feet, which are neither hooves nor cloven. Maimonides wrote a rather pithy essay on precisely this point.

Actual bathing involves getting physically clean.Baptism is a ritual bath and involves neither scrubbing nor soap, and is therefore a ritual bath. Communion is ritual cannibalism, since the main purpose of eating for nutritional purposes is not involved. A ritual practice is by nature symbolic, but this does not mean that it is not a ritual as well. It is not a case of either/or. Baptism and communion are both symbolic as well as ritualistic.

Very good !

Now as baptism is not actual bathing , communion is not actual cannibalism.

Nor is the symbolism of baptism a bath nor is the symbolism of communion cannibalism.

Unless you want it to be , then you can just forget that Jesus was very Kosher and thereby ignore what he was trying to say.

Lets not involve the Catholic Point Of  View until there is an actual Catholic available who wants to chip in, I have not enough briefing on this to fairly represent a Catholic POV.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »
I said it was RITUAL cannibalism.

Snacking on human flesh and blood is cannibalism, doing it as a rite, symbolic or not, is ritual cannibalism.

You do not need to be a Catholic to understand what I said about transubstantiation. You can look it up all on your own.