Author Topic: 11 Trillion Dollars? Cant we just give each $150K and send them home?  (Read 4323 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
China's leaders have managed to have an annual positive growth rate of 6 to 10% for the past decade.

No capitalist nation has EVER done this.

Being Communist and being copycats are entirely different things.

Mercedes and BMW are famous for innovations in cars, but Lexus beats them both on reliability, mostly by copying.

China has built a rapid train system in a fraction of the time that the Europeans required.

Rapid and steady development does not require a country to possess the latest technology, only the latest workable technology.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

I have the Lexus LS460L and there's more Toyota in it, and I don't mean that as a negative, than Mercedes. I don't think Lexus needs to copy any more. You're right though in that Lexus is more reliable but less technologically advanced.

BSB

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
True china may have a cultural hangup with technology but that article did not factor hong kong and taiwan. Totally different cultures that can easily tip the scale if china really want to catch up.

Also that article did not mention how easy it can be creative. Just be exposed to massive amount of reference data. Meaning travel and study art.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:

China's leaders have managed to have an annual positive growth rate of 6 to 10% for the past decade. No capitalist nation has EVER done this.

Ha! The ONLY reason China has crawled out from the shithole is BECAUSE they opened up to allow investment, technology, and international business to enter the Chinese economy. They have growth because they were so backward and slowly allowing more freedom. When we first started our company the first 5 years we won awards for rapid growth and expansion....sure we were doing well....but it's easier to grow rapidly when you start from nothing.

Would you rather have decades and decades of economic growth/prosperity like the US that puts you in the elite class of the UN's Human Development Index....or few years of rocket growth like China? There is simply no comparison! Tight economic control via Communism held China in the shitters and open free market pro business economics propelled the US to prosperity and innovation.

China has built a rapid train system in a fraction of the time that the Europeans required.

Obviously you did not read the article where it speaks exactly about China's "celebrated" high speed rail you refer to.....where they had to approach major high speed companies in Japan, France, Germany, and the UK.

"China's celebrated high speed rail network may be a case in point. Until 2003,the Ministry of Railways sought to develop high speed rail and track without foreign assistance, and in an official attempt to take on world bullet train manufacturers. But this indigenous technology initiative failed seemingly for many of the reasons suggested above, and was abandoned abruptly in favour of a "market access for technology transfer policy", which resulted in approaches to major high speed companies in Japan, France, the UK and Germany. The programme accelerated rapidly, with China buying the patents, but its suppliers retaining the intellectual property rights".
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
So what? They built the railroads and they did it fast, with no more disruptions than the Europeans had when they built their railroads.

What is the point? that the Chinese should develop a different alternative technology to build railroads?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I think the message is china will never be considered of notice to America. nation of failure always.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
China has done more in the past 20 years than the US did in 50 with regard to building infrastructure. Of course, they had absolute control of the labor market, they controlled all the resources, and could do things that no US government had the power to do.

But China's development has been exemplary.

The Phony Christian has been brainwashed. Not a lot of soap was required, I imagine.

I was not answering the question "would I prefer to live in China or the US"?

At the moment, the people who are running the US economy are simply importing crap from places like Bangladesh so they can quadruple their money. It is just a race to the bottom, and it is not good for most Americans. Certainly not good for all those 200+ Bengalis that died, either.

I am happy that the stock market is doing well, as I have money invested (none in Bangladesh or even China).
But capitalism is the only game that anyone can play, and the situation is that on study up on the rules and play or be played, like all those assholes buying CD's at 2%.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I find it funny believing china and india is too backward to figure out how to reverse engineer the tech being assembled there.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I find it funny believing china and india is too backward to figure
out how to reverse engineer the tech being assembled there.

thats exactly my point!
they cant do shit on their own
they have to "reverse engineer"...aka....copycat
why the hell cant they invent things?
why cant they be creative...instead of being a "cover band"?
instead of "reverse engineering" stuff....
how 'bout invent tons of life changing stuff in recent times?
oh sure they can assemble cell phones
oh sure they can reverse engineer a cell phone
but they'll never will be on par with American/Western World ingenuity....
until they trash the outdated failed theories of Commi-ism

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
dang this is my forth post hopes this makes it

How do you know china hasn`t made anything new? besides that. copying hasn`t exactly hurt japan or korea anyway. and their some of their products has exceeded U.S. made counterparts. cars for example.

you say innovation. but don`t forget development.

but don`t forget education in America  at this moment pushing math,science and computers for education but the tech companies are insourcing engineers with background beyond those core requirements ex. art and philosophy.
standard stuff from a british education.  I recall America used to have this kind of education.
foreign language,art,music, literature, subject today considered not even secondary.

It took me decades to figure out how incredibly important those subject are to everything else. I love science but will push philosophy and literature.

steve jobs was a philosophy student and his product are items no standard engineer would ever think of developing or want.

ipod,phone or pad didn`t have a card reader but only people with abit of tech knowledge would find it a bad idea. but most consumers don`t even care to used a card reader. apple is geared toward consumers. tech minded folks has no idea how a consumer thinks. I have a ipod and all I see is flaws but this is the most indemand item . my old mp3 is easier to use. I can totally understand how a philosophy student see something I don`t about the wants of people.

I remember along time ago I asked a engineer friend of to install office and he simply can`t understand why people would want it. now it`s considered standard to have office.  absolutely no concept of the needs of business or the average consumer. remember the big hassle about backwards compatabilty.

I`ll bet office2013 will have that issue.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:42:28 PM by kimba1 »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
How do you know china hasn`t made anything new?

I didnt say China "hasn't made anything new"....
They just are not very good at it or have not been very innovative in huge volume
at least not like free market democratic countries have shown to be
China is on their way to a free market economy
and they will get there one day..
like you said earlier in some ways they are more free market than we are
and thats a big reason why they are improving so fast....
Richard Nixon helped billions of people when he was first
in extending an open hand in a realistic way to China

BSB

I think the message is china will never be considered of notice to America. nation of failure always.

No, any thinking person knows that China very likely is looking at a bright future. They'll catch up on inventiveness. That takes time. You can't underestimate the advantage our secondary education institutions give us. China has to develop that.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It is indeed idiotic to credit Nixon with recuing China and putting it on the path to success.

First, it was Kissinger, NOT Nixon that came up with this idea. The intent had NOTHING to do with fostering development in China, and everything to do with guaranteeing that when Nixon threatened to bomb the Hell out of North Vietnem, laos and Cambodia, the Chinese would not intervene, as they had done in Korea.

It was Deng Xiaoping that was responsible for this, NOT tricky dicky or Kissinger.

The Chinese, of course, realized that there was no advantage in fighting the US in Vietnam.
They did not gain much in Korea, either, but in Vietnem there was no danger that they would end up with a prosperous capitalist country on their border.
The Chinese gained a veto seat in the UN and recognition of the PRC by the US. It was a no brainer for the Chinese.

The main reason the US did not recognize the real China as China up until Nixon, was the red baiting Nixon himself.

That is why they say "Only Nixon could have gone to China."

Has a Democrat done it, they would have been accused of being a Communist....by Nixon, Goldwater and the rest of the crypto Fascist GOP.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:

China may not overtake America this century after all

Doubts are growing about whether China can pass the US to become
the world's biggest economy this century amid warnings that the
country?s 30-year miracle is nearing exhaustion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/10044456/China-may-not-overtake-America-this-century-after-all.html

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
yeah but that only talks about china. what about the U.S. ? I pointed out problems with education today. How the requirements of decades past is quite abit higher than todays standards.

colleges todays are cited to have less variety of courses.