Author Topic: After Years of Republican Neglect  (Read 8069 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: After Years of Republican Neglect
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 02:30:27 PM »
Remember now, Plane is the guy that was advocating that the run of the mill soldier, sailor, or marine, should be able to walk around bases, in the US, with fully loaded firearms. That's how rational he is about military matters.

BSB

State in the clear why giving a soldier a wepon is a bad idea.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »
I am sure that our president knows how to pronounce "corpsman". Who the hell cares?

It is a lot harder to get a country OUT of a war than IN one. The President is getting us out of TWO wars. Has any president ever done that?

I think that the President is going to learn that a war may start when one side declaires it , but a war is not over untill both sides accept it, aaaaand ... he is learning this the hard way.

XO you answered the question in question much better than Barak Obama did, can you type fast enough to operate a teleprompter?  I see a good job for you where you fill a real need.

Touche', Plane      8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 03:59:46 PM »
There is no touché. Gimme a break. President Obama is vastly better than Juniorbush, and more to the point, better than Insane McCain or Moneybags Romney.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »
It's always nice to know how much Plane, or anyone else I happen to give a touche' to, is spot on, when Xo comes out immediately to claim how it wasn't       8)

Obama lied, the Country died
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »
Mucking Foron.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »
Like clockwork    8)

BSB

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
"State in the clear why giving a soldier a wepon is a bad idea."

Why is it a bad idea to let every GI Joe and Mac Marine run around U.S. bases with fully loaded firearms? Gee, I can't imagine?

Not only do friends and family of people like this poster suffer, but society at large suffers. They're a drag on all who work toward the making of an intelligent and well ordered republic.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 08:29:26 PM »
Are GI Joes and Mac Marines fully armed at base camps overseas?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
"State in the clear why giving a soldier a wepon is a bad idea."

Why is it a bad idea to let every GI Joe and Mac Marine run around U.S. bases with fully loaded firearms? Gee, I can't imagine?

Not only do friends and family of people like this poster suffer, but society at large suffers. They're a drag on all who work toward the making of an intelligent and well ordered republic.

BSB

Does this indeed cause suffering ?

You may imagine that it does, but I cannot see why.

99% of soldiers are quite well trustworthy when armed, and the less than one percent are therefore held in check.

When the very few who wish to be traitors commit sabotage or violence, how does the rest of the brigade being unarmed help?

BSB

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
"Are GI Joes and Mac Marines fully armed at base camps overseas?"

Well I'd be very surprised if you didn't know the answer to that question but I'll play along.

Overseas where? Overseas Germany? Overseas South Korea? Overseas Iraq? Overseas Afghanistan? And on what kind of Base? An FOB (Forward Operating Base)? Central Command? Fire support base? And what's the MOS of the soldier, sailor, airman, or marine in question? Are they 11 Bravos? 0311s? Rules, there are all kinds of rules. That's the way an ordered society, and an ordered military works. Rules, laws.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 09:05:43 PM »

Rules, there are all kinds of rules. That's the way an ordered society, and an ordered military works. Rules, laws.

Rules and laws also change as conditions dictate. Usually when an ordered society ceases to deliver on their promise.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »
"Are GI Joes and Mac Marines fully armed at base camps overseas?"

Rules, there are all kinds of rules. That's the way an ordered society, and an ordered military works. Rules, laws.

BSB

Not really.

Rules are usefull or not , depending on the nature of the rule.

They are all usefull to people who disreguard them and thereby cheat up an advantage.

Disarming soldiers on bases did not stop any wave of crimes , it merely makes them dependant on the SP , AP or contract cops that patroll the base.

Crimerates on base are generally low , both wherre the soldiers have sidearms and where they don't.

BSB

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
Well I live in Massachusetts and we are a commonwealth of laws not men. I don't know how dumbass ratwing jesusfreak rednecks run their states.

BSB

==========================

Article XXX [edit]
In the government of this commonwealth, the legislative department shall never exercise the executive and judicial powers, or either of them: the executive shall never exercise the legislative and judicial powers, or either of them: the judicial shall never exercise the legislative and executive powers, or either of them: to the end it may be a government of laws and not of men.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 10:34:39 PM »
I don't know how dumbass ratwing jesusfreak rednecks run their states.

You should learn. It might pepper your posts with facts instead of simple assertions.

BSB

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 10:42:12 PM »
Where's the fun in that?

BSB