Author Topic: Newsflash  (Read 12365 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newsflash
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2013, 03:55:28 PM »
In reality, it is NOTHING cannibalism.  This is just some overt effort by a christian bashing non-believer, trying to pervert semantics, in order to compare Christianity to cannibalsm. 

Could you spend even half of this time and effort to perhaps try to back up the asanine claim that the housing market collapse was all Bank and house flip founded?  But perhaps you're spending all this time trying to irrationally play this semantic game because you can't back up your claims, so you're just going to perseverate on matters that don't require such.

FYI, you're not fooling anyone
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:45:54 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »
Here is what I know:

(1) It IS ritual cannibalism.

(2) You are too fucking stupid to realize this.

(3) Evidence is conclusive that you will remain too fucking stupid for the rest of your miserable, pathetic  life.

I was not and never have been trying to fool anyone about this or anything.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2013, 06:05:59 PM »
No, that is what you OPINE...all this energy to play semantics in order to try and trash Christianity, when you could put even half it towards backing up your own ignorant claims.  Sad, since you're only fooling yourself, at this point.  But hey, cudos on the 3rd grade insults.  At least that you've got a good grasp of.  So there's that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 07:19:54 PM »
Yea, and Judas went and hanged himself.

Go thou and do likewise.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
I have no need nor obligation, since I didn't betray anyone, much less Son of God.  But its great to see more examples of this hard core leftist compassion, inclusion and diversity     

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »
I said it was RITUAL cannibalism.

Snacking on human flesh and blood is cannibalism, doing it as a rite, symbolic or not, is ritual cannibalism.

You do not need to be a Catholic to understand what I said about transubstantiation. You can look it up all on your own.

You need better terms.
Actual dining on an honored person ,with a ceremony, is ritual cannibalism, this practice is connected with a prion disease in New Guinea. "The Laughing disease"

"Symbolic" is the term you are looking for.

But the whole thing is a distraction for you, Jesus really was not trying to say "EAT ME"  that is just silly. The symbolism is acceptance of the sacrifice of Christ, who was having himself treated as a sacrificial lamb.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »
BINGO

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 11:09:53 PM »
Of course he was saying "eat me". "Eat this in remembrance of me", Drink this in remembrance of me."

The whole idea is ridiculous nonsense from a time in which stupid was thought to be mystical, and is certainly nothing that makes any sense today.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 11:47:26 PM »
It's called symbolic, Xo.  Had Jesus asked his disciples to take some bites out of him, then you might have a leg to stand on, with this cannibalism crap

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2013, 09:44:06 AM »
Just suppose you were a follower of a contemporary religious leader, and after dinner he said the same things:

"This is my body, eat it in remembrance of me", and hands you a chunk of bread.
"This is my blood: drink it in remembrance of me", and pours you a glass of wine.

Remember that NO ONE KNEW at the Last Supper that it was the last supper. They all thought it was just a Passover seder.

Who would consider this to be any sort of normal behavior?

I think damn near anyone would have concluded that said preacher was barking mad.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
He hands me BREAD you say?  Hardly cannibalism now is it     ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
Hands you the BREAD and then says "This is my FLESH (meat): eat it in remembrance of me."

How would any normal person respond to such a statement?

Think about it: it is quite daft.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »
You're one of the last people that could speak on what's "normal" as a response, Mr insult master.  Point being, you weren't there, and indeed Jesus was expressing how he was to be betrayed that evening, so it can be easily deduced it was their last meal.  Many of his discples were confused and asked him for specifics, but he wasn't about to give them any.  They were just going to have to by FAITH

But cudos on trying to trash Christianity all the more, now implying how insane Jesus must have been.  You could have been Pilate's left hand man

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
According to the rather sketchy stuff written in the various gospels, the apostles had no idea that Jesus would be arrested, and Jesus gave them no clue, either. After he was dead, they mostly concluded that it was all over, until he appeared before them, and even then, Thomas required special proof, according to at least one of the Gospels. So much for their faith.

My point is that this was a rather daffy way of asking to be remembered. Martin Luther King did a better job of announcing his premonitions. Note that he did not ask anyone to eat any part of him, even symbolically.

Pilate supposedly tried to turn Jesus loose, asking the crowd to choose between him and a rather nasty criminal named Barabbas, and they chose Barabbas, for no specific reason. So much for his celebrity. Pilate apparently just did not want a rebellion by the Jewish authorities on his hands.

I am all for religious people being allowed to say anything they wish, anywhere they wish. This is not the same as believing them. I just think that they are harmless. And indeed, Jesus was no real threat to the Romans for decades after his death.

All I am saying is that with regard to the New Testament, people seem predisposed to accept any sort of illogical lunacy: that the Romans would require everyone to return to their birthplaces to be taxed, that demons can be cast out of a madman and into a herd of pigs, that Jesus will return "soon" and still wait over 1900 years later, that after Jesus reigns for 1000 years, he will turn the whole world over to Satan.

I am not anti-Christian, I simply am in favor of applying logic and sanity to everything I hear.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2013, 02:24:03 PM »
Your hard core leftist opinion on what is and isn't daffy, is duly noted, as is your consistent anti-christian bashing rhetoric