Author Topic: It's the best they can do  (Read 3690 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
It's the best they can do
« on: June 21, 2013, 12:44:45 PM »
I think both parties are guilty and since he's alive shoud face some jailtime. Besides that i have never once seen any clue of any african american wanting to address this case as non-racial despite zimmerman is not white. If anything this could backfire on the africanamerican community.

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/All-female-jury-seated-in-George-Zimmerman-case-4613622.php#photo-4814238

Maybe wrong didn't they surpress evidence showing zimmermans injuries saying anything negative about treyvon has no bearing on the case.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: It's the best they can do
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 12:58:43 PM »
Not sure why you you would think he deserves jail time, Kimba, unless you know something the rest of us don't.  I guess that could be your gut telling you something.  My gut tells me OJ slaughtered his wife despite being found not guilty.  So there's that

There's nothing racial about this, outside of the fact that Treyvon was Black and Zimmerman was Hispanic.  Those are just facts

It'll be interesting as it plays out, especially with all the building furor that unless there's a guilty verdict, all heck is supposed to break out.  And who do you think is responsible for that pre-verdict powder keg?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:00:53 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »
It was a preventable situation if he were to heed police advice to not approach the kid and the end result is a death.

Stand your ground gets grey when you ignore the police

BSB

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
"Stand your ground gets grey when you ignore the police"

Well said.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »
It was a preventable situation if he were to heed police advice to not approach the kid and the end result is a death.

Just about everything is "preventable" with the ever famous "if".  What we have to deal with is the "did" happen.  Facts will be produced, that the Jury will decide what is credible or not.  Stand your ground is still stand your ground if someone comes at you, in a very threatening manor, and you're in fear of your life.  How the Prosecution thinks they can get a 2nd degree murder conviction sure looks to be ..... a challenging goal

But what is commendable on your part is that you appear focused on the events, which includes Zimmerman's recommendations by Police, while race really had nothing to do with this.  And yet those stoking the race angle are the ones lighting a fuse to the poweder keg of a possible not-guilty verdict

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:01:29 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »
I'm at a place that try very hard not to see through race glasses,which is very hard for me. Starting from that shooting death at the menlo park bart station. The was from the officers statement he mistaken his gun for a stun gun. I truely believe thats a rock solid defense no matter if true or false it is. Because it something i would of done in such a heated event. The african-american community refuse the believe death by incompetence instead of racism.

This also brought to light how bad the bart police itself is

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 02:57:59 PM »
Commendable, and more importantly, credible comments, Kimba....if I do say so myself

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »
my opinion and prediction

Zimmerman will be found "guilty" during first trial
this will pacify the racists, welfare pimps, & "whites are to blame for everything" crowd
it will be "rah rah....Tray-Von da man!.....we showed whitey!"
then upon appeal the conviction will be over-turned
ZimmberBaby will be released with time served
prosecution will not re-try the case or if they do it will be "not guilty"
saying a re-trial is too expensive, he's already served time, & it's best to "move-on"
i think almost everybody on the "inside" knows Zimmerman is innocent
but by convicting then over-turning...both sides will be able to claim some degree of victory
it's really sad an innocent man must go through this show trial to pacify certain groups
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:18:57 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
Unfortunately for some folks, the ends justify the means.....even at the expense & sacrifice of an innocent man

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 08:37:13 PM »

Stand your ground gets grey when you ignore the police

This is a good point, I think it will make a lot of difference.

But I have done the same thing , and joined a mob that flushed a burglar out of the bushes, in spite of a patrolman telling us not to.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 02:33:42 AM »
Mob?? Pretty sure not the same and that also not covered on stand your ground and likely have differing results.

Treyvon is not likely single handedly jump a group of men.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »
I don't think the 911 dispatcher was a sworn police officer.

I think zimmerman will be found not guilty in criminal court but may suffer damages in civil court.

See OJ

And even after saying that i reserve the right to change my mind once sworn testimony is entered into the trial as facts instead of the relying on the facts as presented by the press.

BSB

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
my opinion and prediction

Zimmerman will be found "guilty" during first trial
this will pacify the racists, welfare pimps, & "whites are to blame for everything" crowd
it will be "rah rah....Tray-Von da man!.....we showed whitey!"
then upon appeal the conviction will be over-turned
ZimmberBaby will be released with time served
prosecution will not re-try the case or if they do it will be "not guilty"
saying a re-trial is too expensive, he's already served time, & it's best to "move-on"
i think almost everybody on the "inside" knows Zimmerman is innocent
but by convicting then over-turning...both sides will be able to claim some degree of victory
it's really sad an innocent man must go through this show trial to pacify certain groups

I see, so this is really all about race? It's just a show trial to pacify the blacks and has nothing to do with the fact that a kid was gunned down for what amounts to no reason at all? Interesting take CU4. Backward, retarded, but interesting.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
Wow....who knew that BnonameB was a witness to the crime, and knew he was "gunned down for no reason at all".   Have you already gone thru your deposition?  Is that why you can't provide your name?

Or is this simply your ongoing reason for posting here....to call other people 3rd grade names

BSB

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
Wow....who knew that BnonameB was a witness to the crime, and knew he was "gunned down for no reason at all".   Have you already gone thru your deposition?  Is that why you can't provide your name?

Or is this simply your ongoing reason for posting here....to call other people 3rd grade names

Ah huh, and was young Mr. Martin carrying a machine-gun all of a sudden, or did he pull a 12" knife? And in case you're blind, I sign every post with my name. And further, perhaps if you and CU4 could get out of the third grade, you wouldn't get called names. And further still, the real question is why do you post in here? You've driven every decent poster, that was left, out. You're a catastrophe to a forum and everybody knows it.

BSB